Baker Ranch in Lake Forest / Foothill Ranch

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Well... I assume Foothill Ranch is the highest elevation in Lake Forest

Actually, Portola Hills has the highest elevation in Lake Forest at approximately 1,400 feet.
That may be true but it feels like FR is higher and has better views. PH felt almost like a bowl to me (like Ladera Ranch)... and talk about boonies... whoooosh.

Drove by Baker Ranch, up Alton today. Lots of construction activity. Looks like they're grading.

SoCal said:
Drove by Baker Ranch, up Alton today. Lots of construction activity. Looks like they're grading.

Ya they are really picking up steam, trying to build those communities faster than a needle can pop a bubble (no pun intended).  I work right across the street from this development so I'm hoping to buy here.  It can probably be a blessing and a curse to live so close to work, but it will be nice to go home for lunch and see my kids.

SoCal said:
NYT said:
I happened to drive by the site today. Drove up Bake Pkwy. While I have no doubt the end product will be nice, I didn't like the fact that I was driving by a lot of business parks to get there from the 5. Seems like it's a residential neighborhood plopped down in the middle of a business zone. At least that was my first impression.

Then take Alton instead.

I drove up Alton up to the Walmart in Lake Forest ... I don't remember taking this road before and it looks like new construction on both sides of the road ... when did they open Alton from Irvine Blvd up to Portola Parkway?

fumbling said:
I drove up Alton up to the Walmart in Lake Forest ... I don't remember taking this road before and it looks like new construction on both sides of the road ... when did they open Alton from Irvine Blvd up to Portola Parkway?

Like a year ago.

fumbling said:
June 20, 2012http://lakeforest-ca.patch.com/groups/summer/p/less-than-a-week-until-alton-parkway-opens

Also, the Lake Forest extension to Laguna Canyon Road opened in March of this year.http://lagunabeach.patch.com/groups...-forest-drive-bake-parkway-extension-now-open

After viewing all the new Irvine offerings today, most of which I found quite unappealing for the price, I had a pleasant surprise when I came home and read that Baker Ranch homes will have NO MELLO ROOS!  At least not the Toll Brothers ones according to their website:http://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/Toll_Brothers_at_Baker_Ranch

Getting excited about leaving my Irvine paradise and trading up for a Toll Brothers Baker Ranch 3CG.

SoCal said:
aquabliss said:
I had a pleasant surprise when I came home and read that Baker Ranch homes will have NO MELLO ROOS!  At least not the Toll Brothers ones according to their website:http://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/Toll_Brothers_at_Baker_Ranch

Getting excited about leaving my Irvine paradise and trading up for a Toll Brothers Baker Ranch 3CG.

Where does it mention no M.R.? I've read the website but I don't see it.

Beautiful master plan community presents luxury living with resort-style amenities, easy access to employment centers, great schools, recreation areas, with no Mello-Roos, low HOA fees and taxes.

bones said:
SoCal said:
aquabliss said:
I had a pleasant surprise when I came home and read that Baker Ranch homes will have NO MELLO ROOS!  At least not the Toll Brothers ones according to their website:http://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/Toll_Brothers_at_Baker_Ranch

Where does it mention no M.R.? I've read the website but I don't see it.

Beautiful master plan community presents luxury living with resort-style amenities, easy access to employment centers, great schools, recreation areas, with no Mello-Roos, low HOA fees and taxes.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I see it now. I couldn't make out the grey on grey.

I never would have imagined that me commenting on Stonegate two months ago would hurt you so badly that you would follow me around from thread to thread still disgruntled. As the saying goes, "Hurt people hurt people." That they do... but it's time for you to move on. I have. I haven't addressed you or thought of you in quite some time now. When I expressed my thoughts on the disappointment of the neighborhood, I had no clue who you are. I had barely heard of you even though I've been here for years. I had absolutely no idea you live / own there. It was nothing personal directed towards you. You were not even on my radar at all. I hope we can move forward now.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum.  Thought I'll share some info on Baker Ranch. No info on price. 

