Costco

eyephone said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:
Costco Rebate voucher cash back for credit card.
I was about to cash my rebate voucher and they were going to write me a check. I made a comment, then why didn?t then send me a check in the first place. Then I started to talk to another random customer. Then they gave me cash.

I've gotten my yearly rebate in cash every year that I can remember. You just have to ask for it.

My post was not about the timing of the rebate check. It was about getting the refund in cash. If they were going to give me a check. Why not send it to me in the mail?
Let?s say I accepted the check option instead of getting cash. Then I would have to go to the bank and deposit it. (I saw the worker writing the check freehand on a corporate check to another member.)

I should have pushed the issue further and asked for cash as well. I'm guessing they don't want to deplete their daily cash reserves for customers who have over X amount of cash back. The biggest PITA was waiting for the manager to write me the check (it does require two Costco manager signatures). He told me to go shopping and it would be ready for me when I came back. I just wanted my money since I had places to go. So instead I wasted 10 minutes standing around reading my iPhone.

HMart said:
Well, that's one way to slowly make money. I figure driving to Costco, waiting in return line, and then coming back home would probably cost me 30-75 minutes. With a 2.0%-2.625% cashback card you can do the math.
edit: I also imagine that Costco would shut you down if their algorithms picked up signs of abuse, and then you'd have to deal with a life without Costco.

You don't manufacture spend regularly with this method. It is solely to meet sign up bonus minimum spends (which are a few hundred to even $1000 of points) if you need to without costing yourself any money. I have unintentionally bought jewelry or other expensive items online and get refunded in cash in store.

I am so confused by all of this.  We get an annual check in the mail that we use for our next Costco trip...the remainder of which is given to us in cash.

My understanding is that we can also just cash it at a Costco...I have never tried to deposit a Costco check.

Irvinecommuter said:
I am so confused by all of this.  We get an annual check in the mail that we use for our next Costco trip...the remainder of which is given to us in cash.

My understanding is that we can also just cash it at a Costco...I have never tried to deposit a Costco check.

So in the mail or through email a person will get their rebate voucher. If a person wishes to turn that voucher for money. Than they will send you to a register/location with no customers. This is based on my experience and it may differ from different locations.
The person was going to write me a check for my voucher. At the end, I got cash.

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:

So in the mail or through email a person will get their rebate voucher. If a person wishes to turn that voucher for money. Than they will send you to a register/location with no customers. This is based on my experience and it may differ from different locations.
The person was going to write me a check for my voucher. At the end, I got cash.

I guess a person wants to ban me. laughable

Over Costco?  That's silly...Costco is a happy place where cheap hot dogs and pizza roam freely and 65 cent sodas flow like rivers!

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
HMart said:
eyephone said:
Costco Rebate voucher cash back for credit card.
I was about to cash my rebate voucher and they were going to write me a check. I made a comment, then why didn?t then send me a check in the first place. Then I started to talk to another random customer. Then they gave me cash.

I've gotten my yearly rebate in cash every year that I can remember. You just have to ask for it.

My post was not about the timing of the rebate check. It was about getting the refund in cash. If they were going to give me a check. Why not send it to me in the mail?
Let?s say I accepted the check option instead of getting cash. Then I would have to go to the bank and deposit it. (I saw the worker writing the check freehand on a corporate check to another member.)

I should have pushed the issue further and asked for cash as well. I'm guessing they don't want to deplete their daily cash reserves for customers who have over X amount of cash back. The biggest PITA was waiting for the manager to write me the check (it does require two Costco manager signatures). He told me to go shopping and it would be ready for me when I came back. I just wanted my money since I had places to go. So instead I wasted 10 minutes standing around reading my iPhone.

So it happened to you to also? It?s not a big deal. But it?s a waste of time.

*I didn?t know the checks required two managers. That throws out my statement regarding the blank checks.

I have always cashed my rebate checks and never apply it towards purchases. Got to maximize those credit card points!

Video: Massive crowds overwhelm Costco on its opening day in China

In fact, the wholesale giant was reportedly forced to shut the store, its first ever opened in China, early due to overcrowding and traffic jams. ?Due to the extremely large crowds at the newly opened supermarket, for the safety of the public, we urge that residents consume in a rational manner and choose to go shopping at an off-peak time,? The Paper, a Chinese media outlet, reported.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...inese-love-costco-more-than-you-do-2019-08-27

Here are the crazy scenes from Costco?s opening day in China
https://qz.com/1695894/here-are-the-crazy-scenes-from-costcos-opening-day-in-china/

My comment: Costco just opened in China! From the pictures it looks like Black Friday.. (Long lines to get in the store, parking issue, people scrambling to get things) Like I previous said people like good deals. They were so crowded they had to close early. (Wow)

Btw: Costco stock jumped like $13ish today.

aquabliss said:
Up next: Hot Dog vending machine.

@ the district location: they also have a food kiosk to order food

Also, with the Costco app you can show your Costco digital membership. (No need to show your card)

At the Tustin Legacy Costco food court the soda machines are no longer self serve. They have an employee working there standing behind a table with a big splash guard helping customers out.

TBD: when it goes back to normal regarding the soda machines. But I noticed other Costco food courts do not have the same setup as the employee can only access the soda machines.

I think the Spectrum was still self-serve (it's outdoors) but I think there is a sign that if you're getting a refill, to get another cup.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think the Spectrum was still self-serve (it's outdoors) but I think there is a sign that if you're getting a refill, to get another cup.

In general I avoided the Costco food court after the pandemic. I think I ordered a whole pizza on time. But we microwaved the pizza slices at home.

no more onions or relish for your hot dogs anymore either.  Plus, if you want mustard or ketchup, it comes in a little plastic sauce container, not in a packet that you can even spread out onto your hot dog.

DBtoOC said:
no more onions or relish for your hot dogs anymore either.  Plus, if you want mustard or ketchup, it comes in a little plastic sauce container, not in a packet that you can even spread out onto your hot dog.

If you think about it. It makes complete sense. I assume you do not want a person that has covid or asymptomatic covid spraying particles by the condiments or soda area.

eyephone said:
DBtoOC said:

If you think about it. It makes complete sense. I assume you do not want a person that has covid or asymptomatic covid spraying particles by the condiments or soda area.

What would make sense if they stopped checking the damn receipt. Let?s make sure we cross-contaminate everyone?s hands by making sure every person hands their receipt to the same person and then hand it back. You know there are plenty of people touching their nose/mouth and handing over that receipt.

Where is the logic here!

Back