coronavirus

This won't help if someone is contagious and they drive/fly to another county/state for dinner.

eyephone said:
aquabliss said:
Looks like all OC workplaces and restaurants must shut down except for pickup:https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/17/oc-health-officials-set-to-close-dine-in-restaurants/

Got to be safe. I wish the best for the health of everybody. Eat healthy!
I guess someone read my post. Shut down and get better.
Super genius does it again.

At this time, I'd suggest keeping your gas tank full (easy if you are working from home), and withdraw some emergency use cash.  Don't just withdraw all $100 bills, have a mix of large and small cash bills.  It's likely that you won't need to use it, but just in case.

momopi said:
At this time, I'd suggest keeping your gas tank full (easy if you are working from home), and withdraw some emergency use cash.  Don't just withdraw all $100 bills, have a mix of large and small cash bills.  It's likely that you won't need to use it, but just in case.

Also, consider stocking up in otc medicine.

I just bought cough syrup and Advil. (I was lucky to find the generic/off brand) But but at this time get anything. Stock up! Let?s go

I'll be out camping this weekend.  Hopefully my hood doesn't get looted while I'm out, and hopefully they let me back in the city when I return.

If you have time setup cam / ring so you at least have an eyes and ears while you not home if you haven?t done so.

Maybe getting out is a best thing depend on where you live.

I have a networked DVR with a front-facing camera in the bay window.  This is a good neighborhood, but if people start panicking/rioting, all bets are off (not that I think that's likely).  My last house was in a "fringe" area, and I had wires running all through the attic and cameras facing in all directions lol.  It was very enlightening seeing what went on around there.

Compressed-Village said:
morekaos said:
Compressed-Village said:
Where and which country reporting the least infection right now? Russia? India? What are the infecting rate there?

Here is a good real time website to follow the game.
[url]https://www.bing.com/covid[/url]

You guys are pretty smart, so figure this out ZERO (0) death in Russia and 109 active case. And covid ?suppose? to thrive in cold climate.

I asked this question yesterday  (look at the recorded time) and today I saw this articles, that now discussed the same conversation with some clarity.

Why Russia covid 19 so low?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-few-coronavirus-cases-russia-151708133.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9yLnNlYXJjaC55YWhvby5jb20vX3lsdD1Bd3I5RHQzTjNuRmVId29BU0NGeC45dzQ7X3lsdT1YM29ETVRCeU5XVTRjR2gxQkdOdmJHOERaM0V4QkhCdmN3TXhCSFowYVdRREJITmxZd056WXctLS9SVj0yL1JFPTE1ODQ1NDk3MDkvUk89MTAvUlU9aHR0cHMlM2ElMmYlMmZ1ay5uZXdzLnlhaG9vLmNvbSUyZndoeS1mZXctY29yb25hdmlydXMtY2FzZXMtcnVzc2lhLTE1MTcwODEzMy5odG1sL1JLPTIvUlM9THZ6dl9aZ2d2NTRoWEJ5Wm1MWmg2bFhWYkg0LQ&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAASRKROw_UWoZJsX2qOkcKE1ZT9DNPTgcBkHKkOJK61NRYsHCS8__CUmeeMHJeu5VbaT6ihY49UGdhobAYKqTqJUpuH2qUrYGPFbXdctIkgMbkMVqJLO2cnhba4P7uAVDdP8DJG9Xzf5s_XOQswZkD6Iu9huooeX--hJKKePRVqu

But a lot of countries have low infection or death rates (really all of them do).  What are you implying?  Russia planted this virus and is stoking the fear to their advantage?  Not unthinkable.

the announcement yesterday afternoon then the second one later at night.....

what a fucking joke.

We basically have the OC board overruling the OC health.

In half a year, we will probably start reading about the OC board blaming OC Health moving too slowly during the outbreak and caused unnecessary infection.

Innosint said:

what a fucking joke.

In half a year, we will probably start reading about the OC board blaming OC Health moving too slowly during the outbreak and caused unnecessary infection.

But of course the OC board are health experts.

eyephone said:
@Mety - coronavirus is more lethal than the flu statistically especially for older people according to the article. The stats for coronavirus provided by Journal of the American Medical Association in the article.
https://voiceofoc.org/2020/03/fielder-oc-supervisors-spread-falsehoods-about-covid-19-risks/

We all know it's more lethal for people over 65. However, ANY disease is more lethal for elders not just Covid-19. So it's not really a WOW factor for me personally.*

Interesting thing is it's not effecting children as much. 0% for children under 9 according to the data Panda provided.

*Just staying on this side to counter what the most people believe.

BTW, eyephone. I appreciate your argument and providing all these links for us. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just still debating what to take as truth on this matter.

So what is the prediction on when things go back to normal? I say by 4/15 everyone says screw it, we need to go back to normal. Economic damage will be way worse they way things are going. People will get fed up. Money had always trumped everything and this time will be no different.

My assumption is soonest May. (or earlier if the average temperature during the day is above 70 degree)

Latest July. by then even the none minimum wage people's EM fund will probably run dry. it's either back to business or massive panic.

If the grocery and supply store situation doesn?t change in the week or so, things will start becoming very agitated and aggressive.  Most shelves are bare within an hour of opening, people are forming huge lines before opening to try and get supply.

Those that had supply?s are slowly eating through them.

What?s worse being exposed to the old regular grocery crowd every couple days or the mob now whenever you try and go?

Innosint said:

what a fucking joke.

Idiots...jumping the gun on shelter in place by hitting the wrong key then rescinding it an hour later...I'm in the office and will be all week...our government at work to your benefit.

Co-worker also runs a restaurant on the side... the supply of fresh food is uninterrupted.

ones that are running out are actually canned and prepped food that people are panic/massively buying.

I went to the market on 7 AM opening yesterday. while people are panic buying prepped food, ironically fresh produce were left mainly untouched for the first 2 hours.

Once people stored enough canned/prepped food, even panic buying for those items will probably stopped.

Unfortunately people are scared (which is understandable) and the hoard mentality has set in. All the TV talking heads and government officials say the food supply is stable. People are simply outstripping local suppliers. If people went back to old purchase patterns things would be fine. This thing will just have to play out until panic subsides.

In the short term my bigger concern is for the more vulnerable in our population: elderly and disabled. I?ve been reading that some grocery chains are offering special hours reserved for elderly and pregnant customers. Hopefully this helps. If you have a vulnerable neighbor, please check on them.

nosuchreality said:
If the grocery and supply store situation doesn?t change in the week or so, things will start becoming very agitated and aggressive.  Most shelves are bare within an hour of opening, people are forming huge lines before opening to try and get supply.

Those that had supply?s are slowly eating through them.

What?s worse being exposed to the old regular grocery crowd every couple days or the mob now whenever you try and go?

Back