Shea
SFR
85 units
Z Lot configuration in 1D-West
Rear Usable Yard: Smallest: 404 sq. ft., Largest: 2,627 sq. ft., ?Average: 854 sq. ft.
2 car garage.  No driveway
3 Floor Plans:
#1 - 1,568sf 3BR
#2 - 1,631sf 3BR+ office
#3 - 1,668sf 4BR

Shea
SFR
85 units in planning area 1D-West
Rear Usable Yard: Smallest: 1,082 sq. ft., Largest: 3,277 sq. ft., ?Average: 1,761 sq. ft.
2 car garage.  18'x16' driveways minimum
3 Floor Plans:
#1 - 2,095sq ft 3BR with Opt 4th
#2 - 2,177sq ft 4BR with Opt 5th
#3 - 2,374sq ft 4BR with Opt 5th

Shea
Condos
144 units in planning area 1C South
2 car garage.  No driveways
4 Floor Plans:
#1 - 1,276 sf - 2BR
#2 - 1,572 sf - 3BR
#3 - 1,611 sf - 3BR
#3x - ?1,781-1,800 sf - 4BR (includes office)

Toll Bros
SFR in 4-pack cluster
111 units in planning area 1C
Rear Usable Yard: No info
2 car garage.  18' driveways minimum
4 Floor Plans:
#1 - 1,859sq ft 4BR with Opt 5th
#2 - 2,010sq ft 4BR with Opt 5th
#3 - 2,121sq ft 4BR with Opt 5th
#4 - 2,175sq ft 4BR with Opt 5th

Toll Bros
SFR
100 units in planning area 1F
Still hasn't been approved by the planning commission so no details yet....

FR Guy nothing personal but I hope you're wrong, how accurate is your source?

Those home sizes are much smaller than I was expecting, and no 3CG :(

aquabliss said:

I got these from the agendas for the Lake Forest Planning Commission meetings.  http://www.lakeforestca.gov/services/agendas/current_agendas2.asp

You can see what has been submitted as well as when they are planning to or have been reviewed by the PC on this page.  You just have to search for Shea or Toll on the page as it covers all of the current projects by the PC.http://www.lakeforestca.gov/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=7869

Keep in mind all of the ones I listed are in the Low-Medium and Medium density areas.  The ones in the Low density are in 1B, 1G and 1E which I haven't see any details on besides the lot sizes from the master tract plan.  I don't know enough about these things to figure out how wide the lot needs to be to fit a 3CG.

One correction is the SFR for Toll Bros. where I had 100 units in 1F.  Looks like it's 2 separate projects with one for 75 units and another for 80 units both in 1F.  Neither of them have been reviewed by the PC so no additional details are avail. 

aquabliss said:

Don't worry, there are approximately 2,400 homes planned. The homes on the list above are just a fraction of that. Here is the link which indicates there will be 3 car garages including 3CWGs:
http://www.lakeforestca.gov/depts/ds/planning/op_study/site_1_baker_ranch/area_plan.asp

? Three-car Front Facing ?
o A maximum of two (2), three-car front facing plans are allowed per
neighborhood;
o Lots must be 55 feet or wider measured at the front property line;
o Offset a single garage door at least two (2) feet from a double door or provide
three single garage doors each separated by at least one (1) foot.

No new schools for all these new homes will remain a selling issue.

Here's a couple of questions....

1) You've seen the land out there. I think they are building on pure clay and / or Dolomite. I'd want to ask the builder if they've considered the chemical composition of their foundation's cement. There are plenty of cases of builders being sued for foundation issues because the ground was eating away the house because these issues weren't considered from the outset.

2) Once the home is built, are they going to dump an ocean of topsoil out there? What little that did grow out on that land were low grasses. That sustaining topsoil was scraped off for the building pads to be formed. There seems to be some growing plants off of Bake but most of that is on the hillside, maintained by the City. Just past Baker Ranch, along the toll road, you'll see what grows on that land - zip a dee doo dah - relatively speaking. What will home owners have? More cement and potted plants?

My .02c.

Back