ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Unicorn/Anchor…weighs heavy….
  • Ford on Tuesday reported a roughly 10% increase in its quarterly U.S. sales, led by jumps in its critical F-Series pickups and Bronco SUVs.
  • The Detroit automaker sold 475,906 vehicles during the first three months of the year, up 10.1% compared with subdued levels a year earlier due to supply chain problems.
Sales of Ford’s trucks rose by nearly 20%, while car sales were up by 5.1% and SUVs increased by less than 1%. Sales of Ford’s EVs increased by 41%. However, they only amounted to less than 10,900 vehicles, or about 2.3% of its quarterly sales.

41% increase higher than all other Ford vehicles combined... how is that heavy?

Only going up from there.... but GM grew more... passing Ford in EV sales:

According to Ford’s press release, the American automaker sold a total of 10,866 electric vehicles in the first quarter of 2023, up 41% year over year (YOY).
[...]
However, the growth was not enough to fend off GMs surging EV sales this year. GM said on Monday it had sold over 20,000 EVs for the first time in a quarter, nearly double that of Ford’s in the first three months of 2023.

EVs gonna EVs!

If you increase sales from 1 to 2 units you have increased sales 100%!! Good job but not pulling the weight. ICE sales drive profit. EV sales drag the losses. Basic economics, not continual denial of reality.

20,000 EV in sales is a fraction of GM’s over 600,000 total sales, representing just over 3%, while many automakers are achieving double-digit and even 100% EV sales.

This is the point. Thanks again.

GM will improve as will everyone. Telephone, television, internet, smart phones all did not happen overnight.
See above…spinning wheels…it’s a sham…
If you increase sales from 1 to 2 units you have increased sales 100%!!”

The legacy EVs will have to support dual mfg infrastructures and the volume on the EV and battery side will take YEARS to materialize - very similar to the capex dilemma facing Intel as they need mobile type volumes to make foundry work while they milk x86. I am betting both the legacy US automakers and Intel will require federal bailouts to avoid BK.

Doomed!!..

Last year the company (GM) sold only 358 Bolts because available batteries had to be diverted to a recall of 142,000 older Bolts due to battery fires.

Also, Ford was forced to stop making the F-150 Lightning electric pickup in February after a battery caught fire during a pre-delivery quality check. The problem was fixed and production resumed March 13.

Doomed!!..

Last year the company (GM) sold only 358 Bolts because available batteries had to be diverted to a recall of 142,000 older Bolts due to battery fires.

Also, Ford was forced to stop making the F-150 Lightning electric pickup in February after a battery caught fire during a pre-delivery quality check. The problem was fixed and production resumed March 13.
You need to fact check... I think they sold more Bolts than that.

And the F-150 Lightning only affected 18 units if I remember correctly.

There are way more recalls with ICE vehicles... so you're throwing up nothing burgers... which is ironic for the guy who started the snowflakes thread.

The insta-torque is great when needed to pass cars or merge onto the freeway, I'm not racing cars from a stop light. haha

I actually have an order for Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (the wagon) as I love the way it looks too and has more usable trunk space. I won't have that car until August/September. So nice not to have to fill up the Macan anymore. I've put 750 miles on the car in the past 2 weeks so I've saved almost $200 in gas.

I have the shittiest BMW i4 and I've never really wanted for more speed to pass cars or merge onto the freeway, haha.

You don't really check for facts... you just post the first thing you read Enquirer-style.

I'll be like you... this is the first thing that came up for me when I searched for Bolt sales in 2022:

View attachment 8975

That's just the US.
…. and do you really want to use those numbers? Don’t you think it’s odd that they’re exactly the same for several months in a row? I wouldn’t use statistical numbers like this to prove anything. It’s not a statistical anomaly, they even admit they’re just estimates. The numbers I quoted came directly from GM. They are admitting the screwup. I’ll trust them and in this instance, AP.

Don’t you think it’s odd that they’re exactly the same for several months in a row?
See... you really don't read. The article explains this:

*** This manufacturer is now publishing only quarterly numbers for this market. Monthly figures may be averages.​

If you re-read the article you were quoting... I believe you thought they were talking about the entirety of 2022 but they were probably referring just the first quarter last year compared to the first quarter this year. which jives with the above numbers because GM halted sales of the Bolt EV during Q1/Q2 of 2022 to deal with the battery issue.

Regardless, GM sold more than 358 Bolts in 2022 but you refuse to believe it... just like you refuse to see the move to EVs.

Stick in the mud gonna stick in the mud.

inaccurate numbers are going to be in inaccurate. Garbage in garbage out. Ifs and buts are sugar and nuts, 😆😆😆

“Monthly figures may be averages.”​

Which means these are guesses…don’t believe them.

Where I am right is easily shown in dollars and cents. The market is the arbiter of truth. Financial losses and stock price disasters prove me out in the clearest way…in the pocketbook. Money where your mouth is….Winning!!👍🏽😆😆😆

Hard to trust someone who would believe GM would only sell 358 cars in a year.

70vm55.jpg

Oh no, General Motors sold almost 6,000,000 vehicles in 2022. But they only sold 358 electric toys. 😆😆😆

Back