COVID-19 Vaccine Questions

I went to Anaheim convention center and they didn't check anything besides driver's license. This was over a week ago. I imagine it will be more lax as time goes on.

Kenkoko said:
The Soka University site in Aliso Viejo is much better run than the Anaheim sites.

This is from both personal experience and many co-workers.

At the Soka site, they never check for your professional license. Only driver's license to verify the appointment.

So technically, one can pretend to be in group 1B, sign up via Othena app, and get vaccinated at Soka.

For people who cannot make it during weekdays, try to setup your 1st appoint on weekends because your 2nd shot appointment is automatically set for 21 days after your 1st. If you get your 1st shot on a Sunday, your 2nd shot will also be scheduled on a Sunday. It's a big hassel to reschedule via the Othena app.

FYI, the Othena App will only auto-send notification once after signing up. If you do not take the first available appointment offered, the app will NOT notify you again. You have to manually open the app and check every time to see if there's available appointment.

hurijo said:
I went to Anaheim convention center and they didn't check anything besides driver's license. This was over a week ago. I imagine it will be more lax as time goes on.

Kenkoko said:
The Soka University site in Aliso Viejo is much better run than the Anaheim sites.

This is from both personal experience and many co-workers.

At the Soka site, they never check for your professional license. Only driver's license to verify the appointment.

So technically, one can pretend to be in group 1B, sign up via Othena app, and get vaccinated at Soka.

For people who cannot make it during weekdays, try to setup your 1st appoint on weekends because your 2nd shot appointment is automatically set for 21 days after your 1st. If you get your 1st shot on a Sunday, your 2nd shot will also be scheduled on a Sunday. It's a big hassel to reschedule via the Othena app.

FYI, the Othena App will only auto-send notification once after signing up. If you do not take the first available appointment offered, the app will NOT notify you again. You have to manually open the app and check every time to see if there's available appointment.

Appreciate the update.

My info on Anaheim is not the most updated since I got my 1st shot in Anaheim more than a month ago.

They were very thorough checking professional license & proof of eligibility back then.

I think loosening up is the right move.

Turning away people who already took the time to book the appointment and drove all the way there is counter-productive at this point.

GenericIrvineResident said:
spootieho said:
I think it's 47 or something crazy high.

If you are black or latino, you can get an accessibility code.  (It's a racist equity thing)

I'm Latino, and have not received a code. There is no way for me to get a code either, as I don't live in a hard-hit area.

Are you talking about this?https://ktla.com/news/local-news/va...unities-being-misused-by-wealthier-l-a-areas/

Stop trying to make it a race/ethnicity thing when it's clearly a class issue.

Thanks for your post. Do not mind the other person. Some people act like boomers and it is hard for them to adjust. Be safe and have a good one.

GIR is right in more than one sense of the word "class". Who gets the vaccine appointment is in fact a "class" issue. The registration system today is wide open for abuse. We have some classless neighbors who claimed to be essential workers (they are not) and got their 1st dose last week. One of these neighbors bragged openly about how they "lied every way possible" to get the appointment. Blegh.

Soylent Red got her notice this week due to a 100% documented medical condition, She's ready, willing, and able to show documentation to back up her reason for being approved for a vaccine appointment. The problem is that anyone can list a medical condition and need not show any confirming documentation of said condition. Why even have guidelines and rules if none are ever going to be enforced?

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
GIR is right in more than one sense of the word "class". Who gets the vaccine appointment is in fact a "class" issue. The registration system today is wide open for abuse. We have some classless neighbors who claimed to be essential workers (they are not) and got their 1st dose last week. One of these neighbors bragged openly about how they "lied every way possible" to get the appointment. Blegh.

Soylent Red got her notice this week due to a 100% documented medical condition, She's ready, willing, and able to show documentation to back up her reason for being approved for a vaccine appointment. The problem is that anyone can list a medical condition and need not show any confirming documentation of said condition. Why even have guidelines and rules if none are ever going to be enforced?

My .02c

I have mixed feelings about this.

I am not pro rule abusers & I am in no way advocating for people to not follow guidelines.

But I feel we should not be strictly enforcing this at vaccination sites.

Our #1 goal should be to get as many people vaccinated as possible.

Turning people away after they already booked the appointment and arrived at the vaccination site is counter productive.

The guidelines are useful. They are in place to deter and reduce the numbers of abuses, not to eliminate.

Or maybe my point of view is jaded because I've work in healthcare for many years.

Patients are almost always shorter and weight more than they indicated on their patient intake form.

It's not right but it doesn't bother me.

Agreed. There is a big difference between saying you're 6'1, 250 lbs and showing up as a 5ft 5 inch Sumo. Saying you are an Essential Worker and also line jumping because of a medical condition like a bad case of bunions is another. I'd love to get myself vaccinated along with Soylent Red, but I'd have many a sleepless night thinking about the what if's - What if that one person I line jumped over gets COVID-19?

Anyone watch the Netflix documentary on Operation Varsity Blues? One scene parallels this present discussion about the morality of line jumping by disregarding established rules. A college aged girl who (may or may not) have earned her way into USC has her soul wilt before your own eyes whens she finds out that her application has been denied. The documentary then cuts to Olivia Jade who snipes about how she hates school but ends up at USC anyway through cheating.

Yes, this kind of behavior happens be it for schooling or vaccinations. Yes, as well, I'd rather see people told to wait their turn for a vaccination if screening was tighter because on whole we are better because of it.

My .02c

I have multiple friends who have gone to a CVS and asked if they could get a vaccine and they ended up getting one (last 5 days or so).  No appointment or anything.  Seems like the vaccines are readily available now.

woodburyowner said:
I have multiple friends who have gone to a CVS and asked if they could get a vaccine and they ended up getting one (last 5 days or so).  No appointment or anything.  Seems like the vaccines are readily available now.

Do they have J&J?

aquabliss said:
woodburyowner said:

Do they have J&J?

No J&J.  The initial stock ran out about 7-10 days ago.  Only Pfizer or Moderna available.

CVS & Rite Aid provides close to real time availability on their twitter. ( update every 10 mins approx)

You can follow their Twitter handle @VaccineCa

Reach out to them with DMs regarding J&J

eyephone said:
One person DM will not change the vaccines that they are offering.
To be honest just get a vaccine.

I meant to DM them asking if J&J is available at the listed locations. Not to lobby or change anything  ;)

aquabliss said:
woodburyowner said:

Do they have J&J?

Still looking for J&J? Cashier at Quail Hill CVS told me they have J&J.

Got the email from TUSD, they will go back to a full time, five day traditional schedule for the mew school year on 8/12/21. They are working on trying to get full time going for th rest of the current school year but that is TBD. Thank goodness.

qwerty said:
Got the email from TUSD, they will go back to a full time, five day traditional schedule for the mew school year on 8/12/21. They are working on trying to get full time going for th rest of the current school year but that is TBD. Thank goodness.

Got that too, I?m fine with next fall full time, I think trying to slap a switch to full time now with two months to go is foolish. We all know the last two weeks are filler anyway and starting Monday, we are actually down to the last nine weeks of school. 

nosuchreality said:
qwerty said:

Got that too, I?m fine with next fall full time, I think trying to slap a switch to full time now with two months to go is foolish. We all know the last two weeks are filler anyway and starting Monday, we are actually down to the last nine weeks of school. 

Yeah I?m with you. No real benefit for switching the remains part of the current school year. Just happy to get confirmation that the next school year will be more normal/traditional.

Back