Juniper by Pulte (Beacon Park)

Lot 2 (plan 1) and Lot 7 (plan 3) are now under contract so they have 14 homes sold/under contract now.  They are having a pretty hard time selling plan 1's but it sounds like Pulte management at the moment is not considering dropping the price even more on those but who knows; the sales office is certainly hoping they do.  Plan 2's seem to be the most popular floor plan for Juniper at the moment; Lot 28 which is under contract was slated to be a plan 1 but is actually a 2 now.  So things are still moving slowly but better than when they opened. 

122 calderon, a plan 1, is listed on the MLS with the incentive pricing.

Four available Saturday:

Lot 25 ? Hickory (2,897 sqft)  $1,219,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, Flex Room, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage w/Storage
Lot Size: 5,100 sqft

Lot 26 ? Sycamore (3,150 sqft)  $1,293,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Den, Bonus Room, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage w/Storage
Lot Size: 5,100 sqft

Lot 31 ? Sycamore (3,150 sqft)  $1,383,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Den, Bonus Room, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage w/Storage
Lot Size: 8,300 sqft

Lot 33 ? Walnut (3,328 sqft)  $1,442,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Den, Loft, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage
Lot Size: 8,400 sqft

Lot 33 is huge and at the end of a cul-de-sac. I might pay that premium plus double mello roos compounding annually, were I still in the market.

I would go with lot 31, true pool size lot.  33 loses some backyard space with the wasted "front yard" which is probably mostly driveway.  Maybe it's time to revisit BP.......nahhhh :)

ps9 said:
I would go with lot 31, true pool size lot.  33 loses some backyard space with the wasted "front yard" which is probably mostly driveway.  Maybe it's time to revisit BP.......nahhhh :)

Na, 31's back yard has 29's second story with a birds eye view of all the action.  I'd go 33 instead.

regardless 31 and 33 will be under contract by Sunday. I'm amazed they are still asking for well above 1.2 for a hickory, the model 1, when they are having so much difficulty selling the hickory inventory on hand. 

looks like no one took the big lot bait, surprising since lots 29 and 30 were under contract as soon as they were released. the $ isn't significantly different and lots 33 and 31are slightly bigger too.  I guess the argument can be made that at least lot 31 isn't as premium a location as the other large lots released thus far.

It's more like hsbc no longer converts for fcb's, but they'll be loopholes, just takes longer. My guess is macau.

AW said:
It's more like hsbc no longer converts for fcb's, but they'll be loopholes, just takes longer. My guess is macau.

Although there definitely seems to be more difficulty getting money out of China, I think we may simply be underestimating the lower demand from China as well.

hello said:
AW said:

Although there definitely seems to be more difficulty getting money out of China, I think we may simply be underestimating the lower demand from China as well.
I would love to see it translate to lower prices,... and soon...  so i can buy one... ha

AW said:
hello said:
AW said:

I would love to see it translate to lower prices,... and soon...  so i can buy one... ha

It always takes more time for prices to drop than to rise... however it doesnt seem like there is any danger in prices rises significantly.  Therefore as a buyer I think you do not have much to lose by waiting a bit longer.  Thats just my opinion...

Giving the fact that Silvermist has dropped their price by $100K, Juniper is now over priced and less attractive.

Lots 29-33 are under contract and four more are being released - big lots in a cul-de-sac. Is the double mello roos compounding annually at 2% so bad with these lot sizes?

4 New Homesites for Sale

Lot 34 ? Walnut (3,328 sqft)  $1,439,880
Lot Size: 9,800 sqft

Lot 35 ? Sycamore (3,150 sqft)  $1,406,880
Lot Size: 9,500 sqft

Lot 36 ? Sycamore (3,150 sqft)  $1,369,880
Lot Size: 6,700 sqft

Lot 37 ? Walnut (3,328 sqft)  $1,424,880
Lot Size: 8,000 sqft

Oh wow.  Those are humongous lots.  Major costs to do some hard core landscaping. 
Does MR go by lot size or indoor sqft or combination of the two at Beacon.  More MR for these lots?

MR based on sq ft of indoor structure, not the overall lot size.  That's why when you exercise the flex space option on the BP plans, it conveniently bumps you up to the next tier in MR.

Saving up for lot 38, no Chinese will ever buy that number, even worse than 4.

Pulte's sales strategy is pretty good in this market.  Sell all the large lots, get it to where it looks like Juniper is selling out and make those standard lots look more attractive and/or hope that market picks up when all that is left are standard lots?

Did Pulte seriously raise prices? It looks like the sycamore model 2 was substantially increased.  Anyone have the latest lots available and price sheets?

Back