Great Park: William Lyon - Whistler

Logik said:
Aquabliss,

Is this Phase 4B or Phase 5?  I didn't think they were releasing Phase 4B for 2-3 more weeks.  I wonder what accounts for the $55K difference in the Plan 3 price range.  In the past I don't recall any lot premiums larger than $20-30K. 

This is actually still for Phase 4A, looks like only about a third of Phase 4A is sold but sales told me they had a couple more deposits today.

I think the highest plan 3 is a pretty big odd shaped lot which accounts for the higher than normal premium.

bones said:
aquabliss said:
Stopped by today again and prices are increased once more.  These guys are getting too greedy.  At this point, I guess they're hoping for some of the run off from Sagewood or Rosemist...

Not that I mind of course :)

I feel like PP has gotten busier (i.e. things are selling faster) since they announced OH general pricing.  Esp in this price range $950k-$1.2M.
But why?

It's not like they will take into account lot size when there is no shade in the park. :)

notTHEoc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
aquabliss said:
Stopped by today again and prices are increased once more.  These guys are getting too greedy.  At this point, I guess they're hoping for some of the run off from Sagewood or Rosemist...

Not that I mind of course :)

I feel like PP has gotten busier (i.e. things are selling faster) since they announced OH general pricing.  Esp in this price range $950k-$1.2M.
But why?

It's not like they will take into account lot size when there is no shade in the park. :)
The $1110k plan 3 has a flat ~8000 sq ft lot and is spoken for. Salesperson proactively said all the larger lots were going quickest. If a couple builders just pitched in for a shade structure for the playground, bet these go up another $20-30k over night.

Edit for typo

Guessing this is for lot 51?  Can't wait to see what they'll charge for lot 62 in phase 4B... must be over 8k sq ft.

Any guesses on where the final prices for Plan 1, 2, 3 end up at given the increases thus far?  The other developments like Sagewood and Rosemist have been raising prices pretty aggresively and have less inventory left to compete with at this point.  Orchard Hills not yet open but I suspect will price higher than PP for same square footage.  Not sure where Laurel will price per sq.ft. 

Logik said:
Any guesses on where the final prices for Plan 1, 2, 3 end up at given the increases thus far?  The other developments like Sagewood and Rosemist have been raising prices pretty aggresively and have less inventory left to compete with at this point.  Orchard Hills not yet open but I suspect will price higher than PP for same square footage.  Not sure where Laurel will price per sq.ft. 

I can guess but it's nothing more than a guess.  They still have 4B to release, then I bet they will split phase 5 into 5A and 5B, then models. 

5B final phase my guess is:
Plan 1: Starting $960k
Plan 2: Starting $990k
Plan 3: Starting $1.1m

Still not bad pricing if Plan 3 holds under $1.2m for 5 bedroom + loft almost 3k sq ft.

Yes, on a price per sq. ft. basis it is competitive with other tracts in PP, i.e. Sagewood/Rosemist and other developments in Cypress Village, Stonegate, etc...Of course that is assuming you don't have a particular location that interests you more than another.  We bought a Plan 3 in Whistler for exactly the reason you listed which is 5bd + Bonus room and almost 3000 square feet.  Would have liked an additional bathroom and a bigger yard but had to make compromises somewhere as we didn't have a suitcase full of cash.

Just received this email from Whistler about their largest homesites.  I think these are the ones way in the back. 

Attachments

• New Phase Offers Whistler Largest Homesites.jpg
    New Phase Offers Whistler Largest Homesites.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 212
Yep right along the top right of the sitemap.  However these are also closer to the toll road.

It's funny they're advertising the extra large garages.  It is nice though to have a garage over 24 ft deep, even if it is only a 2 car garage.

The best way to get a great deal on one of these new construction homes, is to keep checking back with the builder for an earlier phase property falls out of escrow. They will sell you the home at the earlier phase price and if you can close right away, you usually can negotiate a better deal. I got one of my clients on a quick move in, 15k off the purchase price. You just have to be ready to buy.

I was at Whistler today and found out that they will be raising prices again tomorrow.  In addition, lot premiums will be as high as $65K on some of the big lots.  They have a Plan 1 in both Phase 2 and Phase 3 available and the rest is their inventory from Phase 4.  The next Phase is 5 and then Phase 6 + Models.  I can only assume they are raising prices in anticipation of other builders in Pavilion Park selling out their tracts.  I think even the sales agents were surprised at the direction from corporate to raise prices.  They anticipate selling out by end of this year but that is subject to many variables I think.  Interest rates stay attractive, their prices remain competitive with other builders, how new product like Laurel and Orchard Hills fares with Pavilion Park.  It will be interesting how this plays out. 

Ya in their phase 5, all the lots along the right side are big lots with no house behind (backs to Portola Springs pool / park area).  The lot premiums on these in Phase 1 was about $30k-$35k but by the time they build and release the rest of these for Phase 5, the lot premiums will probably be $50k-$60k.

At some point they can't just raise prices every 3 days and keep selling homes, but I guess they feel they haven't hit that threshold yet.  Talked to them last weekend and they said they sold 3 in Phase 4 on Sunday.

It depends on if their prices are still under what the rest of Irvine is showing.

Logik said:
I was at Whistler today and found out that they will be raising prices again tomorrow.  In addition, lot premiums will be as high as $65K on some of the big lots.  They have a Plan 1 in both Phase 2 and Phase 3 available and the rest is their inventory from Phase 4.  The next Phase is 5 and then Phase 6 + Models.  I can only assume they are raising prices in anticipation of other builders in Pavilion Park selling out their tracts.  I think even the sales agents were surprised at the direction from corporate to raise prices.  They anticipate selling out by end of this year but that is subject to many variables I think.  Interest rates stay attractive, their prices remain competitive with other builders, how new product like Laurel and Orchard Hills fares with Pavilion Park.  It will be interesting how this plays out.

At the pace they are selling at this time, they will most likely be sold out in next few months (unless they raise the price too much)!

Honestly the Plan 3 with 5 bedrooms + huge loft at 2,900 sq ft and $1.1M is still quite competitive.

The highest price I saw was the one for $1,110,000 with the 8500 sq.ft. lot for a Plan 3 which comes out to $383/sq.ft.  That one sold immediately.  I think there is a group of buyers who really want the big lots for swimming pools or to extend their living space. 

Whistler increased their Phase 4 prices today.

Attachments

• Whistler Phase 4 Price Update 4.5.2014.jpg
    Whistler Phase 4 Price Update 4.5.2014.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 227
Back