Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

shadax said:
Coleman said:
shadax said:
I just don't know about that. FR has comparably sized homes with good sized view lots for $800k-$900k.  I know about the allure of "new home", but that's quite a jump. BR won't even have those kind of views- too far down the hill.

Some people don't really value views.  I once talked to a lady from Irvine about living in Aliso Viejo and she said that when she and her husband were buying, they looked in Aliso but didn't like that you could see all of the houses on the hills.

While that may be true in some cases, view lots command a premium overall...even when you have a front-row picturesque view of giant garbage dump. So it would be even LESS if you compare with a non-view large-ish lot in FR with a comparably-sized home on it.

This isn't a views are awesome/lame argument, I'm only saying that the $1.5M price with the max square feet advertised in BR is 50%+ higher than local area comps in FR.  But the power of "new" and all those FCB's rolling in, who knows what will happen.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying.  I'd like to see what features the developers will bring that will  draw people away from houses on "a hill" other than being new.  I guess I will have to wait til 2014.

FRguy said:
simplistic629 said:
@FRGUY Do you have the specs for Toll Bros 1F? I can't find it anywhere. I hope it's in the high 2s or 3s. Thanks!

Do you mean these two?  If so, they have not been scheduled for a Planning Commission review yet so no details have been released by the builder. 

Toll Bros
Case #: SDP 4-13-3249
SFR
75 units in 1F

Toll Bros
Case #: SDP 3-13-3198
SFR
80 units in 1F

It appears SDP 3-13-3198 was approved on 7/29 at the staff level (didn't need to go through full planning commission) so the documents are only available at the Lake Forest Development Services Department.  Ron Santos is the planner for it.  When I just spoke to him he was very open to walking through the plans with me in person.  I'm sure talking to him or other planners involved with BR I can learn a lot but don't know if I want to go that badly.  If anyone wants to go I can share his contact info.

11155ht.jpg

On the corner of Bake Pkwy and Dimension, what seems to be the main entry for Baker Ranch is moving right along.

They have signage almost complete and some palm trees went in yesterday. 

Image Attached.

Attachments

• baker_ranch.JPG
    baker_ranch.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 551
aquabliss said:
I remember a long time ago on IrvineHousingBlog we had a user meet - I think I went and there was only like 4 people...

Really? When was that? I went to about 4 of them. There were pretty good turn-outs at those.

HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
Just come out and ball with Coleman or IHO..

said the person who doesn't come out to ball with Coleman or IHO.  :D

Basketball is nice because it's not like a date where you have to stare at each other and think of things to say.  Funny this is that I didn't even know Homie was Homie until I was at dinner after playing and checked my messages on TI. 

But that limits people to those who like to play.  From what I have seen, a meeting at ATB sounds good.  We can reverse park our cars and make it a car meet too. 

"Wow, look at the upgrades on this Odyssey!  I really like how they got the DVD and vacuum package." 
"Do you smell that?  That must be that purple air freshener"
"That Avalon is in good shape.  It must be pretty reliable."
"I wonder how the 4.4i performs in an SUV"
" [insert great GT3 noise here]  Here comes USC CPA"
"This car is a classic with the Baby on Board sticker!"
"Them 17s?"  "Yea, but I keep em clean."
"In 2005, I really loved the Boxster until this Cayman came out."
"I really like the leather upgrade she got.  My wife's car only has the cloth seats."
"The CSL trunk really does make the car much better looking.  I am glad to see that BMW is adding that style trunk to the new M series cars."

I'd like to give Slater's 50/50 a try.

Nope, don't have a TL.  I don't remember seeing a TL, but my friend does have a new TSX.  I have two hoopties.  One to throw my mountain bikes in the back when I go riding and another car for when I want to drive a go cart on the street. 

Shadax - are you from FR?

Tyler Durden said:
How about we do it at Crowbar or Slaters 50/50.  That way we can drink good beers?

I'm open to Tustin Brewing Co. as well, since Oktoberfest should be starting in a few weeks.

Set it up and I'll show.

Tyler Durden said:
SoCal said:
aquabliss said:
I remember a long time ago on IrvineHousingBlog we had a user meet - I think I went and there was only like 4 people...

Really? When was that? I went to about 4 of them. There were pretty good turn-outs at those.

So the question is:

When / where are the TI meets going to be scheduled?

Well, if you want to see The Mayor of TI (Iho), as Homer says, basketball is the only way even if you don't play. His Royal Highness refuses to make an appearance before the rest of us - the unwashed masses. He's a little stuck-up, it's his way or the highway.

Myself and Roundcorners did some work putting together a TI meetup for everyone before. (We weren't good enough for him, of course.) It was fairly small. RC and I had fun but I don't think either one of us would spend the time and money to do it again. He's not even here anymore. I talked to Zovall about it last year but it sounds like he prefers individuals create their own meetups vs. a TI-sanctioned meetup. So, there ya have it. Hope this helps.

Actually, I've shown up at IHB meetups at Schmidts in The District... I think that's where I first met IrvineRealtor.

The RC one was tough because I think it was on Saturday when I already had plans with the family. I don't exactly recall why I missed it... we were probably looking at the 2010 New Home Collection model homes. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
The RC one was tough because I think it was on Saturday when I already had plans with the family. I don't exactly recall why I missed it... we were probably looking at the 2010 New Home Collection model homes. :)

Hey, when folks were asking me to put together a meetup (it was before or after the one in Woodbury but definitely afterwards as well), I did ask you first, Iho, numerous times what day or time works the best for you / your family. It was important to me & I'm sure to others that you be included. I tried my very best to be considerate of your schedule & make that a top priority. I got no cooperation at all -- got nowhere with it.  You just didn't want any part of it. You can't say I didn't try, though. I made the effort.  ???

Tyler Durden said:
why don't we schedule it for when the great park models open?  That way the food is already available (as if you can really enjoy eating whatever they serve).

We know that most of the folks on here are going to be there anyway.  And just have the folks "in the know" meet up after.

That sounds like a good idea. Go on a TI walking tour of the new models.

IHO is just upset that he is third in line for Socal once she divorces 1 - Homeowner Simpson, 2 - Qwerty, 3 - IHO

Coleman said:
I'd like to give Slater's 50/50 a try.

Nope, don't have a TL.  I don't remember seeing a TL, but my friend does have a new TSX.  I have two hoopties.  One to throw my mountain bikes in the back when I go riding and another car for when I want to drive a go cart on the street. 

Shadax - are you from FR?

yep, few years now

irvinehomeowner said:
Some people just can't let things go.  :p

Quoting because this time I can't let go of it as quickly - you're right, although I will eventually. And yeah, I would feel better if you could at least acknowledge that I DID try to reach out to you multiple times. It was never my intention to choose a day that would exclude you that time or any other time. In fact, just the opposite. I'm sorry if you felt left out (I don't really believe you do, though.) I always thought we were on the same page & you knew that you were important. If this isn't so, let me know.

Also, just so I understand -- is the whole point of your reply to say that you have changed your mind and no longer against making an appearance? I think that's what you're getting at but I'm not totally sure.

Back