Juniper by Pulte (Beacon Park)

Haha yeah that is what I was thinking.  I do believe the part where there are wait lists for most of the large lots; whether or not those people end up buying is to be determined but when there is a wait list the buyer has much less leverage.

aquabliss said:
I think a large yard isn't that important until you have it, then you don't want to go back to looking at a wall.  I was used to no yard / small yard until I had a 35ft deep yard.  Now I can't imagine anything less.

Also keep in mind that in  the kingdom of zero lot lines, land is King!

Our Strada lot is 32' deep, at least on one side. It's 15' deep on the other side (in a straight line). I can imagine how it's hard to go from a big yard to a small one, just as it'll be hard to move from no neighbors on one side, to surrounded by neighbors.

Newbie13 said:
for those interested...straight from juniper sales rep "A $30,000 incentive package is the most the builder can do.  The VP of sales is firm on this because these prices will be the lowest prices they will have at Juniper.  Lot sizes will go up and they have a waiting list for most of them already.  The price concessions and extra incentives will very likely not be avialable in future phases."

This is the same BS I was told when looking at Capella in OH.  They said don't bother waiting for any house with a larger lot since they are all accounted for.  They said the demand for these lots was overwhelming.  Even the smaller lots (ie. the other 95% of homes) were more or less accounted for until a much later phase release.  Fast forward 9 months, and boy have things changed.  That's why I love watching the struggling sales and all the price drops at Capella.  Their attitude in the beginning of the phase releases was absolutely amazing.  Like they were doing me a favor by even talking to me without first being pre-qualified.

Everyone has good points. But regardless, lots 1,4 and 7 sold over the weekend, one sale each day from Sunday to today based on the info my friend got today. dont think prices will be dropping (aside from the 30k reduction upfront) anytime soon. And come spring and that BP K-8 school is built brand spanking new and summer is almost here, market will most likely heat up again, isn't that what happens historically?

Newbie13 said:
Everyone has good points. But regardless, lots 1,4 and 7 sold over the weekend, one sale each day from Sunday to today based on the info my friend got today. dont think prices will be dropping (aside from the 30k reduction upfront) anytime soon. And come spring and that BP K-8 school is built brand spanking new and summer is almost here, market will most likely heat up again, isn't that what happens historically?

Let's see how many of those "sold" over the weekend actually close.  Are they allowing contingent buyers to make purchases? 

Historically, Phase 1 sells out within the first week of a grand opening since most buyers pre-qualified weeks, sometimes even months before the grand opening.  Like I said before, I've never seen so many houses available for this long for the Phase 1 release.  The 30k reduction shows potential buyers that there is blood in the water.  I mean, this is Phase 1!!  I will even go out and say that this has never happened in the past 15 years for a new development in Irvine.

Only time will tell who is right on this.  I'll be waiting on the sidelines until it gets really bloody. 

heck yeah they're taking contingent! Don't think they are in the position not to.

Laguna Altura? I don't know how they sold in phase one but I do remember that at one point a 2500 sfr was reduced to $875k. I still have the price list somewhere.

Newbie13 said:
heck yeah they're taking contingent! Don't think they are in the position not to.

Laguna Altura? I don't know how they sold in phase one but I do remember that at one point a 2500 sfr was reduced to $875k. I still have the price list somewhere.

BP the new Laguna Altura - uh no

eyephone said:
Newbie13 said:

BP the new Laguna Altura - uh no

Haha that's not what I meant. Just that LA was slow too, granted it was what 2011/2012.

BP has its appeal to those who value certain things. Location wise it is no turtle rock, quail hill or Laguna Altura. But the houses are brand new, decent to sizeable lots, there is a k-8 true walking distance school and you hop on that 133 and you're only 5 min further to Laguna beach than quail hill/la residents. Is it priced too steep compared to its more comparable Irvine neighborhoods? There is no way to quantify that, it's so subjective.

Newbie13 said:
Newbie13 said:
Perspective said:
Broken record, but this is insane. Most Beacon Park homes are over-priced and the mello roos is double other new Irvine neighborhoods. They're already offering $20K in incentives. Will Juniper's next move be $50K? How does this end?

