Great Park: William Lyon - Whistler

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
Approximately $30-40k to build out that loft/bonus room in the Plan 3. 

that is a damn ripoff.

Is it?  Adds about 300 additional square feet to the house.  At $40k, that works out to $133 psf.  If I was buying this plan, I would get the addition.

i would get it too. im just saying cost wise it is a rip off. no way it cost more than 8-10K to build that.

I stopped by Pavilion Park yesterday and seemed like alot more activity.  In speaking to the sales agent at Whistler looks like moving forward Lyon is not going to make the bonus room in Plan 3 an option.  Its going to be standard which at least makes the 2nd floor better and diffrentiates it better from Plan 2.  I agree without the bonus room the 2nd floor feels lacking like a hallway as another poster described earlier.  The price on the Plan 3 with bonus room is running approximately $950K (2896 sq.ft.).  The lot sizes appear to be in the 4500-5700 range.  The sales agent also mentioned that the Western Multislider in the Great Room (approximately $6-7K option) is now included. 

I went to see the Plan 3 this weekend.  The problem is I don't feel it is like $1MM house.  The design made me feel crowded, or just the bigger size of a detached condo.  On the other side,  Plan 1 of Shea home feels very open.  (don't like plan 3's next Gen suite), although its SF is only 2,550.

Have a trobule to make a decison  :-[

notTHEoc said:
Anyone know the average and range of lot sizes here? I recall them telling me 4500sq ft and 5000sq ft on separate occasions a while back.

Not sure why these not selling better aside from a sense of being "cramped." IMO, issues in plan 2 are
1) not many windows in kitchen/great room area (should have a big one btwn kitchen and great room)
2) kitchen island too big
3) stairs too narrow and steep
4) upstairs should have been modeled with the loft instead of 5th bedroom (but option exists)
5) master closet a bit tight
6) need California room option

Not optimal, but not necessarily deal breakers. Other issues you see?

Not sure of the exact lot size, but the model lot depth is about 3' to 5' shallower than the current phase.

In the current phase, Plan 2 are getting an extra window in the dining area. I guess many people complained about this. They're also including the upstairs loft and multi-slide door option as standard now too.

At least in phase 1, biggest lot was 7067 sq ft (plan 1) but mostly in 5000+ sq ft range.  I was recently told that they have sold almost all of their plan 2 and plan 3s in phase 2. They will be increasing the price by $10,000 for the phase 3.

Yes, Willliam Lyons is known for doing the "show up" and "line up" and see which plan you want.  I spoke to the rep there and she said she had a Plan 2, $906,000 range with 5,700 sq foot lot.

notTHEoc said:
Anyone know the front door setbacks at Whistler? I *think* Sagewood is around 15-18 feet. Whistler seemed little shallow at the models, but don't recall well. No front porch options, so I'm assuming they're a bit shallower.

Whistler Plan 2 setback is 10' based on lot disclosures from Phase 2.

50% shorter than Sagewood!

woshi said:
notTHEoc said:
Anyone know the front door setbacks at Whistler? I *think* Sagewood is around 15-18 feet. Whistler seemed little shallow at the models, but don't recall well. No front porch options, so I'm assuming they're a bit shallower.

Whistler Plan 2 setback is 10' based on lot disclosures from Phase 2.

Back