Juniper by Pulte (Beacon Park)

For builders, after a certain point when there are no buyers, they start to add add-ons and pick flooring and kitchen countertops, etc, hence a bump in price... 

AW said:
For builders, after a certain point when there are no buyers, they start to add add-ons and pick flooring and kitchen countertops, etc, hence a bump in price...

sure but pulte's larger released lots are all spoken for it would seem? and I believe they are selling better than the other builders in their category...it looks like (from the website) that they priced the model 2 and 3 pretty close in price now (whereas before there was a "60k" ish difference) and created a larger price gap between model 1 and 2. 

Are Juniper's seriously selling faster than the other 3,000+ sqft homes in BP?  Do any of the other homes (i.e. Torrey, Larkspur, Rosemont, etc.) compare well with Juniper?

I believe so but "better" in relative terms, I think (but am not certain as I haven't talked to a sales rep in a few weeks) that Pulte now leads the houses under contract contest with its counterparts although by a small margin. 

Their site is usually pretty good with showing what was 'sold', not sure about the other 3k sq ft houses.  Oakmont not faring as well, that uni shutter.,,

AW said:
Their site is usually pretty good with showing what was 'sold', not sure about the other 3k sq ft houses.  Oakmont not faring as well, that uni shutter.,,

For some reason, they took out the site map link...

Found out Juniper's Plan 1 is comparable to Cressa Plan 3,  Strada Plan 3 and Capalla's plan 1.  But Junipe's plan 1 is $100K more than Strada and Capalla,  $200K more than Cressa

gld2 said:
Found out Juniper's Plan 1 is comparable to Cressa Plan 3,  Strada Plan 3 and Capalla's plan 1.  But Junipe's plan 1 is $100K more than Strada and Capalla,  $200K more than Cressa

Juniper's Plan 1's $100K premium over a Strada Plan 3 gets you a bigger house, and very likely a much bigger backyard. That $100K price difference sounds justifiable (if the hills aren't a big deal to you), but don't forget to factor in the difference in property taxes.

Due to the mello roos being double, your Juniper house could cost $400+ more monthly in property taxes - $1,450 at Strada on a $1.25M house and $1,875 at Juniper on a $1.25M house. That's the equivalent of financing ~$90K more at 3.5% for thirty years, and it can compound annually at 2%!

Granted, if you're not in the AMT, property taxes might be deductible. However, the Pease Phase-down reintroduced in 2013 minimizes all of your Itemized Deductions at higher income levels.

Not only the price of Juniper is much higher than others, but also the cost of Mello Roo is doubled.  In addition,  the soil is contaminated,  and it is flat, no hills.  furthermore,  a cemetery might be built nearby....

All in all,  Juniper is way overpriced.

Perspective said:
gld2 said:

Juniper's Plan 1's $100K premium over a Strada Plan 3 gets you a bigger house, and very likely a much bigger backyard. That $100K price difference sounds justifiable (if the hills aren't a big deal to you), but don't forget to factor in the difference in property taxes.

Due to the mello roos being double, your Juniper house could cost nearly $600 more monthly in property taxes - $1,500 at Strada on a $1.25M house and $2,100 at Juniper on a $1.25M house. That's the equivalent of financing ~$135K more at 3.5% for thirty years, and it can compound annually at 2%!

Granted, if you're not in the AMT, property taxes might be deductible. However, the Pease Phase-down reintroduced in 2013 minimizes all of your Itemized Deductions at higher income levels.

The interactive site map (compared to the manually inputted site map that was there for months) is finally back on the Pulte website.

Attachments

• junipersitemap.jpg
    junipersitemap.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 246
gld2 said:
Not only the price of Juniper is much higher than others, but also the cost of Mello Roo is doubled.  In addition,  the soil is contaminated,  and it is flat, no hills.  furthermore,  a cemetery might be built nearby....

Perspective said:
gld2 said:

Sorry I'm really not trying to be a jerk but it seems like more than half the users on TI complain all day about how everpriced everything in Irvine is because they desperately want to buy (or buy bigger) in Irvine but can't afford it.  Instead of just owning up to that, they come on TI to bash all the properties.

