Laguna Altura in 2011

irvinehomeowner said:
What worries me is the whole gate thing.

All that does is add another 10-20% to the price and make the HOAs higher.

I don't like it... I get the feeling these homes are going to have a much higher price point than we are seeing at Portola Springs and Stonegate.

Not with rates going above 5% today.  :)

irvinehomeowner said:

I don't like it... I get the feeling these homes are going to have a much higher price point than we are seeing at Portola Springs and Stonegate.
While Portola is around $300/sf to $320/sf for the new homes, my guess is that those Laguna Crossing homes will be around $350/sf.  So is living there really worth 15-20% more than living in Portola???  Your HOA will probably be north of $300/mo and Mello Roos will probably be over $4,000/yr.

IndieDev said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Not with rates going above 5% today.  :)

Yea we all know home prices follow rates.

house-v-mort2.jpg

That's an incorrect conclusion.

They don't follow rates, but interest rates have an effect on affordability which in turn has an effect on prices over time. Your graph actually proves this for the time period it covers.  ;)

freedomcm said:
Driving by this morning, I saw that they have three units mostly framed.  looks like detatched condo/sfr on the plot just to the right (south) of the entrance monolith
Not sure if these are the same ones you saw:

2vdmp3k.jpg

Based on their orientation, these look like the smaller SFR project, Cortona, but they seem pretty big. The bad thing is unless they build a wall... these are almost the same level as the 133 (I took them while on that road) so the street noise could even be greater.

While the condos are closer to the 405, they are at a higher elevation.

Is it just my wishful thinking but do the end ones look like they could be 3CWG?  :D

Actually... re-looking at the satellite maps and matching it with my position on the 133 when I took this picture... these are probably the biggest SFRs... and I think we are looking at the back of them. There is a bend L-street to the entrance of the big neighborhood if you look on the image below, this is most likely where these sit:

2zpo2m0.jpg

Looks like the Laguna Crossing link on the Villages of Irvine website is now dead, and when you click to register interest for Irvine villages this now pops up :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-07 at 12.54.09 AM.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 287
irvinehomeowner said:
freedomcm said:
Driving by this morning, I saw that they have three units mostly framed.  looks like detatched condo/sfr on the plot just to the right (south) of the entrance monolith

2vdmp3k.jpg

Based on their orientation, these look like the smaller SFR project, Cortona, but they seem pretty big. The bad thing is unless they build a wall... these are almost the same level as the 133 (I took them while on that road) so the street noise could even be greater.

Is it just my wishful thinking but do the end ones look like they could be 3CWG?  :D

Dang. They are even closer together vs. when you look at them from a distance.

frank69m said:
irvinehomeowner said:
freedomcm said:

2vdmp3k.jpg

Dang. They are even closer together vs. when you look at them from a distance.

Might as well just live in attached for less money.

133 is a toll road?  So if i need to get on the 5 north from here, I have to pay a toll every day?

Laguna Crossing should still happen in the future...TIC was planning on building them on the current Wild Rivers site, but after the housing turndown, TIC pulled the plug on that plan temporarily.

ps99472 said:
133 is a toll road?  So if i need to get on the 5 north from here, I have to pay a toll every day?
It doesn't become a toll road until after the 5... so you're good.

(or should I say it is so I have less competition?)  ;)

I think it does go to the 5 right before Sand Canyon.

There is also another exit on Irvine Blvd off the 133 after the 5 interchange but I think that's a toll exit (not sure).

Edit: I owe Kinectics a Coke.

So based on an assumed $350/sq ft..  the prices for these homes will be

Sienna
Plan 1:  $554,750
Plan 2:  $575,750
Plan 3:  $618,450

San Remo
Plan 1:  $658,700
Plan 2:  $691,600
Plan 3:  $707,700

Cortona
Plan 1:  $837,200
Plan 2:  $948,500
Plan 3:  $990,150

Toscana
Plan 1:  $988,050
Plan 2:  $1,034,950
Plan 3:  $1,095,150

What do you guys think?  I think the detached condos will be closer to $360-365/ sq ft.  Cortona's plan 1 and plan 2 have a big gap, I think it will be a good buy for one of these in the early phases.  HOA around $200-300 (gate?) and tax/mello roos of 1.8%. 

I think the condos will be higher too... which could mean the SFRs are higher also.

A "good buy" is relative. They are expensive even with a gate.

This bend L-street seems to be a new addition.  It doesn't appear in the masterplan maps from Irvinerecords.  In the masterplan there is a private park in that area.  Irvine company sqeezing as many houses as possible?
???

irvinehomeowner said:
Actually... re-looking at the satellite maps and matching it with my position on the 133 when I took this picture... these are probably the biggest SFRs... and I think we are looking at the back of them. There is a bend L-street to the entrance of the big neighborhood if you look on the image below, this is most likely where these sit:

2zpo2m0.jpg

index.php

mapbn.jpg

Huh, the layout kinda looks like a chinese character..  With only two entrances/exits, what will traffic be like in rush hour?  How's the N133 in the morning now? 

The 133 has been bad, with a 0.5-1mile backup to the light (at "A") since they started this construction.  Prior to the start, there was never more than a few minute wait to get through the light onto the 405N. (because the light was green for the 133 90% of the time)

The problem isn't really the small amt of traffic that will come out of this new development, it is that the lights are so long (maybe a 5 minute cycle?), as they have to stop the 55mph traffic, so if there is always traffic coming onto the 133, the light is only 50% green for the 133.  This is a big problem from ~8 am to ~9 am, and less so until the halt of construction at ~3pm (and they are working weekends now too!).

It will be a big problem when there is a constant traffic flow onto the 133 from these houses, as it will be more 24/7.  I hope that they have a better traffic plan that they will implement then.

I'm worried about the traffic too.

That's a large amount of homes they are pumping into that one area. The back entrance of the Lake Forest extension may help but they are basically adding two lights where there was only one (and that one only had one sided traffic).

But then again... I was worried about the traffic circle at QH and I never had a problem with it or the surrounding lights during peak times.

Back