Laguna Altura in 2011

newbiecommuter said:
This bend L-street seems to be a new addition.  It doesn't appear in the masterplan maps from Irvinerecords.  In the masterplan there is a private park in that area.  Irvine company sqeezing as many houses as possible?
???
That's why I asked about the age of that master plan because based on satellite footage... they've modified the layout. It looks like they've removed two cul-de-sacs and moved the pocket park more towards the interior. The Cortona homes look like they will not be perpendicular to the entrance like the master plan but parallel like the original sitemap from TRG:

idr4ti.jpg

Hmm... now I wonder what homes I did take a picture of.

Well... we'll probably know in about two months... I'm thinking these will be April/May ready.

yes, the red circle is about where the ones that are almost done are (they were putting tar paper on the roof this morning)

the new ones are probably one over and one back from the green square.

Is there a trail or easy hike from Quail hill that gives us a view of the Laguan crossing/Altura area?  It looks like there should be one based on Google Earth pictures, but cannot figure out where to park and start the trail.  The hike may be a fun family activity and gives me a chance to look at the layout of the new area!

newbiecommuter said:
Is there a trail or easy hike from Quail hill that gives us a view of the Laguan crossing/Altura area?  It looks like there should be one based on Google Earth pictures, but cannot figure out where to park and start the trail.  The hike may be a fun family activity and gives me a chance to look at the layout of the new area!
freedomcm posted a PDF in this other thread:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1023.msg11268#msg11268

You could also drive up to the top of Quail Hill (Luminous) and see the whole thing from the cul-de-sac.

ps99472 said:
So based on an assumed $350/sq ft..  the prices for these homes will be

Sienna
Plan 1:  $554,750
Plan 2:  $575,750
Plan 3:  $618,450

San Remo
Plan 1:  $658,700
Plan 2:  $691,600
Plan 3:  $707,700

Cortona
Plan 1:  $837,200
Plan 2:  $948,500
Plan 3:  $990,150

Toscana
Plan 1:  $988,050
Plan 2:  $1,034,950
Plan 3:  $1,095,150

What do you guys think?  I think the detached condos will be closer to $360-365/ sq ft.  Cortona's plan 1 and plan 2 have a big gap, I think it will be a good buy for one of these in the early phases.  HOA around $200-300 (gate?) and tax/mello roos of 1.8%. 
You were off by $100,000:
https://www2.villagesofirvine.com/mk/get/LAGUNA_ALTURA_REG

Shadax started a thread on it too:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1463.0

Since Irvine Pacific (AKA TIC) is the Master Builder for Stonegate and Laguna Altura... it would seem that the plans at both communities would be similar. If you look at the homes page for Stonegate:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Stonegate-Homes.aspx

The last 3 hoods almost match the first 3 hoods for LagAlt in square footage. Would they be the same? I noticed there are slight changes in sq footage on the Reg page for LagAlt compared to the earlier ones I posted on page 1 of this thread, but those seem to match up to hoods 2, 3 and 4 of Stonegate.

I'm wondering if they are similar with slight changes ala California Pacific (Irvine Pacific's ancestor).

irvinehomeowner said:
ps99472 said:
So based on an assumed $350/sq ft..  the prices for these homes will be

Sienna
Plan 1:  $554,750
Plan 2:  $575,750
Plan 3:  $618,450

San Remo
Plan 1:  $658,700
Plan 2:  $691,600
Plan 3:  $707,700

Cortona
Plan 1:  $837,200
Plan 2:  $948,500
Plan 3:  $990,150

Toscana
Plan 1:  $988,050
Plan 2:  $1,034,950
Plan 3:  $1,095,150

What do you guys think?  I think the detached condos will be closer to $360-365/ sq ft.  Cortona's plan 1 and plan 2 have a big gap, I think it will be a good buy for one of these in the early phases.  HOA around $200-300 (gate?) and tax/mello roos of 1.8%. 
You were off by $100,000:
https://www2.villagesofirvine.com/mk/get/LAGUNA_ALTURA_REG

Shadax started a thread on it too:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1463.0
Guess they want to start at $400/sf.  Sure makes Portola Springs seem like bargin.

irvinehomeowner said:
Since Irvine Pacific (AKA TIC) is the Master Builder for Stonegate and Laguna Altura... it would seem that the plans at both communities would be similar. If you look at the homes page for Stonegate:
http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Stonegate-Homes.aspx

The last 3 hoods almost match the first 3 hoods for LagAlt in square footage. Would they be the same? I noticed there are slight changes in sq footage on the Reg page for LagAlt compared to the earlier ones I posted on page 1 of this thread, but those seem to match up to hoods 2, 3 and 4 of Stonegate.

