Costco

qwerty said:
What would make sense if they stopped checking the damn receipt. Let?s make sure we cross-contaminate everyone?s hands by making sure every person hands their receipt to the same person and then hand it back. You know there are plenty of people touching their nose/mouth and handing over that receipt.

Where is the logic here!

#1 reason I don't have a costco membership :)

What's weird is for a while there they stopped marking the Costco receipt. They were behind a plexiglass and you showed them and they waived you by.

Not sure when they went back to highlighting your receipt but last time I went they didn't touch the receipt just marked it.

After a second painful messed up order on Costco.com, will be sticking to Amazon an Target for online shopping. The return process is also extremely painful.

icey said:
After a second painful messed up order on Costco.com, will be sticking to Amazon an Target for online shopping. The return process is also extremely painful.

What happened?

icey said:

I've never had an issue with Costco. I just go on their online chat and ask for a return. I returned a couch online and they just sent a truck to pick it up and refunded me immediately.

eyephone said:
icey said:

What happened?

Only got half our order but got sent half of someone else's.

There was also no insulation in the box so the other customer's heavy items were bouncing around and damaging everything else.

Twice it's happened and returns has a difficult time figuring out how to input the data into the system for the refund.

Cares said:
icey said:

I've never had an issue with Costco. I just go on their online chat and ask for a return. I returned a couch online and they just sent a truck to pick it up and refunded me immediately.

What if I want to return like a ceiling fan or a speaker?  Will they send a truck also or tell me to go into the warehouse?  Just curious.

icey said:

Since the pandemic started I think I?ve done 2-3 Costco returns. Each time it took about 20-25 minutes. After the last time I told my wife not to buy anything that she wasn?t sure she was keeping because I was done returning things at Costco. They need to change their return process as it?s incredibly slow.

qwerty said:
icey said:

Since the pandemic started I think I%u2019ve done 2-3 Costco returns. Each time it took about 20-25 minutes. After the last time I told my wife not to buy anything that she wasn%u2019t sure she was keeping because I was done returning things at Costco. They need to change their return process as it%u2019s incredibly slow.

This is nothing compared to my experience returning an unopened item at Newegg. They wanted to charge me around 15-30% restocking fee.
I explained to him that the item was new and unopened in the original ups or fedex box (I forgot who they use)
Then with supervisor approval, he gave me the option to return it. BUT I had to pay for shipping.

Amazon makes returns super easy. I just return it to the ups store at the district. Rarely a line. Just hand over the item and they scan the QR code on your phone and you are done

Cares said:
I returned a couch online and they just sent a truck to pick it up and refunded me immediately.

Really? No transportation fee? Did they move it out too?

When it was delivered did they bring it into the house?

This is something to consider when buying furniture.

irvinehomeowner said:
Cares said:
I returned a couch online and they just sent a truck to pick it up and refunded me immediately.

Really? No transportation fee? Did they move it out too?

When it was delivered did they bring it into the house?

This is something to consider when buying furniture.

No fees, full refund. They came and moved it out from my backyard.

I'm a little embarrassed about it but I owned the patio couch set for almost 1 year before returning it. Barely used it. I made the simply inquiry if I could exchange or get credit for a smaller set but they said we can just take it back for no cost. I took them up on their offer and this made me a Costco for lifer.

irvinehomeowner said:
Oh. Outdoor set.

Wonder what their service is with indoor furniture.

We bought a couch once and paid the $60 delivery fee. We ended up returning it and they sent a truck free of charge to pick it up. I can?t remember if they refunded the the original $60 delivery fee. I don?t think they did as we paid that directly to the delivery company. This was a while back though so not sure if they still have the same free pickup setup for the return.

I am a costco member and will only make purchases online. (Free delivery $75 or more, for frozne $100 or more free delivery)

I am not going to risk it, with the covid delta variance. Costco guest no mask policy.
But employees are required to wear a mask. Kind of strange.

eyephone said:
I am not going to risk it, with the covid delta variance. Costco guest no mask policy.
But employees are required to wear a mask. Kind of strange.

As a business owner, it's way easier to enforce mask mandate on your employees than customers. I feel strongly that people should wear masks at this time, but I also feel bad for employees being asked to be mask cop.

HMart said:
morekaos said:
eyephone said:
But masks are required in costco LA stores. (Indoor mask requirement)

Another reason to go to the Costco in OC (along with the tax break).

For the same reason, I would come to the opposite conclusion.

I already had Covid and I hate paying the 10 1/2% sales tax in the LBC. Besides, Los Al is closer to my house then signal Hill so for us it?s a win-win.

Back