Congress Elections

Bloomberg news: Deutsche Bank, Signature Cutting Ties With Trump After Riots

Deutsche Bank AG and Signature Bank, two of Donald Trump?s favored lenders, are pulling away from the billionaire president in the wake of last week?s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The German lender has decided not to conduct any further business with Trump and his company, said two people with knowledge of the matter, asking not to be identified because the deliberations were confidential. Trump owes the Frankfurt-based lender more than $300 million.

Signature Bank, the New York lender that?s long catered to his family, is closing two personal accounts in which Trump held about $5.3 million, a spokesperson for the firm said on Monday. It?s also calling for the president to step aside before his term officially ends on Jan. 20.

?We believe the appropriate action would be the resignation of the president of the United States, which is in the best interests of our nation and the American people,? the bank said in a separate statement on Monday.

The lenders are following social media outlets and other companies in suspending ties with the president after he encouraged attendees at a rally last week to march on the Capitol, where they stormed the building and interrupted the certification of the electoral college vote. At least five people died in the mayhem and its immediate aftermath.

?Yesterday was a dark day for America and our democracy,? Deutsche Bank Americas head Christiana Riley posted on LinkedIn a day after the riot. ?We are proud of our Constitution and stand by those who seek to uphold it to ensure that the will of the people is upheld and a peaceful transition of power takes place.?

We have never before commented on any political matter and hope to never do so again,? Signature said in its statement. The bank will not do business in the future with any members of Congress who voted to disregard the electoral college, the spokesperson said.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ed-banks-pull-back-amid-fallout-from-d-c-riot

Yes. I noticed it @Irvinehomeowner.  Moving from 2017 to 2021 we're told THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!! CHALLENGING THE ELECTION IS SEDITION!!! MEMBERS SHOULD BE PUSHED OUT OF THE SENATE AND HOUSE!!!! it's all politics, run through the prism of convenient memory-holing of the facts. Facts, as we know, are stubborn things.

A few Senators and many House Members are traitors to this nation (per the high clown priestess Pelosi) yet what happened a mere 3.75 years ago. Yes, there was an assault on the Capitol - after and during the challenge to this Election. These two issues have run parallel to each other - one is an armed insurrection, the other is reasoned debate being called sedition.

I don't seem to recall some of the 2017 election contenstors being shut out of fundraising, deplatformed on social media, or considered Anti-American. If you can find a similar hyper-reaction from the Right in 2017 I'd welcome the read all about it.

PS: Add this to the "Never happened before!!!" List:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_United_States_Senate_bombing

My .02c 

Soylent Green Is People said:
Nor did I @Irvinehomeowner.

When we're told THIS NEVER HAPPENED. CHALLENGING THE ELECTION IS SEDITION!!! MEMBERS SHOULD BE PUSHED OUT OF THE SENATE AND HOUSE!!!! it's all politics, run through the prism of convenient memory-holing of the facts.

A few Senators and many House Members are traitors to this nation (per the high clown priestess Pelosi) yet what happened a mere 3.75 years ago. Yes, there was an assault on the Capitol - after and during the challenge to this Election. These two issues have run parallel to each other - one is an armed insurrection, the other is reasoned debate being called sedition.

I don't seem to recall some of the 2017 election contenstors being shut out of fundraising, deplatformed on social media, or called a traitors. If you can find a similar hyper-reaction I'd welcome the read all about it.

My .02c 

The two cannot be compared. I know you are trying to make a parallel but it doesn't work... this is morekaos level equivalency.

2017 - House members object to electors and election irregularities.
2021 - House and Senate members object to electors and election irregularities.

Now compare media treatment of House members in 2017 and House and Senate members in 2021.

@Irvinehomeowner, you are right in one respect - these two things cannot be compared. The backlash by the compliant media and political dolts today was nothing like it was in 2017.

The insurrection was one thing. The underlying approach by House and Senate members to the issue of election irregularities is another.

Are you sure there wasn't backlash?

And again, different circumstances... based on the article, the Dems in 2017 did not formalize their objections correctly as Biden had requested... I'm assuming the Repubs did. And... the Repubs continued with their objection even after the insurrection at the Capitol. Had there been a similar terrorist act in 2017, the backlash would probably be the same.

Sorry, man, you really need to work on proving your points. I'm still waiting for all that voter fraud evidence from you.

There is no level of voter fraud evidence that will ever meet the standards of the "Don't look at that...It doesn't fit the definition of fraud" crowd. If I have 1... it's not enough. If someone else posts 10.... it's not enough. If there was 1,000 examples, sorry... those goal lines have moved.

Here's one - while not mass individual voter fraud, it's mass vote fraud perpetrated by one person:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/ag-paxton-san-antonio-election-fraudster-arrested-widespread-vote-harvesting-and-fraud-0

I am hoping the same thing that was done post 2000 election in Florida by independent journalists will be done post 2020 election. Everyone ranted and raved about how Bush stole Florida. Funny thing though is that after recount, recount, recount, and recount, the same result came through - by the very smallest of margins, Bush won Florida fair and square. Some non-partisan digging after things calm down a bit is warranted. I'm sure everyone can agree to that no matter your political bent.

