ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
"Fuel Economy / Cost — I used government EPA figures for fuel economy, plus the IEA projected 2022 US average prices for electricity and gas at 14.9 cents/kWh for electricity and $3.97/gallon for gasoline."

Lul, not gonna get those prices in CA.

"Purchase Price — Purchase price varies by location and local incentives. For this analysis, I’m going to use Edmunds as the source for pricing and California as the location. I’ll also include the federal tax incentive for eligible BEVs at $7,500 — recognizing that some people will be able to buy for less and some will pay more."

Curious how the equation changes for unsubsidized BEV.

Neat headline, but if you look at the results
1) Chevy Bolts are lame, there's like 5 on the road in OC compared to an absurd number of Telsas
2) BMW 3 series is a terrible comparison, it's not an economy car, we're comparing economics, so throw that out
3) The unsubsidized cost of the Toyota Prius and Corolla are on par or slightly cheaper than the subsidized cost of the M3 LR.
4) The idea that an ICE car will only last 10 years but an BEV will last 15 is speculative and unfounded since the BEV lifespan data doesn't exist. We know that a well maintained ICE car will last decades. The part that assumes a BEV will last 50% longer is absurd.
5) He forgot to mention how shitty BEVs are in cold and hot weather.
6) These pro EV "analyses" always seem to leave out the fact that EVs are always draining power. Depending on the settings, it's a few kWh per day. Call it 1 to 2 MWh or a few hundred dollars per year. Always conveniently ignored in articles like these.

So basically the opposite of the headline is true without a $7,500 tax credit and the headline is still a flat out lie with the $7,500 tax credit

These activist propagandist writers should be ashamed of themselves for the lies they write.

Last edited:
What’s good for morekaos…

I don’t see you refuting his number of Bolts in 2022 sold claim.

And Bolts are actually pretty good for the price, until the Model 2 comes out.

What's there to refute on the Bolts sold in 2022? They're barely more than 1/10 of Tesla Model 3/Y. My point is when the moron who wrote the article makes blanket claims about all EVs against all ICE he shouldn't pick an EV with such low sales because it's a poor representation of the population of EVs he's trying to make a claim about. I mean, the fact that he picked 5 cars to represent all EVs and ICEs.... Ugh. Does he also want someone else to pay for his degree in philosophy?

4,866 Chevy Bolts sold in Q4 2022
388,131 Tesla Model 3/Y sold in Q4 2022

How is everyone's Lithium Ion phone batteries doing BTW? Who expects those to last 15 years *AND* then get paid for their salvage value?

Such outlandish claims in that article. Propaganda.

Doomed!!! You cannot fight economics and markets….

Biden's Electric Car Target Has a Problem—Many Americans Don't Want Them​

• About four in 10 adults would not buy an electric car, according to a Gallup poll that points to a generational and political divide in adoption.
  • The Biden administration has proposed new policies to increase the uptake of electric vehicles (EVs), which some Republicans argue will make vehicles more expensive and the U.S. less energy secure.
  • However, experts told Newsweek practical issues such as affordability, charging and production must be tackled in order for EV uptake to become more widespread.

• About four in 10 adults would not buy an electric car, according to a Gallup poll that points to a generational and political divide in adoption.
  • The Biden administration has proposed new policies to increase the uptake of electric vehicles (EVs), which some Republicans argue will make vehicles more expensive and the U.S. less energy secure.
  • However, experts told Newsweek practical issues such as affordability, charging and production must be tackled in order for EV uptake to become more widespread.
4 in 10 adults are afraid to fly.

The route 91 Harvest music festival in Las Vegas where the shooter killed 50+ people from Mandalay Bay.

A trucker friend of mine went to that festival and survived with no physical injury. However, I was talking to him about it this week, and he said he believe it was the Democrats that funded the shooter. He also said there were helicopters firing on the people below.

His body may not have been shot, but his brain sure got damaged.

The route 91 Harvest music festival in Las Vegas where the shooter killed 50+ people from Mandalay Bay.

