ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Affordable EV was always the bait...now the switch to $100,000.00 non truck trucks that won't sell...way to destroy a business and economy.... Well played.🤦🏽‍♂️🙄😆

Uptake seems to be waning…(not DM)

I'm ready to trade in my electric car. Here's why

I loathe that I can't travel around California, a state has led the electric car revolution, with confidence that I can get a charge when I need one.

Yes, there are significantly more public charging stations than when I first got behind the wheel of my Kia Niro EV in January 2020. But there are also significantly more electric vehicles vying to use them — and still vast areas of the state without a single fast charger. Chargers are more reliable now, but still not quite good enough. In 2020, it felt like half the public chargers I tried to use weren't working. These days, l find only about a quarter are out. This jibes with the experience of researchers who checked public fast chargers at 181 charging stations in the Bay Area last year and found that about 23% weren't functional.

It’s not uncommon to locate a charging station and discover that all the chargers are in use or blocked by cars not charging. Or, most frustratingly, the chargers may be offline or nonfunctional — which you may not discover until you park, plug in and try to start the charger. And even if the stars align and you find an available charger that works, it may shut off mid-charge with no warning or reason.

When I chose an electrical vehicle, I knew that meant an extra 30 minutes in travel time for each charging stop during a road trip. But I did not count on the time wasted by having to, for example, backtrack to another station or one out of my way because the charging station on my route was not working.

I did not count on having to wait 60 minutes to charge because the fast charger is not charging very fast today. Or having to spend the wait time baking in the sun because the charging station on the side of a hot freeway has no shade. Honestly, who thought that was a good idea? I didn't count on having to download a half-dozen apps because each charger company has its own.

I could fill up a book recounting the many frustrating and absurd experiences I have had charging my car over the last three years and three months — and I haven't even hit 23,000 miles on the car yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/oth...rade-in-my-electric-car-heres-why/ar-AA1adENF

They should have bought a Tesla :ROFLMAO:
Seriously - what kind of moron buys a non-Tesla EV for long distance travel? Would USC take his Taycan beyond the battery range or use an ICE car for that kind of trip?

The non-Tesla network will never catch up.

Seriously - what kind of moron buys a non-Tesla EV for long distance travel? Would USC take his Taycan beyond the battery range or use an ICE car for that kind of trip? The non-Tesla network will never catch up.

then all the other car companies are doomed🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

then all the other car companies are doomed🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆😆
Totally - the EV push will drive them all into BK. Tesla's lead on every facet of building a software controlled vehicle is insurmountable, from software to materials science and supply chain to scale of charging network.

Totally - the EV push will drive them all into BK. Tesla's lead on every facet of building a software controlled vehicle is insurmountable, from software to materials science and supply chain to scale of charging network.
This is the 4th time you're wrong.

You're funny - you bought a condo just because your wife demands new construction, but please educate me on the fallacies of my Tesla thesis.
Because Tesla's lead is NOT insurmountable. What I meant, though, is that you're wrong about EV push will drive other manufacturers into bankruptcy.

Because Tesla's lead is NOT insurmountable. What I meant, though, is that you're wrong about EV push will drive other manufacturers into bankruptcy.
Look at their recent earnings - even with massive discounting Tesla still turned 11% op margin, with Ford and GM at 4 & 6% I believe.

The bigger issue is company leadership - the ability to define vision, set the pace and execute. How will the legacy companies overcome Elon's ability to do all 3 ?

Yet GM/Ford and many other companies are slowly churning more EVs out:

MBZ: EQB SUV, EQE Sedan and SUV, EQS Sedan and SUV
Volvo: C40, XC40, EX90 (and all their PHEVs)
BMW: i4, iX, i7

And many more.

Unicorn Winter is coming...

And Kia and Honda upping production:

With nearly one in five cars sold this year expected to be electric this year, as the auto industry continues trending toward 100% EV, legacy automakers that previously lagged are beginning to act urgently.

Even Toyota, arguably the most prominent critic against going all-in on EVs, admitted it would need to pick up the pace to remain competitive in China, the leading market globally.
[/quote[

Unicorn gonna unicorn!

Dumb Californians…doomed…

Californian Learns Brutal Lesson About EVs After Stranded Truck Is Hauled Away in Wyoming

“A brand new $90,000 electric pickup from the rest area on South Pass to Rocksprings…
“He had charged in Riverton enough to go 120 miles, but ran out of kilovolts halfway over the mountain (about 60 miles) so you might want to make sure your tank is full of electrons before tackling any mountain passes.”

Media outlets have reported on several recent instances in which EV owners have found themselves dealing with longer charging times, greatly reduced acceleration and even inability to run the heater in frigid temperatures.

Others have encountered logistical nightmares just trying to locate chargers when driving long distances.

https://www.westernjournal.com/cali...vs-stranded-truck-hauled-away-wyoming-report/

So funny how morekaos likes to use one-offs to prove a useless point.

As if no one got stranded in a gas vehicle.

If you're driving long distances... don't use an EV... it's that simple.

Like when LL makes a housing price prediction... when morekaos makes a stock prediction... buy buy buy!

iu

To be fair... the Rivian R1T truck is nice... but no rear bumper is so weird. How can you have a truck without a bumper to step on? I get that you use the gear tunnel doors for that but still... a truck should have a bumper.

Back