Montecito - 2010 Woodbury Collection

[quote author="graceomalley"]I think it is only a 3' stoop and dirt. The concrete slab is an upgrade. Alex or Steve please shed light.[/quote]

You are correct. It's just dirt. It will still need to be hardscaped or landscaped. Our design center appointment is coming up. I will report in if it's different.

[quote author="fe9000"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]I think it is only a 3' stoop and dirt. The concrete slab is an upgrade. Alex or Steve please shed light.[/quote]

You are correct. It's just dirt. It will still need to be hardscaped or landscaped. Our design center appointment is coming up. I will report in if it's different.[/quote]

Really? One of the sales associates (don't wanna say names publicly) at Montecito said that the California rooms come with Concrete. But then again, it doesn't matter for me now 'cause my model doesn't have one! ;D

[quote author="graceomalley"][quote author=ck board=irvinere thread=510 post=5165 time=1265232664]

Sheeple will use their garage as storage and park both cars on the driveway. Since the garage is buried in the motorcourt and behind 2 cars. sheeple may even be daring enough to leaving the door open and let their kids play there.
[/quote]

Not this sheeple. We actually like our cars and think our cars deserve a room. They will be in the garage.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="fe9000"]

You are correct. It's just dirt. It will still need to be hardscaped or landscaped. Our design center appointment is coming up. I will report in if it's different.[/quote]

Really? One of the sales associates (don't wanna say names publicly) at Montecito said that the California rooms come with Concrete. But then again, it doesn't matter for me now 'cause my model doesn't have one! ;D[/quote]

You know what, you are right! I never got to ask for the california room because plan 2 was not an option for us when we were called. So for our plan 1, it's just dirt. I will confirm.

[quote author="fe9000"]
[quote author="ajw522"]

Really? One of the sales associates (don't wanna say names publicly) at Montecito said that the California rooms come with Concrete. But then again, it doesn't matter for me now 'cause my model doesn't have one! ;D[/quote]

You know what, you are right! I never got to ask for the california room because plan 2 was not an option for us when we were called. So for our plan 1, it's just dirt. I will confirm.[/quote]

yes, I believe you are right. For the plan 1, you get all dirt. But, they throw in the overhead patio trellis above the slider!

[quote author="miesian"]A better location is coming. I have heard that TIC is proposing to place Montecito on the currently empty parcel in front of Woodbury Elementary on Great Lawn and Revival. A presentation was made to the neighborhood on Monday. 66 additional Montecito homes in a walled enclave right in the heart of the community. [/quote]

I never heard anything about this. Do you have any more information? Any documents that have info?

Plan 1 Montecito does not have a CaliRoom... it has a patio... so that would make sense if there is just dirt but it should have at least the stoop that BK mentioned.

The CaliRooms should have some concrete pad because that's part of the foundation (BK can correct me here) where the support posts are anchored.

EDIT: Oops... meant there IS dirt.

[quote author="qwerty"]
[quote author="ck"]

Oh...I didn't mean park on the motorcourt --- I was saying in the actual driveway. I hope they are allowing people to park in their own driveways? What I was saying, with the house so close to the street --- and the personal driveway the only real setback to give some separation ---- imagine how it will look when you get big SUV's taking up that space as well. The whole street scene will just look that much more congested.[/quote]

whoops! my bad. completely missed the driveway part, was thinking motorcourt. yeah im with you, while i guess the driveway length is up to code, it seems pretty short. I remember walking my dogs in woodbury and i would always have to walk around cars because the backend of the car was hanging out onto the sidewalk because otherwise the car would almost hit the garage door. the driveway we have now is what i would consider a "full" size driveway, i have plenty of space in front of the car and behind the car. [/quote]

no HOA so one can park a small RV in the driveway?

[quote author="ps99472"]
[quote author="qwerty"]

whoops! my bad. completely missed the driveway part, was thinking motorcourt. yeah im with you, while i guess the driveway length is up to code, it seems pretty short. I remember walking my dogs in woodbury and i would always have to walk around cars because the backend of the car was hanging out onto the sidewalk because otherwise the car would almost hit the garage door. the driveway we have now is what i would consider a "full" size driveway, i have plenty of space in front of the car and behind the car. [/quote]

no HOA so one can park a small RV in the driveway?[/quote]

No, there IS an HOA. They will probably enforce a "no parking on motorcourt" policy, which I would expect. Otherwise, it will cause trouble.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="miesian"]A better location is coming. I have heard that TIC is proposing to place Montecito on the currently empty parcel in front of Woodbury Elementary on Great Lawn and Revival. A presentation was made to the neighborhood on Monday. 66 additional Montecito homes in a walled enclave right in the heart of the community. [/quote]

I never heard anything about this. Do you have any more information? Any documents that have info?[/quote]

BTW. Good to find you guys. It was getting lonely back there at IHF.

