Laguna Altura in 2011

So I did my periodic trip up to QH to look at the progress at Laguna Altura.

Not much has changed other than they've paved the main entry. I believe before I said it was a traffic circle and I think that's not the case as another poster pointed out... it looks to be a gated entry.

It does look like they have started prepping or laying the concrete slabs for the models as I counted 4 different areas that resembled something like that. The 'hood structures are more defined and it looks like they can probably start selling in time for the summer season (that's my best guess based on time to build from other empty lots I've seen).

Of course, if something in the economy or housing tanks, they can always mothball until 2012/13.

I doubt it though, based on what Dan Young said about 2011 being a better year for TIC, the activity over at Portola Springs, I'm thinking that it's going to be something like this:

Now: Portola Springs, Stonegate East
Spring/Summer: Laguna Altura
Fall (maybe... but most likely 2012): Stonegate, Cypress Village (Woodbury South)

Stonegate, Cypress Village
Summer: Orchard Hills

I think they want to get their inventory out there before the Great Park build out because that will create some competition for them on pricing and products as Great Park's start date is estimated to be 2012.

That's not the ghost of lions roaring, it's the sound from cars on the 133, 405, and Lake Forest Drive. 

Where are all of the cars going to park? Assuming 2CG with 3 cars owned, or 1 in and 1 in the driveway, the place looks like it will get pretty bunched up.

You don't need a car if you have enough money to buy in Laguna Altura... because you'll have a Transporter Room (as an option instead of the California Room).

sgip said:
That's not the ghost of lions roaring, it's the sound from cars on the 133, 405, and Lake Forest Drive. 

Where are all of the cars going to park? Assuming 2CG with 3 cars owned, or 1 in and 1 in the driveway, the place looks like it will get pretty bunched up.

Don't worry, the HOA will simply ban all parking at the curbside without a parking pass. Problem solved.

sooooo... what goes in between quail hill and LA right off of the other circle at Laguna Canyon Road and Quail Hill intersection?

Also, I'd expect the detached SFRs to start in the mid-high 900Ks to low $1MM

I think that was supposed to be another retail center.

But they could put condos/apartments there... I think it's a bit small for SFRs.

akim997 said:
sooooo... what goes in between quail hill and LA right off of the other circle at Laguna Canyon Road and Quail Hill intersection?

You talking about that flat land area that kinda flooded during the rains last month? Hopefully, nothing. Maybe a strip mall?

frank69m said:
akim997 said:

You talking about that flat land area that kinda flooded during the rains last month? Hopefully, nothing. Maybe a strip mall?

That is part of planning area 17 (QH). It is zoned for future commercial space and possible more homes (?apartments).

See map area with red circle on it:

2chxhmg.jpg

They don't want to get my hopes up.

I also believe there is another 'hood they will be building that is south of Lake Forest/Laguna Altura. Maybe they will call that one Laguna Crossings (and those are supposed to be "luxury" homes).

irvinehomeowner said:
I also believe there is another 'hood they will be building that is south of Lake Forest/Laguna Altura. Maybe they will call that one Laguna Crossings (and those are supposed to be "luxury" homes).

That's Hidden Canyon.  Custom lots on par with Shady Canyon.

Oh.. I was all excited about the southern part before I found out it was custom lots!  I wasn't too thrilled about the northern part of Laguna Crossing when I first learned about it a year or 2 back.

Driving by this morning, I saw that they have three units mostly framed.  looks like detatched condo/sfr on the plot just to the right (south) of the entrance monolith

I'm assuming they'll zone it the same as Quail Hill (Alderwood/RanchoSanJoaquin/University) but you never know, it could get connected to Oak Creek's.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm assuming they'll zone it the same as Quail Hill (Alderwood/RanchoSanJoaquin/University) but you never know, it could get connected to Oak Creek's.

Just what I needed. Another 200 kids in my school.

What worries me is the whole gate thing.

All that does is add another 10-20% to the price and make the HOAs higher.

I don't like it... I get the feeling these homes are going to have a much higher price point than we are seeing at Portola Springs and Stonegate.

Back