Juniper by Pulte (Beacon Park)

Yeah, probably doesn't make sense for you, but still would be an option for folks who want to move up from a condo and/or 3bd or first time buyers, etc if they don't mind the price and MR

AW said:
Yeah, probably doesn't make sense for you, but still would be an option for folks who want to move up from a condo and/or 3bd or first time buyers, etc if they don't mind the price and MR

But GRERNWOOD!!

ps9 said:
Lot 40 is decent but a good chunk of the yard is in the front.  Haven't thought about BP in awhile.  To revisit:  a plan 2 sycamore, say lot 40 will be around $1.42 at closing with upgrades.  I'll get the extra flex room down so that makes my MR $9961 a year.  So MR + 1.01% tax = ~$24,000/year with a 2% increase on MR each year thereafter (~$200/year).  At year 8, if I sell the house the new owner will have a MR of $11,670. 

After closing landscaping will be what $25-30k?  Window coverings, moving expenses, stress headaches,...  All for what?  New house smell?  Show off to friends?  Walk to school till 8th grade? 

So let's focus on the Mello, BP will cost me $10,000 a year.  What better infrastructure does that give me over my current location which is only $2000 a year and potentially less if R6 expires in a few years?  Those are some expensive sidewalks and drains in BP.  Assuming Eastwood will have lower Mello you still get the walkable school though for 2 less years.

Floor plan is about the same as my current except I'll lose a living room, gain a bigger family room with 12 foot ceilings.  A bigger loft upstairs, laundry room up, bigger masters bath, a master deck.  And lose my high ceilings, though there is a little in the Sycamore plan.  But if costs are more equivalent, getting the bigger family room would win me over.  Too bad costs are not equivalent.

And let's say the builder finally drops the price to accommodate the MR.  I buy and jump in.  Won't I have to adjust my price when the time comes to sell and the Mello is even higher?

I feel these homes need to go below $400/sq ft in order to move.  But even at that price I will still hesitate.

Ps9 - Did you ever add on the "tech loft space with iron railing" at your current house?

I finally went to Beacon today.

Saw Juniper and Silvermist.

Those tall ceilings and gigantic glass doors are awesome... but not sure where all the square footage is. Why are the master closets so tiny... are all the architects men?

Juniper Plan 3 (Walnut?) and Silvermist Jade.

Both had dual master closets and Jade was cool with the door to the laundry. Only problem with Jade is at 3700sf+, it needed an upstairs loft. I assume you can do it over the dining room but is not a builder option.

For a home that is over 3,500sf....it should have 5 bedrooms, a loft, and a bathroom for every one with plenty of space to spare.  But hey, that's just my opinion.  I want a 3-car garage single story home 2,500-3,000sf.

irvinehomeowner said:

Both had dual master closets and Jade was cool with the door to the laundry. Only problem with Jade is at 3700sf+, it needed an upstairs loft. I assume you can do it over the dining room but is not a builder option.

But doesn't it have two flex spaces downstairs? A den and a game room. One of those is the 5th bedroom though.

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:

But doesn't it have two flex spaces downstairs? A den and a game room. One of those is the 5th bedroom though.
Yes... but I prefer having flex space upstairs too.

And if you're at 3500+, it should actually be a 5br + loft (USC style!).

I wanted to look at Torrey but got tired after just Juniper and Silvermist... not a young model home lookie-loo anymore.

Yea I know. I agree with you. Just being contrarian. 3700sf should have all that. I actually don't think I made it to Jade. Had to leave midway through my silvermist tour.  Will have to go back to see how inefficient this plan is.

AW said:
Tomorrow at 10, lets see how many get sold, the premium for the end cul de sac isn't unreasonable.

Does Pulte still keep their site up to date? Looks like they sold none of the new phase with the bigger lots.

If you read this message, you must be showing some interest in juniper or million dollar or similar homes. Means, you are at a price range of $1.3m and up.

Just curious, What do you do for living to pay this mortgage? :) And how much do you make per year?

By the way, I am your well paid(300k+) neighbor with 900k home after stretching my wallet really hard. 

java123 said:
If you read this message, you must be showing some interest in juniper or million dollar or similar homes. Means, you are at a price range of $1.3m and up.

Just curious, What do you do for living to pay this mortgage? :) And how much do you make per year?

By the way, I am your well paid(300k+) neighbor with 900k home after stretching my wallet really hard.

At a $1.25M price point, your household income reasonably needs to be $300K+, unless you're putting well above 20% down. Households making $300K aren't a mystery. They're professionals with graduate degrees likely married to other professionals with graduate degrees (doctors, lawyers, CPAs, MBAs, engineers, developers, etc.).

Updated Juniper sales and pricing

Attachments

• Pulte Prices.jpg
    Pulte Prices.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 354
  • Pulti Sales.jpg
    Pulti Sales.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 291
At least for Juniper, the larger lots will sell, even with the premium pricing and the double mello roos (and the cemetery's ghosts).

Back