Great Park: William Lyon - Whistler

I think they adjusted up their prices of inventory in Phase 4A and 4B as I guess they are getting more sales/deposits.  I bought in one of the earlier phases and generally saw thru Phase 3 your typical increases of $10-20K.  But not sure what the strategy is here other than other tracts starting to wind down such as Rosemist and the lot sizes on the current Whistler Lots are comparable or larger to their competitors i.e. Sagewood but at a lower price point.  Maybe they feel  they can close some of the pricing gap that has existed. 

When I was at their office couple of weeks ago, they had mentioned that they are selling 4A and 4B will be released in couple of weeks.  When I looked at their sold map, there were already 2 sold in 4B.  So my guess is that they are already selling 4B although unofficially. So some one shows interest in a house in 4B, they will let him take that house. They do seem to have somewhat unconventional pricing.  They had lowered their prices initially when they were not selling well, which most of the builders try to avoid.

Logik said:
Whistler increased their Phase 4 prices today.

This is 3rd price increase in three weeks. My experience with William Lyon has been VERY bad. Their corporate culture is: Greed, Poor Customer Service.... I was terrified by their pre-sales experience. Good luck with the warranty. They don't give damn to the customer. I have read bad warranty support experience on other forums as well. Comparing Shea with William Lyons is like comparing S-550 with Civic. BE CAREFUL...

realtyrocks said:
Logik said:

This is 3rd price increase in three weeks. My experience with William Lyon has been VERY bad. Their corporate culture is: Greed, Poor Customer Service.... I was terrified by their pre-sales experience. Good luck with the warranty. They don't give damn to the customer. I have read bad warranty support experience on other forums as well. Comparing Shea with William Lyons is like comparing S-550 with Civic. BE CAREFUL...

We bought in phase one.  When we moved in initially, lot of things needed to be fixed.  However, I have to say that they have been really good and timely in fixing every problem we had so far.

mms2020 said:
realtyrocks said:
Logik said:

We bought in phase one.  When we moved in initially, lot of things needed to be fixed.  However, I have to say that they have been really good and timely in fixing every problem we had so far.
If you can, can you share what had to be fixed?

PS. Just don't overshare... someone might use that against you. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
mms2020 said:
realtyrocks said:
Logik said:

If you can, can you share what had to be fixed?

PS. Just don't overshare... someone might use that against you. :)

Major problem was with the rollout shelves in kitchen. The hardware used was light duty and shelves would fall down as soon as you put any heavy objects in them.  Initially they said they will replaced them individually as they brake but we pushed them into replacing all of them which they did.  Other problems included:
-Utility room was too small for our washer & dryer as we could not close the door after washer/dryer were installed
-A cracked window's glass
-Warped sliding door.
-We kept loosing power in the bonus room. They kept saying that you are putting too much load (even though we had only 2 computers and couple of printer in that room).  They came couple of times and did not find any problem.  We kept having issues and finally they replaced the circuit breaker which fixed all the issues.
There were a few other minor issues which I don't even remember now.

mms2020 said:
-Utility room was too small for our washer & dryer as we could not close the door after washer/dryer were installed
How did they fix that one?

I don't think they could enlarge the utility room.

I had a horrible expeirence about the pre-sale with them too.  First I thought it is like the other builders, based on the priority of your pre-qual,  then all the bigger lots are taken, although we are pre-qual much more earlier.  >:D

Logik said:
mms2020,

Did you hire a home inspector to walk your home prior to closing?  Thanks.

We had steve do a pre-dry wall inspection.  There were few minor things picked up on that but there was not any thing major.  We were going to do pre-closing inspection but steve's schedule was fully booked.  So we ended up not doing it.

irvinehomeowner said:
mms2020 said:
How did they fix that one?

I don't think they could enlarge the utility room.

We just needed about 1" of extra space.  Not sure eactly what they as I was not home. All  I know is that they did some thing to the dry wall on the back of the dryer.

Stopped by sales office today, they increased Plan 3 pricing to starting at $1,134,990.  This could be because they sold the lower priced Plan 3 already, not sure.

aquabliss said:
Stopped by sales office today, they increased Plan 3 pricing to starting at $1,134,990.  This could be because they sold the lower priced Plan 3 already, not sure.
Sounds like you have some nice built in equity. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
Sounds like you have some nice built in equity. 

Not complaining ;)

Just saw the email that they are releasing their final phase.  I guess that despite all the price hikes, they must be selling well!.

Back