You can still find people in 2021 swearing back and forth about Bush was never legitimately elected. In 2021 you can still find Hillary and company cursing up and down that she was cheated out of winning by them dang Rooskies. My guess is in 2041 you'll still hear Trumpers saying the election was stolen. 

Time will tell. It always does.

My .02c

Then again, no-one breached the capitol wearing ?Gore? capes in 2001. Somehow I doubt any investigations that don?t confirm their conspiracy theories will be easily accepted by these folks. Trump himself really has the onus to defuse his fanatics.

The fervor in support of a man (instead of country, party, or an ideal) is a new factor in this round of shenanigans.

irvinehomeowner said:
Are you sure there wasn't backlash?

And again, different circumstances... based on the article, the Dems in 2017 did not formalize their objections correctly as Biden had requested... I'm assuming the Repubs did. And... the Repubs continued with their objection even after the insurrection at the Capitol. Had there been a similar terrorist act in 2017, the backlash would probably be the same.

Sorry, man, you really need to work on proving your points. I'm still waiting for all that voter fraud evidence from you.

Daily Beast: Kevin McCarthy Admits Trump ?Bears Responsibility? for Capitol Attack?but Still Won?t Vote to Impeach

Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the leader of the House Republicans, believes President Trump ?bears responsibility? for the Jan. 6 riot in the U.S. Capitol?but still doesn?t support impeachment, he said during the impeachment debate Wednesday.
https://news.yahoo.com/kevin-mccarthy-admits-trump-bears-190912763.html

Kevin wants a commission? Come on everybody saw the result and heard Trump and co give the green light. There was no phone call, no third party account.

To give you the magnitude of the incident. It was reported there were Congress people from both parties fearful of their life due to the storm of the capital.

As I previously posted on another post. This event was planned and the planner allegedly said that 3 GOP congressman help planned the event. It was no picnic outside. They were not there to trade Pok?mon cards or play Pok?mon Go. They were there to disrupt the certification of the Biden Presidency.

inv0ke-epipen said:
Then again, no-one breached the capitol wearing ?Gore? capes in 2001. Somehow I doubt any investigations that don?t confirm their conspiracy theories will be easily accepted by these folks. Trump himself really has the onus to defuse his fanatics.

The fervor in support of a man (instead of country, party, or an ideal) is a new factor in this round of shenanigans.

Interesting you said that it was reported that Trump and McCarthy had a telephone conversation. Trump blamed it on Antifa. Kevin said it wasn?t that it was the MAGA crowd. Unbelievable!

There is no level of voter fraud evidence that will ever meet the standards of the "Don't look at that...It doesn't fit the definition of fraud" crowd. If I have 1... it's not enough. If someone else posts 10.... it's not enough. If there was 1,000 examples, sorry... those goal lines have moved.

Here's one - while not mass individual voter fraud, it's mass vote fraud perpetrated by one person:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/ag-paxton-san-antonio-election-fraudster-arrested-widespread-vote-harvesting-and-fraud-0

I am hoping the same thing that was done post 2000 election in Florida by independent journalists will be done post 2020 election. Everyone ranted and raved about how Bush stole Florida. Funny thing though is that after recount, recount, recount, and recount, the same result came through - by the very smallest of margins, Bush won Florida fair and square. Some non-partisan digging after things calm down a bit is warranted. I'm sure everyone can agree to that no matter your political bent.

You can still find people in 2021 swearing back and forth about Bush was never legitimately elected. In 2021 you can still find Hillary and company cursing up and down that she was cheated out of winning by them dang Rooskies. My guess is in 2041 you'll still hear Trumpers saying the election was stolen. 

Time will tell. It always does.

My .02c
Nice deflection.

And your example is Texas? That wasn't even brought up in Congress.

Have you found an example that is of a significant margin in a battleground state? Because that's what is being contested by the Democrats. Obviously 1, 10 or 1000 isn't enough... but find 10,000 or 100,000 and then you can claim fraud.

It's just like that one *Democrat* REPUBLICAN who said they claim thousands of votes were fraud and he asked them to find 10 and they couldn't even produce 1.

And I'm not asking you about past elections... I'm asking about this specific one.

#ProveTheFraud

Edit: It was a Republican who said that "can't produce 1" speech in Congress which is more impactful. I forgot what his name was but he was initially against the ratification.

Just to recap, the problem is vote fraud.

The incompetent Dems managed to run such an effective vote fraud effort that they got 10s of thousands to a hundred thousand or more votes in each of at least four States and really many more. Because Trump really won in a landslide and they claim Biden won by 7 million votes 

They committed the steal so effectively that the Republican elected Secretary States &  Governors and his own appointed Judges in over 50 lawsuits and his own appointed Election security official said was legit and fair.

