Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

I'm sure there is little interest in apartments on TI but in case anyone wants to know what's happening at these two sites by the toll road.  They will be reviewed at the next planning commission meeting. 

AvalonBay
Site Development Permit 5-13-3320 is a request to develop a 14.7 acre site in Planning Area 1A (North) of the Shea/Baker Ranch Area Plan (Area Plan 2-11-1732) with 430 multi-family units (apartments) in 37 buildings, with private recreational amenities, open space, and parking.  http://agenda2009.city-lakeforest.com/SIREPub/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=13645

692n2p.jpg

Meta Housing (this one will be affordable multi-family housing)
Site Development Permit 3-13-3224 is a request to develop a 6.3 acre site in Planning Area 1A (North) of the Shea/Baker Ranch Area Plan (Area Plan 2-11-1732) with 189 multi-family units in 10 buildings, with private recreational amenities, open space, and parking. http://agenda2009.city-lakeforest.com/SIREPub/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=13674

dg40uw.jpg

FRguy said:
I'm sure there is little interest in apartments on TI but in case anyone wants to know what's happening at these two sites by the toll road.  They will be reviewed at the next planning commission meeting. 

AvalonBay
Site Development Permit 5-13-3320 is a request to develop a 14.7 acre site in Planning Area 1A (North) of the Shea/Baker Ranch Area Plan (Area Plan 2-11-1732) with 430 multi-family units (apartments) in 37 buildings, with private recreational amenities, open space, and parking.  http://agenda2009.city-lakeforest.com/SIREPub/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=13645

692n2p.jpg

Meta Housing (this one will be affordable multi-family housing)
Site Development Permit 3-13-3224 is a request to develop a 6.3 acre site in Planning Area 1A (North) of the Shea/Baker Ranch Area Plan (Area Plan 2-11-1732) with 189 multi-family units in 10 buildings, with private recreational amenities, open space, and parking. http://agenda2009.city-lakeforest.com/SIREPub/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=13674

dg40uw.jpg

I may not be interested in living there but was definitely curious of what "mixed use" project would go there as I drive by it every day. Stick the apartments right next to the 241, that's a good idea for buffer!

simplistic629 said:
@FRGUY Do you have the specs for Toll Bros 1F? I can't find it anywhere. I hope it's in the high 2s or 3s. Thanks!

Do you mean these two?  If so, they have not been scheduled for a Planning Commission review yet so no details have been released by the builder. 

Toll Bros
Case #: SDP 4-13-3249
SFR
75 units in 1F

Toll Bros
Case #: SDP 3-13-3198
SFR
80 units in 1F

Wow, just spent some time looking at his twitter page.  It was a bit eerie reading his invitations to play soccer with him.  It seems like he did have some beef with "lil asian men" who I found to be some Koreans living in LF.

What a sicko. He killed his step-mother with an ax.

Kudos to the police for nabbing him so quickly!

So I talked to a realtor yesterday who told me the only new homes in Baker Ranch that will have much of a yard will be in the $1.5M+ range. He was a bit difficult for me to understand because of a heavy French accent but it sounded like he said the homes will go up to $2M. In Baker Ranch? Weird.

shadax said:
$600+ per sqft at $2m / 3,268 sqft. For some reason I don't believe it.

Perhaps I misunderstood his Frenglish to mean they will be between 1.5-2 but even that sounds a tad high. He definitely said over 1.5. I understood that for sure. He said he has a contact at Shea who has confirmed it. He has also attended all the meetings on this development. Maybe I will get in touch... or just wait until the release if I'm too lazy.

SoCal, find out more if you can (please) :) 

I'm looking specifically at the Shea development that was up to 2,300 sq feet.  Hoping I can get that plan 3 for around $850k but looks like I may be out of luck.  I also was hoping for a lesser price than Irvine homes but I have a bad feeling they will leverage this "No Mello Roos" thing to jack up the price.

irvinehomeowner said:
Unless they change the name to Irvine Ranch... going to be hard to get $2m for those homes with no yard.

Like I said, the homes that would have a good sized yard were going to be in the $1.5M range, according to him.

aquabliss said:
SoCal, find out more if you can (please) :) 

I'm looking specifically at the Shea development that was up to 2,300 sq feet.  Hoping I can get that plan 3 for around $850k but looks like I may be out of luck.  I also was hoping for a lesser price than Irvine homes but I have a bad feeling they will leverage this "No Mello Roos" thing to jack up the price.

I will give you his contact info so you can reach out to him for more info. This is the Realtor I posted about in "Pet Peeves" who is e-stalking me on Facebook. I don't want to encourage him.

I just don't know about that. FR has comparably sized homes with good sized view lots for $800k-$900k.  I know about the allure of "new home", but that's quite a jump. BR won't even have those kind of views- too far down the hill.

shadax said:
I just don't know about that. FR has comparably sized homes with good sized view lots for $800k-$900k.  I know about the allure of "new home", but that's quite a jump. BR won't even have those kind of views- too far down the hill.

Some people don't really value views.  I once talked to a lady from Irvine about living in Aliso Viejo and she said that when she and her husband were buying, they looked in Aliso but didn't like that you could see all of the houses on the hills.

Coleman said:
shadax said:

Some people don't really value views.  I once talked to a lady from Irvine about living in Aliso Viejo and she said that when she and her husband were buying, they looked in Aliso but didn't like that you could see all of the houses on the hills.

While that may be true in some cases, view lots command a premium overall...even when you have a front-row picturesque view of giant garbage dump. So it would be even LESS if you compare with a non-view large-ish lot in FR with a comparably-sized home on it.

This isn't a views are awesome/lame argument, I'm only saying that the $1.5M price with the max square feet advertised in BR is 50%+ higher than local area comps in FR.  But the power of "new" and all those FCB's rolling in, who knows what will happen.

Back