Costco

jmoney74 said:
bones said:
eyephone said:
I went to Costco today at the district and I was over charged.
So I had to wait at the exit, one of the supervisor walked me over to the refund line, and then another person processed the refund transaction but needed the supervisor's key. So I had to wait again for that same supervisor to come back.

#TimeWaster

it's not that bad

So true. Costco is super inefficient. Wanted to cxl my membership which had to be done in person. Went there - bought one last thing (wipes IC!!!) for the heck of it. Waited at the membership desk. Then was told, I can't cxl my card if I purchased something 24 hours prior. Ok, fine so I try to return the wipes. Oh nope, can't return same day items at the return/membership desk. Have to go to some other kiosk and wait for a manager. Wait wait wait. Finally get that done. Go back to membership desk, lady (not the manager) takes FOREVER and requires 3 manager key turns to finally get it done. So glad I never have to walk into that place ever again.

Lost in middle. Said not that bad.

woodburyowner said:
I saw a crazy older lady pushing and bumping her cart into a 7-8 year old girl as she tried to beat the exit line.  I was absolutely shocked at this type of behavior.  Luckily, the girl moved out of the way after the first bump.
Most Costcos that I've been to have been like that for decades.  Fountain Valley Costco has a lot of Vietnamese and Chinese immigrants who are among the rudest people when it comes to lines, parking, shopping...  The Irvine/Tustin locations aren't so bad...

riznick said:
woodburyowner said:
I saw a crazy older lady pushing and bumping her cart into a 7-8 year old girl as she tried to beat the exit line.  I was absolutely shocked at this type of behavior.  Luckily, the girl moved out of the way after the first bump.
Most Costcos that I've been to have been like that for decades.  Fountain Valley Costco has a lot of Vietnamese and Chinese immigrants who are among the rudest people when it comes to lines, parking, shopping...  The Irvine/Tustin locations aren't so bad...

This was at the Irvine/Tustin location (not District) and the lady was middle eastern.

Irvinecommuter said:
Costco can be inefficient but they take everything back.  You open it and eat it...don't like it, they take it back.  You open it and it doesn't fit, they take it back. 
I recently returned a food item that was new, and the customer service person gave me a lecture that it is a perishable item and they have to throw it away. They still refunded it back to my card.

eyephone said:
I went to Costco today at the district and I was over charged.
So I had to wait at the exit, one of the supervisor walked me over to the refund line, and then another person processed the refund transaction but needed the supervisor's key. So I had to wait again for that same supervisor to come back.

#TimeWaster

Costco District Update:
I recently returned the PS4 that I bought over the Thanksgiving Weekend. (unopened) The reason why I returned it because I recently saw a better deal for the PS4.
While waiting in the return line, I noticed a Costco employee walk to the exit and gave a customer cash for an item overcharged. (Over the top customer service. The customer usually will have to wait in line for a refund. )

Yo, just want to give a head's up about Costco's delivery because I was pretty surprised by how they handle this. Mr. SoCal randomly sent me a "just because" gift worth $1,400 (a Dell laptop I was eyeing). He ordered it online from Costco. Costco sent it through FedEx. He thought Costco would probably require a signature.  After all, ding-dong-ditch could create an issue for them. When it arrived yesterday, FedEx did not even knock and did not even ring the doorbell. This is every package thief's dream come true. I was not supposed to be home at the time. However, due to last minute unforeseen circumstances, I was (thank God.) FedEx just left it on the doorstep but did try to disguise it behind something. Anyway, Mr. SoCal was planning to intercept the delivery and receive the goods... problem is, it was delivered before Costco even confirmed that it shipped! Costco said it was approximately a 1-week delivery. It was not. Normally, quick delivery is not a problem... if it's a box of crackers. They should be more careful how they execute delivery with some things.

Honestly..if it gets stolen, you just get a new one. I just ordered some new shirts from Europe and they were supposed to take two weeks, 4 days later they were at my doorstop. I was stoked they came that earlier. Underpromise and overdeliver. 

Bullsback said:
I just ordered some new shirts from Europe and they were supposed to take two weeks, 4 days later they were at my doorstop.

Hey, that's good. When I order clothes from the U.K., they take at least two weeks, if not three. But that's coming out of Manchester, England.

SoCal said:
Yo, just want to give a head's up about Costco's delivery because I was pretty surprised by how they handle this. Mr. SoCal randomly sent me a "just because" gift worth $1,400 (a Dell laptop I was eyeing). He ordered it online from Costco. Costco sent it through FedEx. He thought Costco would probably require a signature.  After all, ding-dong-ditch could create an issue for them. When it arrived yesterday, FedEx did not even knock and did not even ring the doorbell. This is every package thief's dream come true. I was not supposed to be home at the time. However, due to last minute unforeseen circumstances, I was (thank God.) FedEx just left it on the doorstep but did try to disguise it behind something. Anyway, Mr. SoCal was planning to intercept the delivery and receive the goods... problem is, it was delivered before Costco even confirmed that it shipped! Costco said it was approximately a 1-week delivery. It was not. Normally, quick delivery is not a problem... if it's a box of crackers. They should be more careful how they execute delivery with some things.

Costco also let FedEx just leave an iPad at my doorstep. It costs extra to ship items with "signature required" and the item gets returned to Costco after 3 attempt. The loss percentage must be lower than the signature required cost.

Costco did send me an email that it shipped with a tracking number so didn't have that problem :)

Costco doesn't price match on TVs. (thats what the Costco employee told me. Correct me if I'm wrong.) I think this is a major mistake. All the major players price match. (Amazon, BB, Frys)

Is it just me or what? I'm sick of the direct tv sales person approaching me when right after I enter the store. (Not all the time, but still)

eyephone said:
Costco doesn't price match on TVs. (thats what the Costco employee told me. Correct me if I'm wrong.) I think this is a major mistake. All the major players price match. (Amazon, BB, Frys)

Is it just me or what? I'm sick of the direct tv sales person approaching me when right after I enter the store. (Not all the time, but still)

Just tell them you already have it. I say this whenever approached for cable, solar, newspaper subscription or alarms. Nothing will make them scurry away faster than staring at a double sale.

eyephone said:

They must sell enough to not have to deal with it.. plus hard to match.. I think their standard warranty is better no?

jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:

They must sell enough to not have to deal with it.. plus hard to match.. I think their standard warranty is better no?

I don't buy warranty at Costco. Plus now they try to sell the square trade warranty at Costco.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:

Just tell them you already have it. I say this whenever approached for cable, solar, newspaper subscription or alarms. Nothing will make them scurry away faster than staring at a double sale.

Of course I can do that. But why do I have to do that?
I guess the management philosophy at Costco has changed? (Let the vendor bother the customer when they enter the warehouse)

For me it's easier to say no, not pick up, or hang up on the phone if it's a telemarketer.

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:

I don't buy warranty at Costco. Plus now they try to sell the square trade warranty at Costco.

but I think even the standard warranty is better is what im saying. 

jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:

but I think even the standard warranty is better is what im saying.

Are you talking about up to 90 days it's okay to return for tvs that policy?

Anyone getting the new Citi Costco Visa card? It looks like June 20th will be the new launch day. Say goodbye to American Express.

The card benefits seem good:
4% cash back on eligible gas worldwide, including gas at Costco, for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
3% cash back on restaurant and eligible travel purchases worldwide
2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
1% cash back on all other purchases
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/citi.action?ID=citi-costco-credit-card-conversion

Back