Costco

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
The tires are priced well.  Throw in things like free flat repair and free lifetime rotations/balancing, plus the fact that the techs generally are well trained and will always use a torque wrench to torque the nuts, then it becomes a no-brainer to me. Downsides are the crowds, as you noticed, and that they won't have quite the tire selection or flexibility you might find at tire rack.  Not an issue for most cars/people.  USC might not want to take his GT3 there, though.

Yeah, they don't sell tires for my GT4 and GT3RS.  :(

Did you know they do special orders for tires?

I normally get my tires from TireRack...no sales tax and low shipping cost...and send them to the tire shop that I use in Tustin to mount them.  Tires are anywhere from $1,200 to $2,200 per set so saving on sales tax is important, pays for brake pads.  haha

Hey, that sales (use) tax funds our local schools!;)

It's not bad.  Not too spicy.  Serve it with some sticky white rice and you can get 2 good meals out of 1 cup. 

ps9 said:
get 4 hot dogs with the chili and you can hack it into chili dogs. 

Good idea, 4 chili dogs with soda for $9.99, then add mustard and onion.  Death meal for a bargain price.

The chili is actually pretty good.

We did the chili dog hack (they give you cheese too) but I also don?t like beans in chili esp on hot dogs.

They don?t give you crackers though.

The Costco at Tustin district sells the chili. The Costco at Technology doesn?t.

I am guessing this is a trial or due to demographics.

Costco Rebate voucher cash back for credit card.
I was about to cash my rebate voucher and they were going to write me a check. I made a comment, then why didn?t then send me a check in the first place. Then I started to talk to another random customer. Then they gave me cash.

eyephone said:
I was about to cash my rebate voucher and they were going to write me a check. I made a comment, then why didn?t then send me a check in the first place. Then I started to talk to another random customer. Then they gave me cash.

I've gotten my yearly rebate in cash every year that I can remember. You just have to ask for it.

HMart said:
eyephone said:

I've gotten my yearly rebate in cash every year that I can remember. You just have to ask for it.

My post was not about the timing of the rebate check. It was about getting the refund in cash. If they were going to give me a check. Why not send it to me in the mail?
Let?s say I accepted the check option instead of getting cash. Then I would have to go to the bank and deposit it. (I saw the worker writing the check freehand on a corporate check to another member.)

eyephone said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:

My post was not about the timing of the rebate check. It was about getting the refund in cash. If they were going to give me a check. Why not send it to me in the mail?
Let?s say I accepted the check option instead of getting cash. Then I would have to go to the bank and deposit it. (I saw the worker writing the check freehand on a corporate check to another member.)

the longer that money sits in costco's account, the more interest they gain before they have to pay out. 

Kings said:
eyephone said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:

the longer that money sits in costco's account, the more interest they gain before they have to pay out.

I hope there is a control over the checks. Because that person was writing the check to the member not by computer. (acceptable to fraud? Potentially yes)

Costco also writes checks for some online purchase returns.

Costco.com accepts Mastercard and Discover in addition to Visa. I once made an online purchase w/ my Mastercard and returned the item ($1,100 camera) to the store for a refund. Due to the fact that the warehouse can only process Visa transactions, they wrote me a check. It's actually a good way to meet minimum spend for sign-up bonuses if you have a MC or Discover.

eyephone said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:

My post was about the method of refund, cash.

Honestly, I think the reason they don't send you checks in person is that they want you to show up at Costco one more time to potentially buy stuff. Hey, I'm here already....

And it's a pretty reasonable (if inconvenient) ask. If you don't like the terms of the deal, you should cancel.

best_potsticker_in_town said:

Costco.com accepts Mastercard and Discover in addition to Visa. I once made an online purchase w/ my Mastercard and returned the item ($1,100 camera) to the store for a refund. Due to the fact that the warehouse can only process Visa transactions, they wrote me a check. It's actually a good way to meet minimum spend for sign-up bonuses if you have a MC or Discover.

Well, that's one way to slowly make money. I figure driving to Costco, waiting in return line, and then coming back home would probably cost me 30-75 minutes. With a 2.0%-2.625% cashback card you can do the math.
edit: I also imagine that Costco would shut you down if their algorithms picked up signs of abuse, and then you'd have to deal with a life without Costco.

HMart said:
eyephone said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:

My post was about the method of refund, cash.

Honestly, I think the reason they don't send you checks in person is that they want you to show up at Costco one more time to potentially buy stuff. Hey, I'm here already....

And it's a pretty reasonable (if inconvenient) ask. If you don't like the terms of the deal, you should cancel.

best_potsticker_in_town said:

Well, that's one way to slowly make money. I figure driving to Costco, waiting in return line, and then coming back home would probably cost me 30-75 minutes. With a 2.0%-2.625% cashback card you can do the math.
edit: I also imagine that Costco would shut you down if their algorithms picked up signs of abuse, and then you'd have to deal with a life without Costco.

Go ahead try to shut me down. I did nothing wrong. I was talking about the employees writing on the blank checks. My original complaint: I want the cash from my rebate check. That?s it! (a reasonable complaint)

Trust me I don?t need to play games with scams. I got better things to do and I don?t have the time. (Nice false accusation)

Do you work for Costco? Seems like you got all mad. Also. Who are trying to be ban me from Costco? So if you make a complaint at place x. Does that mean you are banned from going there?

Back