A trucker friend of mine went to that festival and survived with no physical injury. However, I was talking to him about it this week, and he said he believe it was the Democrats that funded the shooter. He also said there were helicopters firing on the people below.

His body may not have been shot, but his brain sure got damaged.
I know I know…get past the initial part of this docu and listen to all the actual video and news reporting in this….something is fishy with that incident…

https://rumble.com/v266as0-conspiracy-truths-the-route-91-documentary.html

Ford is doomed, nice $120,000.00 inextinguishable bonfire….

Ford F-150 Lightning fire footage highlights a growing EV risk

· New video footage of a fire that started in a Ford F-150 Lightning earlier this year highlights an emerging concern regarding the adoption of electric vehicles.

· The previously unreleased footage, obtained by CNBC, shows smoke billowing from three tightly packed electric pickups. Moments later, flames shoot several feet above the vehicles, which were unoccupied.

· Fires involving EV batteries can burn hotter and longer and require new techniques to extinguish, posing a growing challenge to first responders.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/20/f-1...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

This is not a EV problem, but a Ford build quality problem. They've had numerous fire recalls on their ICE vehicles.

Lol

4 in 10 would not buy, which means more people still would buy = winning?

"the survey, conducted between March 1-23, found that a majority of 55 percent either currently own or were considering owning an electric vehicle (EV). Those against buying an EV tended to be older, and 71 percent of those who identified as Republican voiced their opposition compared with just 17 percent of Democrats"

So this sounds more like a morekaos problem, which is obvious with all these fear posts

Money is my scoreboard, every single one of these companies has tanked. There won’t be any recovery from bad corporate decisions.🤷🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

Overall auto sales are down, but EV sales are up... so much that states are pausing incentives because they are getting used up:

Demand for fully electric vehicles is only predicted to continue climbing from here. Analysts are forecasting EV sales will surpass 1 million for the first time in 2023.

With 250,000 electric vehicle sales in Q1, the US is well on its way toward 1 million EV sales this year.

We’ve been saying for a long time that EV adoption will happen quicker than most have predicted. Demand is already taking several states by surprise, causing them to pause incentive programs.

Stick in the mud gonna keep sticking.

Making money on peoples naïveté, idealism and foolishness. Shorting, unicorns and rainbows is profitable. Keep on keeping on!😆😆😆

Yet you let morekaos slide with claiming GM only sold 358 Bolts in 2022?

Are you morekaos' burner account? :)
Now Bolt sales will be 0…another EV victim…🤦🏽‍♂️🙄😆😆

GM to end production of electric Chevy Bolt, its first mass-market EV, later this year​

• General Motors plans to end production of its electric Chevrolet Bolt models by the end of this year, CEO Mary Barra told investors Tuesday.
  • The Chevy Bolt EV and EUV, a larger version of the car, make up the vast majority of the company’s electric vehicle sales to date.

Now Bolt sales will be 0…another EV victim…🤦🏽‍♂️🙄😆😆

GM to end production of electric Chevy Bolt, its first mass-market EV, later this year​

• General Motors plans to end production of its electric Chevrolet Bolt models by the end of this year, CEO Mary Barra told investors Tuesday.
  • The Chevy Bolt EV and EUV, a larger version of the car, make up the vast majority of the company’s electric vehicle sales to date.
Barra said a suburban Detroit plant that has produced Bolt models since 2016 will be retooled in preparation for production of electric trucks scheduled for next year.

…it will be another EV disaster….

GM’s other battery-electric models, the GMC Hummer EV and Cadillac Lyriq, are still slowly ramping up production. And next year, the Chevy Silverado EV and Chevy Blazer EV will join the lineup.

More broadly, EV prices are going up amid changing market conditions and rising commodity costs, specifically for key materials needed for EV batteries. Battery prices have been declining for years, but some experts are predicting that a sharp increase in battery minerals over the next few years could lead to a rise in cell costs by as much as 20 percent.

Back