I'm wondering if they are similar with slight changes ala California Pacific (Irvine Pacific's ancestor).
So since Irvine Pacific...errrr TIC...will be the builder for Stonegate, Cypress Pointe, Laguna Crossing, Orchard Hills, etc....we can expect to get basically the same floor plans for each area?  You'd think they'd give us a little more variety for what they are selling the homes for.  Build, rinse, and repeat I guess.

Patrick Star said:
Unfortunately, after reading this thread I don't think I will be able to move to Laguna Altura in 2011.  Reading all this stuff about 'white noise' from the 405/133 would probably mean I would need to TURN IT UP loud to enjoy my Big Bang and 2NE1.  And given the close quarters I would have with IHO and his view lot, he probably would not appreciate it.
That would increase my appreciation.... view lot AND PStarNoPantsDancing view lot... win/win!

But alas, if San Ream-me... err Remo is similar to San TIC Dictator Marcos at Stonegate, I will probably pass. If they were more like Casero or even Sevilla, it would warrant some looky-loo but they aren't really that much of a step-up from any resale stuff available elsewhere in Irvine (discounting location obviously).

We'll see when they finally release the floor plans... and I reserve the right to change my mind as my mind is highly influenced by other people in my family.

Actually... I like these kpop breaks in threads... although we might get Lane to post here if you starting putting up Justin Bieber videos.

Patrick Star said:
Amber Liu can kick Justin Bieber's a$$.
Yeah... but Lane has Bieber Fever... so she means nothing to him
To say Amber is my daugther's hero is an understatement.  We even share a house cleaner with Amber's family now that we live out in Porter Ranch a few minutes from her family.  Yeah, the Star family knows us some kpop.
Maybe one day we'll see LittleMissPStar on Kpop Idol.

For Lane (I hope he got the movie tickets he's been dying for):
[youtube]_Z5-P9v3F8w[/youtube]

History just happened today...
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

does anybody else in Irvine really care???

I guess not, I guess apathy is truely rampant here...

Mark my words... there will come a day where even Irvine can't shut out geo-political tensions of the world, the bubble will pop here and most people will not be perpared...

I wonder if people here will ever find a cause to die for...

Sorry to discrupt, not to hi-jack... so back to your k-pop videos and endles chatter of what stuff to buy this weekend, which floorplans best fits your personality and which stucco is better than what...

Uh... there are many forums that don't talk about current events because it's not their subject matter. I notice you didn't use the same venom on your post on OCR and no one has responded to your thread there either.

Should I go to my 3carwidegarage.com* forum and post about Egypt there? RC... I'm not sure what's going on with you right now but you seem very anti-Irvine as of late... relax, you're too young to stress out so much.

(*No such forum exists.... but it would be nice... heh)

What I will say is I am worried about other countries. While this changeover (if you can even call it that) was relatively peaceful, this could lead to all-out war in other regimes.

roundcorners said:
History just happened today...
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

does anybody else in Irvine really care???

I guess not, I guess apathy is truely rampant here...

Mark my words... there will come a day where even Irvine can't shut out geo-political tensions of the world, the bubble will pop here and most people will not be perpared...

I wonder if people here will ever find a cause to die for...

Sorry to discrupt, not to hi-jack... so back to your k-pop videos and endles chatter of what stuff to buy this weekend, which floorplans best fits your personality and which stucco is better than what...

So nobody in Irvine cares about Egypt because nobody has posted about it in the Laguna Altura thread? Yeah, ok.

You're just getting more and more bitter. I get it that you blame Irvine for all the problems in your life (the world?), but COME ON. This is just odd.

Me, I'll wait to celebrate until I hear more about what happens next. Right now, Mubarak may have resigned, but the military is now in control of the country. Military takeovers don't always produce shiny, happy democracies.

Patrick Star said:
I'm not sure if I should be nervous or not about this upcoming armageddon.  I don't live in Irvine any longer, so that in theory would place me in a safe zone.  However, I was talking about kpop this morning.  And I do live in a gated community.  So those are probably two major strikes against me.  Further, I left for work this morning before the gardener arrived, so I was not able to exchange pleasantries.  Unfortunately I also had plans to go buy some new dress slacks for work this weekend, probably at Macys. 

So does the sum of all this leave me in harms way? Or is the "Irvine" part weighted more heavily, and so I'm still good?

I think the fact that you don't live in Irvine anymore will keep you safe. That's the biggest factor, because as we know, all the apathetic, unfriendly, selfish, greedy, non-neighborly people live in Irvine. People in every other city in the world are kind, friendly, make small talk with strangers, and care about world issues.

And just so you know, simply exchanging pleasantries with the gardener does not count. What, are you some kind of snob? You need to let your child feel the gardener's hands, so she can see what hard manual labor does to a man's hands. (Because that's not at all condescending or intrusive.)

roundcorners, if it makes feel any better, I do care about the Egyptian revolution. It will be a new day and new dawn in that part of the world. I live in NP and probably will buy in Irvine. I hope that counts  ;)

Back