Costco

Sometimes their clothes/shoes are decently priced. 
Sometimes their liquor goes on decent sales, better than market, bevmo
But in large I like the different offerings they have and large aisles.
What they need are rfid's on the goods so you can self checkout.  Direct pay linked to membership. 
Technology has to be reaching that point...

AW said:
Sometimes their clothes/shoes are decently priced. 
Sometimes their liquor goes on decent sales, better than market, bevmo
But in large I like the different offerings they have and large aisles.
What they need are rfid's on the goods so you can self checkout.  Direct pay linked to membership. 
Technology has to be reaching that point...

I believe some of the costco stores have union workers, good luck getting those machines on the store.

irvinehomeowner said:
Just bought a mattress at Costco... was going to buy it at Livings Spaces because that's where we bought the bed and we wouldn't have to worry about delivery but for less money we got a name brand (Sealy?) and better quality product.

Have you measured it to be sure? I hear that Costco is downsizing bulk items while keeping prices at the same level.

WillJoy said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Just bought a mattress at Costco... was going to buy it at Livings Spaces because that's where we bought the bed and we wouldn't have to worry about delivery but for less money we got a name brand (Sealy?) and better quality product.

Have you measured it to be sure? I hear that Costco is downsizing bulk items while keeping prices at the same level.
Dang... I thought the King felt like a Twin but I thought that was due to my girth.

irvinehomeowner said:
WillJoy said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Dang... I thought the King felt like a Twin but I thought that was due to my girth.

LOL.  Then you should try their downsize undies.......it will really show off your "girth". ;)

I've been asking Mr. SoCal for years to quit Costco. We have barely stepped foot in the door the last, oh, seven years. The novelty wore off for me a long time ago. But he doesn't want to because now it's tied in with our home insurance, car insurance, road side assistance, etc. I've tried to point out that those services don't end up being a good deal if you keep paying for a membership you rarely use. But I guess he has to hang on to it for those times he buys a t.v., and once every five Christmases I restock on cards and wrapping paper, as if that makes it all better. I don't understand it. Costco is like a bad rash that is hard to get rid of without persistence.

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WillJoy said:
irvinehomeowner said:

LOL.  Then you should try their downsize undies.......it will really show off your "girth". ;)

Maybe you should keep role playing ideas between you and your wife. (Wink)

eyephone said:
What's up with the direct tv person at Costco trying to give advice on what TV to buy.

He just find out the Google Fiber is coming and he's practicing his next gig. :)

i dislike the irvine technology food court that's going to be outdoors... boooooo

I went to Costco today at the district and I was over charged.
So I had to wait at the exit, one of the supervisor walked me over to the refund line, and then another person processed the refund transaction but needed the supervisor's key. So I had to wait again for that same supervisor to come back.

#TimeWaster

eyephone said:
So I had to wait at the exit, one of the supervisor walked me over to the refund line, and then another person processed the refund transaction but needed the supervisor's key. So I had to wait again for that same supervisor to come back.

#TimeWaster

So true. Costco is super inefficient. Wanted to cxl my membership which had to be done in person. Went there - bought one last thing (wipes IC!!!) for the heck of it. Waited at the membership desk. Then was told, I can't cxl my card if I purchased something 24 hours prior. Ok, fine so I try to return the wipes. Oh nope, can't return same day items at the return/membership desk. Have to go to some other kiosk and wait for a manager. Wait wait wait. Finally get that done. Go back to membership desk, lady (not the manager) takes FOREVER and requires 3 manager key turns to finally get it done. So glad I never have to walk into that place ever again.

now Google Express is available in Irvine so you can shop many of the Costco items and have them delivered to your home!

nosuchreality said:
The worst part of Costco are the rude people shopping there.

I saw a crazy older lady pushing and bumping her cart into a 7-8 year old girl as she tried to beat the exit line.  I was absolutely shocked at this type of behavior.  Luckily, the girl moved out of the way after the first bump.

woodburyowner said:
nosuchreality said:
The worst part of Costco are the rude people shopping there.

I saw a crazy older lady pushing and bumping her cart into a 7-8 year old girl as she tried to beat the exit line.  I was absolutely shocked at this type of behavior.  Luckily, the girl moved out of the way after the first bump.

you should have knocked her ass to the ground.  WORLD STAR!

bones said:
eyephone said:

#TimeWaster

it's not that bad

So true. Costco is super inefficient. Wanted to cxl my membership which had to be done in person. Went there - bought one last thing (wipes IC!!!) for the heck of it. Waited at the membership desk. Then was told, I can't cxl my card if I purchased something 24 hours prior. Ok, fine so I try to return the wipes. Oh nope, can't return same day items at the return/membership desk. Have to go to some other kiosk and wait for a manager. Wait wait wait. Finally get that done. Go back to membership desk, lady (not the manager) takes FOREVER and requires 3 manager key turns to finally get it done. So glad I never have to walk into that place ever again.

Costco can be inefficient but they take everything back.  You open it and eat it...don't like it, they take it back.  You open it and it doesn't fit, they take it back. 

Costco could use a Fewer than 10 item line though...sometimes, I am just getting 3 things and don't want to wait behind someone with 30 items.

Back