Only a few current Woodbury residents got to see the TIC proposal in a private session on Monday. I would be surprised if the staff over at Montecito would know about this. There is no official documentation out there they are willing to let out to the public yet.

We also found out that there will be a couple more neighborhoods in the works for this coming fall: Four Quartets and Esplanade will be revived with new names and slightly new looks. These will be directly adjacent to the Town Center. It looks like Woodbury could be built out by next year.

welcome miesian.. if TIC wants to, I'm sure they can do anything including building out WB in one year... but I'm guessing at least 2-3... but you are right, while walking the kid yesterday, they have been working on the lot surrounded by Townsgate, Revival, Talisman. I believe that is the original Four Quartets lot...

Wait a minute,,, did you say WALLED ENCLAVE??? If they are going to do what they did in Woodbury West, right in the middle of Woodbury, then that would COMPLETELY ruin the entire neighborhood!

BTW, if they do put up a wall in the middle of Woodbury, I will then really refuse to live here, period!

[quote author="roundcorners"]

Wait a minute,,, did you say WALLED ENCLAVE??? If they are going to do what they did in Woodbury West, right in the middle of Woodbury, then that would COMPLETELY ruin the entire neighborhood!

BTW, if they do put up a wall in the middle of Woodbury, I will then really refuse to live here, period![/quote]

Roundcorners-
I am afraid to tell you you may have to start packing then.

The neighbors did not put up much resistance when they found out "detached homes" are being proposed at the site. These 2 magic words IMO veiled the fact that this will be a walled enclave with ONE access alley into it.

A large swath of Great Lawn will become solid wall starting in front of Woodbury elementary. The Wall wraps the block of Regal/ Winding Way/ Great Lawn/ Twin Gables. All proposed 66 Montecito type houses will turn their backs on Woodbury behind a block wall in the heart of the community. No front yards/ landscape-just asphalt drive courts inside. Pear Tree Garden is eliminated. This is contrary to every other existing Woodbury home with direct front door/ yard connection along the street along with proximity to a pocket park.

Maybe most people just don't care about this, and I am being neurotic. Are there any other concerned Woodbury residents out there beyond Roundcorners? Is it worth it to bring it up to the neighbors again? <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( -->

[quote author="miesian"]
[quote author="roundcorners"]

BTW, if they do put up a wall in the middle of Woodbury, I will then really refuse to live here, period![/quote]

Roundcorners-
I am afraid to tell you you may have to start packing then.

The neighbors did not put up much resistance when they found out "detached homes" are being proposed at the site. These 2 magic words IMO veiled the fact that this will be a walled enclave with ONE access alley into it.

A large swath of Great Lawn will become solid wall starting in front of Woodbury elementary. The Wall wraps the block of Regal/ Winding Way/ Great Lawn/ Twin Gables. All proposed 66 Montecito type houses will turn their backs on Woodbury behind a block wall in the heart of the community. No front yards/ landscape-just asphalt drive courts inside. Pear Tree Garden is eliminated. This is contrary to every other existing Woodbury home with direct front door/ yard connection along the street along with proximity to a pocket park.

Maybe most people just don't care about this, and I am being neurotic. Are there any other concerned Woodbury residents out there beyond Roundcorners? Is it worth it to bring it up to the neighbors again? <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( -->

[/quote]

This project is pure greed and a BIG F-YOU from TIC to all current WB owners. It shows they could care less about the original master plan for WB, including pockets parks and front doors with access to the side streets, and community aesthetics.

I am starting to have very low expectations for future PS, OH, and LC developments. Stonegate which is supposed to be a lower end neighborhood and possibly WB South/Planning Area 40 will probably be even worse.

I need to throw down some more hate for Montecito... I am no longer on the list. First, how could they jack the price for plan to from $760K for phase 1 to $778 for phase 2? Second, I looked again and realized the paltry kitchen space with lack of a walk in pantry. The more I looked at the horseshoe shaped plan for the development, the less appealing it looks to me overall. For this much money, I want to walk out my front door to take my dog for a walk, see some grass, walk out to the curb, etc... instead, you are in an allley (motorcourt is a fancy terminology some jackass made up) about 10 feet from your neighbor's front door.

I am no longer considering Montecito. It was hilarious though, I was speaking to the saleslady and commented, "Gee, this whole alley thing kind of bothers me. Why would you put the front door on the alley". Her response was this:

"Well, I see that you haven't read the newest brochure. There was an EXTENSIVE market study conducted, and one of the most important things was people wanted to live on a quiet street and wanted to have privacy. These motorcourts address those needs. You don't want random cars travelling down your street. This way, you know that everyone who travels on the motorcourt is your family or your neighbors. It was purposely done this way. These motorcourts are better that they are this narrow. This discourages people from driving fast on them, so your children will be safe to play there. The whole community was designed to keep what homebuyers wanted in mind. It's purposely designed to have narrow streets and smaller lots"

Can you believe this crock o sh!t? Uhhhh.. yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you can now fit 6 houses where you would normally fit 3, and still charge $800,000 for them. The more and more I thought about, the more and more I am convinced that Montecito is one big sham.

