Laguna Altura in 2011

Patrick Star said:
traceimage said:
That's the biggest factor, because as we know, all the apathetic, unfriendly, selfish, greedy, non-neighborly people live in Irvine. People in every other city in the world are kind, friendly, make small talk with strangers, and care about world issues.

NOT TRUE!  I don't live there, and I'm all those things you describe.  See, your post just goes to show all you Irvine people think you are some sort of special club, and nobody else can be like you.

Bring it, PatStar! There is no way you could be as apathetic, unfriendly, selfish, greedy, or non-neighborly as me! For example, I wear one of those Korean lady huge sun visor things, and it's not to keep out the sun. I just don't want to have to say hello to people I pass. Oh, and I don't even know where Egypt is!

Much like my friend Jumpcut before me, I think it is also time for me to re-retire from these discussion boards.  The last RC post convinced me of that.  And probably best to put some distance between myself and Irvine, as it is clear you folks are destined for a painful demise at the hands of geo-political world forces. 

So with that and a nice neat (and lucky!) 8 posts, I'll say my final farewell again, and do it with my all-time favorite Big Bang video.  Best of luck to all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ3gphHww1Q[/youtube]

Chitown said:
roundcorners, if it makes feel any better, I do care about the Egyptian revolution. It will be a new day and new dawn in that part of the world. I live in NP and probably will buy in Irvine. I hope that counts  ;)

I care too!! And I know many others in Irvine that really care as well. We will be out celebrating freedom tonight!

Patrick Star said:
Much like my friend Jumpcut before me, I think it is also time for me to re-retire from these discussion boards.  The last RC post convinced me of that.  And probably best to put some distance between myself and Irvine, as it is clear you folks are destined for a painful demise at the hands of geo-political world forces. 

So with that and a nice neat (and lucky!) 8 posts, I'll say my final farewell again, and do it with my all-time favorite Big Bang video.  Best of luck to all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ3gphHww1Q[/youtube]

hahaha! Patrickstar, my wife and I always get our K-Entertainment through you! My wife made a funny comment last night before going to bed? "Is that what your white friend watches at Arthur Andersen?" lol I almost died laughing so hard.

Chitown said:
roundcorners, if it makes feel any better, I do care about the Egyptian revolution. It will be a new day and new dawn in that part of the world.

Yea, it's called the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD

firsttimer said:
test said:
Chitown said:
roundcorners, if it makes feel any better, I do care about the Egyptian revolution. It will be a new day and new dawn in that part of the world.

Yea, it's called the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD

sounds like someone's been watching fox news  ???

I am afraid that it will turn out just like the novel "Animal Farm".  Ex-dictator steps aside and the military takes over.  Just sounds too familiar. I would not be too surprised if it turns out to be a new dictatorship taking over an old dictataorshitp.  Hopefully I am wrong and the Egyptians will get the true democracy they deserve.

Looking at the sat map and using Stonegate's two detached condos as a template, can I assume that the 2 detached condo tracts will be front garage units and not rear ones?

It doesn't look like there is room for motorcourts AND walkway medians between homes.

lagunaalturamap.jpg

Lansner posted a new article on Laguna Altura.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/homes-288838-irvine-laguna.html?pic=1#article-photos

So the detached products at SG and LA will be the attached products from SGE?

ps99472 said:
So the detached products at SG and LA will be the attached products from SGE?
If you look at the floorplans:

SGE Capistrano = SG San Marcos
SGE Los Altos = SG San Mateo

So I'm assuming Siena = Los Altos/San Mateo and San Remo = Capistrano/San Marcos.

This saddens me because the floor plans are not very compelling but at least we can determine how much a demand difference there is between:

- Attached
- Detached
- Gated

... for the same floor plans.

I think that's more of a location thing and like you said... a smaller market for $1mil+ homes.

If you put Los Colinas product where Carmel, Carmel II and San Marino is... I think they would sell better. And they do have great rooms too... just additional spaces on top of that (which to me makes it a superior product).

I love the Los Colinas floorplans and the only thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger is the PS location.  It just seems so far out there.  I am sure in 10 years it will be a great place to live and we might even appreciate it being so far, but for now it still seems like the boonies to me.

Actually, the second article says May 14 which I tend to believe.

April 9 I was told is the target for Stonegate (although their email spams seem to indicated March).

In the end, it's whenever TIC want to do it... although I've been told they don't stop or start building because they want to.

Back