COVID-19 Vaccine Questions

I got it at 8am, was feeling fine. Then 3-4pm started getting body aches, an hour later body chills. Was feeling pretty crappy the rest of the night and definitely went to bed early. Never got a fever though. Next day was feeling better, maybe at 70-80% capacity. 2 other people I know that got it definitely felt crappy the next day or two.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Anyone got the J&J vaccine?  If so, how did you feel within 1-2 days afterward?

My cousin signed up for the vaccine at cal poly and got it yesterday.
He put he had a health condition.

They asked him what is his health problem, and he said "I don't have a health problem", and got vaccinated anyway.

There is probably a monetary incentive to vaccinate as many people as they can, so each vaccination site wants to generate as much vaccinations as possible to get that government cheese.

ExWAoH4VoAAjDgY

This looks like good news.

zubs said:
ExWAoH4VoAAjDgY

This looks like good news.

At this point, I would just sign up and state high risk on Othena to get an earlier appt.  Once April 15th hits, going to be a lot harder to get one.  My doctor told me to go get one and Soka didn't ask me anything about my health, I was out of there in 35 min or so. 

Yeah I just went ahead and got one about 3 weeks ago at CVS. It was easy. From the time I walked in to the cvs to when I got my shot it was like 5 minutes. Then waited another 10 minutes and left. So was out in and out in 15 minutes. Next shot is coming up this week.

zubs said:
My cousin signed up for the vaccine at cal poly and got it yesterday.
He put he had a health condition.

They asked him what is his health problem, and he said "I don't have a health problem", and got vaccinated anyway.

There is probably a monetary incentive to vaccinate as many people as they can, so each vaccination site wants to generate as much vaccinations as possible to get that government cheese.

People complain when there are too many rules

People complain when there are too few rules

I look at it as one giant experiment to see if our society can abide by the honor system *shrug*

Got my first Moderna shot this afternoon at the Disney drive thru area off Katela.  In and out in less than 30 minutes (including waiting 15 minutes in my car after the shot). 

I got my vaccination yesterday.

I lied on the internet questionnaire.  I put down I'm in emergency services.
I thought they would ask me questions, but they did not.

They just scanned my QR code and looked at my license and I was vaccinated.  The whole thing took 30 min.  I also cheated on the 15 min wait...I left after 10.

Vaccination is now like liar loans.  You just state your income with no proof and they'll take your word for it.

zubs said:
I got my vaccination yesterday.

I lied on the internet questionnaire.  I put down I'm in emergency services.
I thought they would ask me questions, but they did not.

They just scanned my QR code and looked at my license and I was vaccinated.  The whole thing took 30 min.  I also cheated on the 15 min wait...I left after 10.

Vaccination is now like liar loans.  You just state your income with no proof and they'll take your word for it.

So how do you know if they didn't cheat you on your vaccination? What if they left it sitting out overnight instead of keeping it properly cooled?

:)

The "realness" of the vaccination or how it was handled is out of my hands.
I know that after vaccination, I feel like I can walk into a crowded indoor restaurant w/o a 2nd thought now.

Was it worth lying for?  Yup.

Yesterday I was feeling fine but today I was feeling a little blah...kinda tired and sleepy most of the day.  I'm not looking forward to the ass kicking after the 2nd shot in 4 weeks though (from what I've heard first hand from half a dozen people including my dad and stepdad). 

Now that anyone 50 and older with no pre-existing condition can get the vaccine in California, I used www.vaccinefinder.org to locate where in SoCal I could get taken care of. RiteAid had an appointment location just outside of Orange County for Monday, April 8th, however I found a provider in Riverside who is able to give me the 1st of 2 shots tomorrow!

I've had neighbors and others said they had a specialized medical condition and/or work in a critical industry. Their appointments timelines were a 5-7 day wait even when using these techniques before they got their 1st dose. Seems at this moment there are enough doses to get an appointment relatively quickly no matter if there are underlying conditions.

The system allows you to search for only 1 specific provider if you wish. Most of the Johnson and Johnson vendors were sold out - and that was before the production botch we're reading about today. Unless I missed it, have there been posts by anyone getting the J+J shot?

My .02c

Othena.com is actually very easy.

I've helped some people set it up but you basically answer the questions, it creates an account and then they let you schedule next day which could be that same day or at least the next 2 days.

A friend of mine got theirs today at the OC Fairgrounds. They give you an option of walk-thru or drive-thru and it's pretty quick. I think they are only doing Pfizer at OC Fairgrounds.

Also, cvs.com is good too. But they schedule about 5 days out. I thought they only did J&J but looks like they are mostly doing 2-shot ones.

I helped a coworker sign up for the vaccine today.
He's over 50.  I signed him up today at 1pm, and he is getting the shot right now @ 2:30 pm from Pfizer.
This is in Riverside county.

I think we are going to be swimming in vaccines soon...if not already.

I convinced my friend that thought covid was a scam and fake to get the vaccine.

I told him other countries have to wait for the vaccine or pay for the vaccine. (third world countries) Also, it might be a requirement to be vaccinated to enter a country.

* I think he does not have insurance because he lost his job. But he still got the vaccine for free.
I just want to share that you do not have to have insurance to get the vaccine.

I hope one has to show a vaccination card to get on a plane.  That will get more people to do it.

Agreed. I don't want to be trapped in a metal tube for 4 hours with someone who refuses a gift like these vaccines.

Othena.com has you on a virtual wait list (assuming no pre-condition selections. Those push you to the front of the line and rarely a wait in those cases) . I have yet to hear from Othena about an appointment. Not a patient person so I found it better to take matters into my own hands and get in line myself rather than wait for a space to open up through a random notification. Sure, I'm going to drive about 30 miles or so to get the shot. Beats waiting another 30 days.

My .02c

Back