If living with an alley isn't a problem, there are plenty of homes like this in Irvine. Parking in the rear in the garage, and the front door on the other side. There are tons of houses like this that have 50x the curb appeal of Montecito. The driveway is a token jesture for all the packrats who refuse to park a car in the garage. In my development here, about 10% of homes have 2 cars parked in their garages, and one of them is mine.

akim997, just wait. Since TIC did not build for almost 3 years there has been huge a pent up demand for the New Woodbury Collection. I am atleast happy to see that they are still building in the midst of this recession. I have heard that Portola Springs will start building new homes with new builders by end of this year. I am waiting to see this development. I have always preferred Portola Springs over Woodbury.

If it wasnt for the obscene Mello Roos, I'd be looking at PS as well. I actually timed it, but it took my wife and I 3 minutes to get from Los Arboles to the corner of Sand Canyon and Irvine Blvd. (We almost bought one of the last Los Arboles units). People keep saying PS is "so far out there" but don't realize it's just a hop skip and a jump from Woodbury. The $5K Mello in WB is steep enough, the $6400 in Mello for PS is ridiculous. And yes, I am in the Alternative Minimum Tax, so there is no tax deduction for me... =( (any one who tells you not to claim Mello is an idiot... )

[quote author="akim997"]I need to throw down some more hate for Montecito... I am no longer on the list. First, how could they jack the price for plan to from $760K for phase 1 to $778 for phase 2? Second, I looked again and realized the paltry kitchen space with lack of a walk in pantry. The more I looked at the horseshoe shaped plan for the development, the less appealing it looks to me overall. For this much money, I want to walk out my front door to take my dog for a walk, see some grass, walk out to the curb, etc... instead, you are in an allley (motorcourt is a fancy terminology some jackass made up) about 10 feet from your neighbor's front door.

I am no longer considering Montecito. It was hilarious though, I was speaking to the saleslady and commented, "Gee, this whole alley thing kind of bothers me. Why would you put the front door on the alley". Her response was this:

"Well, I see that you haven't read the newest brochure. There was an EXTENSIVE market study conducted, and one of the most important things was people wanted to live on a quiet street and wanted to have privacy. These motorcourts address those needs. You don't want random cars travelling down your street. This way, you know that everyone who travels on the motorcourt is your family or your neighbors. It was purposely done this way. These motorcourts are better that they are this narrow. This discourages people from driving fast on them, so your children will be safe to play there. The whole community was designed to keep what homebuyers wanted in mind. It's purposely designed to have narrow streets and smaller lots"

Can you believe this crock o sh!t? Uhhhh.. yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that you can now fit 6 houses where you would normally fit 3, and still charge $800,000 for them. The more and more I thought about, the more and more I am convinced that Montecito is one big sham.

If living with an alley isn't a problem, there are plenty of homes like this in Irvine. Parking in the rear in the garage, and the front door on the other side. There are tons of houses like this that have 50x the curb appeal of Montecito. The driveway is a token jesture for all the packrats who refuse to park a car in the garage. In my development here, about 10% of homes have 2 cars parked in their garages, and one of them is mine.

[/quote]

I agree with the "less cars on your motorcourt" statement, but I think the "narrow makes people drive slow" is CRAP! They made it narrow to fit as many home in as possible. I sound hypocritical since I bought in Montecito, but I still know the motorcourt is narrow.

I don't see why they would say that purposely making smaller lots benefits people in any way...

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="akim997"]I need to throw down some more hate for Montecito... I am no longer on the list. First, how could they jack the price for plan to from $760K for phase 1 to $778 for phase 2? Second, I looked again and realized the paltry kitchen space with lack of a walk in pantry. The more I looked at the horseshoe shaped plan for the development, the less appealing it looks to me overall. For this much money, I want to walk out my front door to take my dog for a walk, see some grass, walk out to the curb, etc... instead, you are in an allley (motorcourt is a fancy terminology some jackass made up) about 10 feet from your neighbor's front door.

[/quote]

I agree with the "less cars on your motorcourt" statement, but I think the "narrow makes people drive slow" is CRAP! They made it narrow to fit as many home in as possible. I sound hypocritical since I bought in Montecito, but I still know the motorcourt is narrow.

I don't see why they would say that purposely making smaller lots benefits people in any way... [/quote]

Alex congratulations! I guess you will finally become a home owner in Woodbury after renting and waiting for so many years. Which plan did you end up getting? How soon will the builders have the home ready for you to move in?

- P

[/quote]

With the exception of some BK classics, this might be my favorite post on TI so far.

Back