GLD2, if pristine soil, hills and a lack of a nearby cemetery are what you consider top priorities when house hunting , then you shouldn't be considering Beacon Park at all. By your own reasoning, $1 would be overpriced for a Juniper house for you because no matter what it could never satisfy your needs.

"Overpriced" seems like a silly word to continually throw around; it is all about supply and demand as well as perspective.  My friends from Northern California only dream housing could be so affordable.   

Are you representing Juniper Sales staff?  if you are,  please disclose. 

Please don't compare the Northern CA to Irvine.  You know the reason.

Also I just talk about facts about the Juniper and others, but you started personal attack to try to protest how good Juniper is and how fair the prices are.  Did anyone taught you to be rude?  You stated that you didn't want to be a jerk. But you are!

Newbie13 said:
gld2 said:

Perspective said:
gld2 said:

Sorry I'm really not trying to be a jerk but it seems like more than half the users on TI complain all day about how everpriced everything in Irvine is because they desperately want to buy (or buy bigger) in Irvine but can't afford it.  Instead of just owning up to that, they come on TI to bash all the properties.

GLD2, if pristine soil, hills and a lack of a nearby cemetery are what you consider top priorities when house hunting , then you shouldn't be considering Beacon Park at all. By your own reasoning, $1 would be overpriced for a Juniper house for you because no matter what it could never satisfy your needs.

"Overpriced" seems like a silly word to continually throw around; it is all about supply and demand as well as perspective.  My friends from Northern California only dream housing could be so affordable. 

I think it's fair to describe Juniper as over-priced considering the comparable new home prices and mello roos terms in other neighborhoods, in addition to Juniper's own price reductions since its grand opening.

No I am not representing Juniper Sales Staff. 

I could have brought up Quail Hill/Laguna Altura/Turtle Rock too as comparisons.  Those communities per square footage are the priciest (aside from Shady Canyon) in Irvine.  Someone who subjectively does not feel that those locations are better, who does not value being away from the denser pockets of Irvine, who does not value a hilly landscape could easily come to the "conclusions" that those communities are "overpriced".  I just go back to supply and demand.  Anything can only be overpriced in absolute terms if no one is buying.   

I was not trying to personally attack you. I would also like to point out I never said talked about "how good Juniper is and how fair the price is."

gld2 said:
Are you representing Juniper Sales staff?  if you are,  please disclose. 

Please don't compare the Northern CA to Irvine.  You know the reason.

Also I just talk about facts about the Juniper and others, but you started personal attack to try to protest how good Juniper is and how fair the prices are.  Did anyone taught you to be rude?  You stated that you didn't want to be a jerk. But you are!

Newbie13 said:
gld2 said:

Perspective said:
gld2 said:

4 Large Lot Homesites for Sale:

Lot 40 ? Walnut (3,328 sqft)  $1,394,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Den, Loft, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage
Lot Size: 6,520 sqft

Lot 41 ? Sycamore (3,150 sqft)  $1,356,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Den, Bonus Room, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage w/Storage
Lot Size: 9,190 sqft

Lot 42 ? Walnut (3,328 sqft)  $1,399,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Den, Loft, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage
Lot Size: 6,560 sqft

Lot 43 ? Hickory (2,897 sqft)  $1,239,880
Two-Story, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, Den, Bonus Room, Covered Patio, 2-Car Garage w/Storage
Lot Size: 5,430 sqft

While Lot 41 at 9000sft+ seems like a good buy, that one is on the corner of Cadence, one of the entry streets to BP.

It's also one of the closest to the cemetery. :)

#polterdiscount

AFCD3E54-2C4F-4EBD-80DB-3414C1606C25_zpslkpicnnt.png

Sent to me by another Pulte agent, wonder what happened to my guy?  I haven't been up to date with this project, believe these are the smaller lot homes, south facing?

ps9 said:
Sent to me by another Pulte agent, wonder what happened to my guy?  I haven't been up to date with this project, believe these are the smaller lot homes, south facing?
if you're referring to the Asian brother from another mother, he's moved on to selling at BR

"Below are the 1 time discounts for this weekend. These prices will not extended."

LOL.  This sound like something coming from a car dealership. 

Back