Costco

SoCal said:
Bullsback said:
I just ordered some new shirts from Europe and they were supposed to take two weeks, 4 days later they were at my doorstop.

Hey, that's good. When I order clothes from the U.K., they take at least two weeks, if not three. But that's coming out of Manchester, England.

Maybe shirts from the UK will be even lower at Costco when they start getting in orders placed after today.

There's a red Ferrari parked in front of the Tustin District Costco (Costco Auto Program). I saw a lot of hand prints on the windows of the car.

Loco_local said:
eyephone said:
Costco to increase membership fee to increase.

Following increase:
Regular $5
executive $10

#outraged

Horrible! Who will pay me to protest?

So Costco missed their earnings and then announced the membership increase.

Are the tires at Costco a good deal?

The reason why I ask is because I just saw around 6-7 people waiting in line outside of Costco Tire center. (The Costco tire center opens at 9am)

The tires are priced well.  Throw in things like free flat repair and free lifetime rotations/balancing, plus the fact that the techs generally are well trained and will always use a torque wrench to torque the nuts, then it becomes a no-brainer to me. Downsides are the crowds, as you noticed, and that they won't have quite the tire selection or flexibility you might find at tire rack.  Not an issue for most cars/people.  USC might not want to take his GT3 there, though.

Yeah, the Costco tire and tire service are pretty good deal,  they even inflate your tire with nitrogen for free.

Ive got tire, tire rotation and flat repair done here, pretty satisfied with their service. 

Go to America's Tire Co.  They price match anything you find on internet.  They offer lifetime rotation, balance and flat repairs (this is for anyone).  Remember that with Costco, you need to go back to get Nitrogen refills.

daedalus said:
The tires are priced well.  Throw in things like free flat repair and free lifetime rotations/balancing, plus the fact that the techs generally are well trained and will always use a torque wrench to torque the nuts, then it becomes a no-brainer to me. Downsides are the crowds, as you noticed, and that they won't have quite the tire selection or flexibility you might find at tire rack.  Not an issue for most cars/people.  USC might not want to take his GT3 there, though.

lnc said:
Yeah, the Costco tire and tire service are pretty good deal,  they even inflate your tire with nitrogen for free.

Ive got tire, tire rotation and flat repair done here, pretty satisfied with their service.

Update: Costco has a tire deal for Bridgestone tires $70 instant rebate when you buy 4 tires and .01 cent for installation. (For the .01 a tire installation its through Aug 11th - Aug 16th)

Website says the offer is good through the 18th.  But they run them pretty often.  I've been getting my tires there for over a decade and have always gotten some kind of discount, more often on the Michelins.  It's been $70 off a set of 4 for many years, though I think a long time ago it was $100 off.

daedalus said:
Website says the offer is good through the 18th.  But they run them pretty often.  I've been getting my tires there for over a decade and have always gotten some kind of discount, more often on the Michelins.  It's been $70 off a set of 4 for many years, though I think a long time ago it was $100 off.

So I took a look back at the promo it's Aug 11th to the 16th for the .01 installation per tire with the purchase. Usually it's $14 per tire. (unless you install it on your own)

The deal is $70 instant rebate, with the promo of .01 cent installation per tire equates to $56. Total saving $126 makes it a good deal.  ;)

I recommend calling them before you go to make sure they have your tire size in stock.

I've been pleased with Costco purchased tires, but always suggest making an appointment for rotations. Otherwise the line will be hours. They will retorque without waiting though. A caution, however obvious. You still must align the tires elsewhere.

daedalus said:

Yeah, they don't sell tires for my GT4 and GT3RS.  :(

USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:

Did you know they do special orders for tires?

USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:

For sports cars I trust SupremePower for tires and mods:http://www.supremepower.com/

I've used them on multiple occasions and have been happy with their service.

eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:

Did you know they do special orders for tires?

I normally get my tires from TireRack...no sales tax and low shipping cost...and send them to the tire shop that I use in Tustin to mount them.  Tires are anywhere from $1,200 to $2,200 per set so saving on sales tax is important, pays for brake pads.  haha

"Judge: Costco must pay Tiffany $19.4 million for advertising knock-off rings

Tiffany has beaten Costco to the tune of at least $19.4 million in a trademark infringement battle over alleged knock-off rings that pitted the luxury jeweler against the membership warehouse giant.

Costco must pay the financial damages for its years-long practice of selling rings with signs that said "Tiffany" without any modifiers to indicate the items were not made by the world-famed New York City jewelry company, a  judge ruled Monday.

In all, Costco owes Tiffany $11.1 million, three times the estimated profit the Issaquah, Wa.-based company made on sales of the rings, U.S. District Court Judge Laura Taylor Swain wrote in a 17-page decision. She also ordered Costco to pay $8.25 million in legal damages and issued a permanent injunction that bars the company from using the Tiffany name without clarifying modifiers. "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...illion-advertising-knock-off-rings/568129001/

I hope you didn't buy your love one a "Tiffany ring" at Costco. They might flip out if they find out about the ruling.

Back