coronavirus

Panda said:
Morekaos,
If we are to forecast this thing here in the U.S. I think that we will follow a similar case vs death ratio to that of Italy vs ROK, but 6X of the number of Italy.

Do not pay attention to him. He is spreading disinformation.
Just wait until he talks about his mom for sympathy. Lol

eyephone said:
Panda said:
Morekaos,
If we are to forecast this thing here in the U.S. I think that we will follow a similar case vs death ratio to that of Italy vs ROK, but 6X of the number of Italy.

Please...dispute the numbers.  My Mom is doing great by the way...thanks for asking.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Panda said:
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

You see that there are 81,058 cases in China and 5702 in the U.S. and 8320 cases in South Korea. Would you be shocked if the Real U.S.'s cases will be double that of China making U.S. the #1 case in the world? Yes or No? Do you agree or disagree?

Close to 50 million are over the age of 65 in the U.S. which is a population of California, S. Korea, and Italy.

As of now, I can't say I agree or disagree. I still have not come to a conclusion that this virus came from bats. I personally take time to think through and make a final decision. Which is I can't be good at stock. Which is why I'm not as smart or sexy as eyephone and IHO. But anyways, we're all free to share our opinions as long as we're not discriminating anyone. I do hope that we don't end up double amount infected rate of China though.

Let me guess you will blame the US Army for this like what China said. Get out of here!

Not sure what you talkin' 'bout here. Where does the US Army pop up from?

For the record, I'm not into blame game so please stop guessing wrong.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Panda said:
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

You see that there are 81,058 cases in China and 5702 in the U.S. and 8320 cases in South Korea. Would you be shocked if the Real U.S.'s cases will be double that of China making U.S. the #1 case in the world? Yes or No? Do you agree or disagree?

Close to 50 million are over the age of 65 in the U.S. which is a population of California, S. Korea, and Italy.

As of now, I can't say I agree or disagree. I still have not come to a conclusion that this virus came from bats. I personally take time to think through and make a final decision. Which is I can't be good at stock. Which is why I'm not as smart or sexy as eyephone and IHO. But anyways, we're all free to share our opinions as long as we're not discriminating anyone. I do hope that we don't end up double amount infected rate of China though.

Let me guess you will blame the US Army for this like what China said. Get out of here!

Not sure what you talkin' 'bout here. Where does the US Army pop up from?

For the record, I'm not into blame game so please stop guessing wrong.

Marketwatch article: Inside China%u2019s campaign to blame the U.S. for the coronavirus pandemic

On March 8, the Chinese ambassador to South Africa tweeted that, %u201CAlthough the epidemic first broke out in China, it did not necessarily mean that the virus is originated from China, let alone %u2018made in China.%u2019 %u201D

Days later, the clearest salvo in the conspiracy campaign came from China%u2019s Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Zhao Lijian, who tweeted: %u201CCDC was caught on the spot. When did patient zero begin in US? How many people are infected? What are the names of the hospitals? It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!%u201D
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...he-us-for-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-15

Maybe we should send China an invoice to pay for this sh7!

morekaos said:
Panda said:

You see that there are 81,058 cases in China and 5702 in the U.S. and 8320 cases in South Korea. Would you be shocked if the U.S. intensely tested like ROK that U.S.'s cases will be double that of China making U.S. the #1 case in the world? Yes or No? Do you agree or disagree?

OK, stipulate it is 160,000 cases with a similar mortality...that's still about 6500 dead.  Not even halfway to H1N1 fatality number and probably would not include the 1800 US children that were struck down in 2009.... this version does seem to have an appetite for children, thank God. Now use the higher Italian mortality rate and the same 6x Italian  infection rate ( same 180k) you would get around 12,800 dead...lower end of the H1N1 range but less.  Would those numbers justify today's hysterical panic?

Let's say both H1N1 and China Virus kill 12,800 people. The difference is China Virus uses more hospital resources to get this result.
W/O respirators and personnel, the 12,800 dead for China Virus would be 20,000+.

The strain on hospital resources is different then H1N1.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
Panda said:
Morekaos,

Please...dispute the numbers.  My Mom is doing great by the way...thanks for asking.

It is not apples to apples. You even admitted that you would compare a civic to a Ferrari. That fact alone. You do not have the right to talk to me.

I do not talk to amateurs.

The US and China two of the world largest economies suffering and economic meltdown.  Russia aside from oil war with Saudi remain unscathed. Disruption in election is proven. It would be difficult to prove this one.

