COVID-19 Vaccine Questions

Well, we have 328.8 Million people.

Roughly 70 million under 16, not eligible yet.

We have roughly 75 million already fully vaccinated.

We have another roughly 50 million with one shot done of the two shots done.

Trump got roughly 74 million votes, of Trump supporters, polling has been consistent saying roughly 40% will refuse to get the vaccine.  That's another 30 million.

Then you have the 10% of Democrats that say they won't get it either.  That's another 8 million.

Add in undisclosed anti-vaxxers, medically compromised, pregnant, invalids, shut-ins. etc

That brings us to 225/330. With roughly 100 million people remaining, roughly equal to the number of adults that didn't vote in the last election.

Soylent Green Is People said:
No one said there would be math.

It?s like Michigan desperately screaming they need more vaccines to combat the surge of the new variant there, but in their rural counties, it?s going unused.

Cases in some states going up but vax appointments unfilled.

And that's why we can't be like other countries who are getting it under control... the human element.

Looks like INO - Innovio was too late to the vaccine feeding trough.
https://www.investors.com/news/technology/ino-stock-collapses-after-us-officials-pull-funding-for-covid-vaccine-testing/?src=A00220

I am hearing a lot of business's are failing now because they geared up to make money off COVID, and now we are swimming in COVID vaccines and treatments.  Like a syringe funded last year hasn't made one syringe yet, but Pfizer and Moderna said they don't need syringes anyway.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/trump-administration-awarded-firm-1-3-billion-make-covid-vaccine-n1263872

So we poured a lot of money into COVID quickly with very little auditing, and there is waste...should be expected.
We can only have 2 out of 3:

500px-Project-triangle.png

Interesting to see that stock news.

I know someone who has 2 family members in clinical trials for another vaccine and a pill version of a vaccine. Imagine being in a test trial that gets defunded. Next time I see that person I'll have to ask if it's ongoing, and perhaps invest accordingly.

My .02c

Another vaccine (Novavax) coming through the pipeline.  Emergency Use Authorization expected to be requested Q3 of this year.  The vaccine maker Novavax is also doing combo flu/Covid shots. 

They were ready to seek EUA this month but had to postpone due to lack of raw material for their manufacturer in India.  It sounds like they have figured it out and expect to reach their goal for Q3.  Meanwhile, they are stocking up on 10's of millions of vax. 

This is a vax with the spike protein produced ex vivo or outside of the body (vs Moderna/Pfizer in vivo).  The produced spike proteins are attached to nanoparticles to mimic the size and shape of a Covid virus and shot into your arm.

It is touted as having less side effects also.  This would be good to add to our basket of vax, esp., as annual booster shots are expected (less side effects -> more willing arms).

As an aside, (and I also posted this info in the Covid thread), my father in law and his girl friend both still have Covid antibodies as of last week (May 2021), after having contracted Covid last September 2020.  This is per antibody test performed last week.

Given that Covid actually confers antibodies that may last months (in this case at least 8 months), and the number of people who are also vaccinating, I believe we should reach herd immunity soon.  Looking forward to normalcy finally :)

Back