So clearly we need to go with the people booking the Four Seasons.
im-256946

nosuchreality said:
Just to recap, the problem is vote fraud.

The incompetent Dems managed to run such an effective vote fraud effort that they got 10s of thousands to a hundred thousand or more votes in each of at least four States and really many more. Because Trump really won in a landslide and Biden won by 7 million votes 

They committed the steal so effectively that the Republican elected Secretary States &  Governors and his own appointed Judges in over 50 lawsuits and his own appointed Election security official said was legit and fair.

So clearly we need to go with the people booking the Four Seasons.
im-256946

You should also put the photo of the hair dye dripping on his face.

That Four Seasons piece was great. What a screw up! If MAGA Country can't laugh at that catastrophe, they are a humorless bunch indeed.

This Texas case wasn't brought up in Congress and there's a pretty good reason why it wasn't. Although the crime took place well before the election, the arrest was after the challenge to the electoral college and the subsequent riot. The RNC's time machines still aren't fully functioning, but once they are I'm sure we can fix this issue.

Just as all of these concrete examples of voter fraud were not convicted or exposed immediately, within time there will be additions to this list for 2020. Remember that proving fraud in a court of law (the apparent standard at this moment) can't be done in 75 days. Yes, Trump and Republican lawyers have lost their challenges. That doesn't mean fraud did not take place. It means in some cases the argument was poorly framed, or rejected for standing, and of course nonsensical filings.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Some may say Heritage is a partisan site, but so what? The info is rock solid and sourced independently.

Daily Beast: Two Cops, Including a Trained Sniper, Arrested for Taking Part in Capitol Insurrection

Two Virginia police officers, including one who is an Army veteran and trained sniper, have been arrested after they allegedly took part in the Capitol riot?then boasted about it being legal on Facebook afterward.

Jacob Fracker and Thomas Robertson, both officers with the Rocky Mount Police Department, were charged on Wednesday with knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building without lawful authority, and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, according to a criminal complaint obtained by The Daily Beast.

Prosecutors allege the two cops, who were off-duty when they traveled to D.C., were photographed inside the Capitol ?making an obscene statement in front of a statue of John Stark.? The photo was then posted on social media?where Robertson defended their actions and said he was ?fucking proud? because he was ?willing to put skin in the game,? according to a criminal complaint.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/two-r...-taking-part-in-capitol-insurrection?ref=home

The Heritage has been slipping for years.  The database is an excellent example straight out of the old 90s "All I Really Need to Know about Business I Learned at Microsoft".  Chapter 3, buffalo them with detail. 

Step 1 sort for year, 15 in 2020.  Two thirds of those are California and most of those are that ballot proposition signature one. 

The Arizona case is a case from 2016, case of a guy voting twice.  One guy, two votes.  One extra vote.

New Mexico, an actual case of voter fraud and a Mayor stealing the election. Fake signatures, fake votes. The case is really from a city council run, when he won 238 votes to 236 votes.

The Louisana case, a single poll assistant found guilty of not marking a ballot as instructed.

Virginia, a GOP staffer signing faked petition forms to put a sinker candidate on the ballot to sabotage the Dem candidate.

Wisconsin, 2018 a single person ineligible to vote, voted. 1 person.

West Virginia, the Utah residing Daughter of a local candiate illegally voted.  Her father won 91 to 77. Again a single vote.

From there the cases go back 40 years. Most are little stuff, like a single voter casting a ballot when ineligle.

What the Heritage site shows clearly is that our system works. 

Meanwhile Trump and supporters have lost over 50 cases.  Most dismissed as frivolous or without merit. Many by Trump appointed Judges or State Republican leaning courts.  Not to mention, Trump's own lawyer admitting court that the case wasn't about fraud but some minor detail in procedures that was set months prior to the election.

That Four Seasons piece was great. What a screw up! If MAGA Country can't laugh at that catastrophe, they are a humorless bunch indeed.

This Texas case wasn't brought up in Congress and there's a pretty good reason why it wasn't. Although the crime took place well before the election, the arrest was after the challenge to the electoral college and the subsequent riot. The RNC's time machines still aren't fully functioning, but once they are I'm sure we can fix this issue.

Just as all of these concrete examples of voter fraud were not convicted or exposed immediately, within time there will be additions to this list for 2020. Remember that proving fraud in a court of law (the apparent standard at this moment) can't be done in 75 days. Yes, Trump and Republican lawyers have lost their challenges. That doesn't mean fraud did not take place. It means in some cases the argument was poorly framed, or rejected for standing, and of course nonsensical filings.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Some may say Heritage is a partisan site, but so what? The info is rock solid and sourced independently.

It seems like there just isn't evidence for any significant fraud in this election... so I'm not sure why SGIP (and many others) won't admit that.

ren.jpg

Back