@eyephone,

As always, since your capacity of holding knowledge and information is far greater than mine, I believe you went above and beyond of what I was really thinking or discussing.

For Covid-19, this virus coming from wet market in China is where most people are thinking of the origination, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true and I have to believe it. Where did it really come from? I don't know. But I haven't come to a conclusion whereas you firmly believe to know the absolute fact, which is fine since that is your valid opinion. But Russia and India having far less infection is pretty questionable to me.

Now we're not really talking about where it came from. We're talking about where it's heading. Panda predicts it could get far worse than people think, but I do not hope that is true. How many people agree with Panda?

zubs said:
morekaos said:
Panda said:

You see that there are 81,058 cases in China and 5702 in the U.S. and 8320 cases in South Korea. Would you be shocked if the U.S. intensely tested like ROK that U.S.'s cases will be double that of China making U.S. the #1 case in the world? Yes or No? Do you agree or disagree?

OK, stipulate it is 160,000 cases with a similar mortality...that's still about 6500 dead.  Not even halfway to H1N1 fatality number and probably would not include the 1800 US children that were struck down in 2009.... this version does seem to have an appetite for children, thank God. Now use the higher Italian mortality rate and the same 6x Italian  infection rate ( same 180k) you would get around 12,800 dead...lower end of the H1N1 range but less.  Would those numbers justify today's hysterical panic?

Let's say both H1N1 and China Virus kill 12,800 people. The difference is China Virus uses more hospital resources to get this result.
W/O respirators and personnel, the 12,800 dead for China Virus would be 20,000+.

The strain on hospital resources is different then H1N1.

We don't know that...Ask Tom Hanks, he is right in the kill zone and his wife is compromised from cancer treatments. They were in the hospital for 3 days and only really for observation.  They took more grief from eating too much Vegemite than from the virus. 

eyephone said:
Maybe we should send China an invoice to pay for this sh7!

It's really disheartening to see the politicians and the media try to blame the Federal govt. for the Wuhan Virus pandemic. This pandemic was caused by the Chinese Communist Party and no one else. You can debate where the virus came from but there is no doubt the CCP deliberately silenced all those who tried to warn the world about the virus before it got out of the PRC.

If a gangster shoots someone and the paramedics did not do the best job in helping the victim, you blame the gangster, not the paramedic.

Yeah, I don't really care where it came from. I think it's more productive to discuss why we're having this big of an issue compare to the last pandemic and where it's heading IMHO.

I'm doing all my Wuhan Virus related planning based on advice from my Magic 8 Ball. Seems just as reliable as the talking heads on TV and online.

Me: Is this the right time to jump back into equities despite the Wuhan Virus hysteria?

Magic 8 Ball: Without a Doubt

How come during H1N1 no one talked about the strain on hospital resources?  In fact there was hardly any news about it.  Does any TI medical personnel remember that time?  Were you guys doing double shifts, and afraid to go home in case you infected your family?

zubs said:
How come during H1N1 no one talked about the strain on hospital resources?  In fact there was hardly any news about it.  Does any TI medical personnel remember that time?  Were you guys doing double shifts, and afraid to go home in case you infected your family?

My theory is because people weren't sure if it was normal flu or swine flu as it happened during the flu season. So most people who get the flu, stay home instead of going to the hospital.

Now, because of the fear of death, people go to the hospital immediately, even if it's just a cold or allergies and that's what stretches resources.

I do remember back during swine flu in 2009, there was messaging to stay home unless you were having complications but there was no hoarding of Charmin, Purell or Arrowhead.

irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:

My theory is because people weren't sure if it was normal flu or swine flu as it happened during the flu season. So most people who get the flu, stay home instead of going to the hospital.

Now, because of the fear of death, people go to the hospital immediately, even if it's just a cold or allergies and that's what stretches resources.

I do remember back during swine flu in 2009, there was messaging to stay home unless you were having complications but there was no hoarding of Charmin, Purell or Arrowhead.

Medical staff regularly talk about burden of flu and strain on health network.  Two or three years ago was bad, I remember the nurses I know all talking about the hospital situation  Any time we have a heavier than average flu year, the healthcare system feels and talks about strain. 

Go to the CDC site, Swine Flu was highly infectious but very mild in hospitalizations and deaths compared to an average flu year.

zubs said:

Think about that time frame from mid to late 2009 to early 2010.  The only thing on media?s mind was the Affordable Care Act and all of its ramifications on healthcare.  Squirrel!!

Back