They're offering 30K incentives now on paper.  So 50k may actually be considered in my opinion.

for those interested...straight from juniper sales rep "A $30,000 incentive package is the most the builder can do.  The VP of sales is firm on this because these prices will be the lowest prices they will have at Juniper.  Lot sizes will go up and they have a waiting list for most of them already.  The price concessions and extra incentives will very likely not be avialable in future phases."

and you believe them?  they give incentives now since they cant sell them now.  They will give price drops and more incentives later when they still cant sell them later.  what options will they have otherwise? 

hello said:
Newbie13 said:
Newbie13 said:
Perspective said:
Broken record, but this is insane. Most Beacon Park homes are over-priced and the mello roos is double other new Irvine neighborhoods. They're already offering $20K in incentives. Will Juniper's next move be $50K? How does this end?

They're offering 30K incentives now on paper.  So 50k may actually be considered in my opinion.

and you believe them?  they give incentives now since they cant sell them now.  They will give price drops and more incentives later when they still cant sell them later.  what options will they have otherwise?

Well, there's some credibility to the argument that Juniper has buyers lined-up for the big cul-de-sac lots available in later phases. I'd be waiting for those lots.

I am waiting for the price drop >:D

Newbie13 said:

gld2 said:
I am waiting for the price drop >:D

Newbie13 said:

Too much new home inventory out there. Stonegate still selling, Greenwood still selling, Orchard Hills still selling, and I noticed there is activity in Portola Springs as well as Eastwood. NO Bueno! Not sure if builders learned their lesson from the past recession  :-\

Perspective said:
hello said:
Newbie13 said:
Newbie13 said:
Perspective said:

Well, there's some credibility to the argument that Juniper has buyers lined-up for the big cul-de-sac lots available in later phases. I'd be waiting for those lots.

I havent really followed Juniper so I couldnt refute or agree to your comment...  Just out of curiosity, what evidence is there that supports buyers lining up for these lots?  Is there is "wait list" that is public? 

I don't think anyone outside from the people who work there can really show what the real interest levels are.  Supposedly 5 homes sold so far out of 14, but the sold seemingly can change at any time.
As long as the lot premiums aren't significant, I'm sure the desirable locations do indeed have high interest. Almost justifies the high MR to have cul de sac end homes with huge lots.

Guess we'll find out this weekend about those wait list for large lots...email just came out they will be releasing new cul de sac large lots this weekend.

Lot 27 ? Walnut (3,328 sqft)  $1,366,880
            Lot size: 5,100 sqft

Lot 28 ? Hickory (2,897 sqft)  $1,243,880
            Lot size 6,000 sqft

Lot 29 ? Walnut (3,328 sqft)  $1,412,880
            Lot size 7,200 sqft

Lot 30 ? Sycamore (3,150 sqft)  $1,376,880
Lot size 7,600 sqft

Tomorrow at 10, lets see how many get sold, the premium for the end cul de sac isn't unreasonable. 

Lot 40 is decent but a good chunk of the yard is in the front.  Haven't thought about BP in awhile.  To revisit:  a plan 2 sycamore, say lot 40 will be around $1.42 at closing with upgrades.  I'll get the extra flex room down so that makes my MR $9961 a year.  So MR + 1.01% tax = ~$24,000/year with a 2% increase on MR each year thereafter (~$200/year).  At year 8, if I sell the house the new owner will have a MR of $11,670. 

After closing landscaping will be what $25-30k?  Window coverings, moving expenses, stress headaches,...  All for what?  New house smell?  Show off to friends?  Walk to school till 8th grade? 

So let's focus on the Mello, BP will cost me $10,000 a year.  What better infrastructure does that give me over my current location which is only $2000 a year and potentially less if R6 expires in a few years?  Those are some expensive sidewalks and drains in BP.  Assuming Eastwood will have lower Mello you still get the walkable school though for 2 less years.

Floor plan is about the same as my current except I'll lose a living room, gain a bigger family room with 12 foot ceilings.  A bigger loft upstairs, laundry room up, bigger masters bath, a master deck.  And lose my high ceilings, though there is a little in the Sycamore plan.  But if costs are more equivalent, getting the bigger family room would win me over.  Too bad costs are not equivalent.

And let's say the builder finally drops the price to accommodate the MR.  I buy and jump in.  Won't I have to adjust my price when the time comes to sell and the Mello is even higher?

I feel these homes need to go below $400/sq ft in order to move.  But even at that price I will still hesitate.

Back