30 Day Fitness Challenge

Have you guys ever just considered giving up and basically  having a suicide-type "fat pact" with your spouse? I have. Not the suicide part. Just the fat part. Like... "Hey. You like chips. I like cupcakes. And we both love each other. So let's have fun, hold hands, and get fat together. On your mark, get set, go."

I'm really glad I married a soft-bellied computer nerd instead of a health freak gym rat. Not only would meeting the standards of physical perfection be brutal but I find those guys are total narcissists. Except for Homer, of course. He's a sweetie.

Cubic Zirconia said:
BTW, are you joining us in the March challenge?

hell no. i love food way too much. last night i had one of those new Chili's Taco Pizza's (with Jalapenos, it was very good actually) and washed it down with some cheetos.

It's not about being a narcissist or a gym rat.  It's about living a healthy lifestyle.. I'm not saying you can't have a piece of cake or steak. I'm saying to just eat the fatty foods in moderation and stay active.

Some people enjoy being heavier and eating what they want.. Some enjoy eating healthier and looking and feeling fit.  It's all about what you want in your life.

Like i have mentioned before, I've been fat for a big part of my youth. I felt sluggish, lazy and lacked confidence.  Once I changed my diet and started being more active; my life made a complete 180. 

I pitched my idea to Mr. SoCal. Thought he'd be all over that idea like white on rice. Nope. He said he's already pushing as fat as he can. Can't do no mo. So, I said, that leaves me no choice. I have to leave him for a fatter man. He then BELCHED out the words: "OH NO." Charming!

qwerty said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
qwerty said:
CZ - didnt you say you are already at like 16% body fat? most woman average around 25-30%. you probably dont have much to lose.  i dated this girl who was very athletic who had 10-12% body fat, had a six pack. so you are near that range and cant imagine you have much to lose.

18.5% as of this morning.. and only four of the six pack out. Once I want to see all six.. So 10-12% is when the magic happens?
I gained some during Christmas.. haven't lost that yet.

wow, 4 is more than most women ever see, $hit, 1 is more than most women ever see. yeah 10-12% was the magic number, at least for her. she had good genetics, ate whatever she wanted, greasy stuff too, but she did work out a lot.

10-12%??? Jeez, that's low. Most men have a hard time getting below that.

SoCal said:
Have you guys ever just considered giving up and basically  having a suicide-type "fat pact" with your spouse? I have. Not the suicide part. Just the fat part. Like... "Hey. You like chips. I like cupcakes. And we both love each other. So let's have fun, hold hands, and get fat together. On your mark, get set, go."

I'm really glad I married a soft-bellied computer nerd instead of a health freak gym rat. Not only would meeting the standards of physical perfection be brutal but I find those guys are total narcissists. Except for Homer, of course. He's a sweetie.

My wife and I are both engineers.  The sheer sight of people at work is MORE THAN ENOUGH motivation to stay in shape.

I gotta tell this funny story.  We have a regular Roach Coach (food wagon for those who don't get the term) come to our campus every day.  This really overweight dude walks out of the building, proceeds to hop in a golf cart, drive about 50 yds while smoking, orders a gutbuster cheeseburger/fries/soda, gets back in the golf cart and eats it.

homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
Homer, are you going to post a Before & After pic for the rest of us?

Nope.  It's embarrassing  :'(

No reason to be embarrassed. It's not just you. Did you know approx. 63% of American adults are overweight or obese? (source) I bet everyone reading this is either overweight / obese themselves or has a loved one who is. It's a national epidemic.

SoCal said:
homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
Homer, are you going to post a Before & After pic for the rest of us?

Nope.  It's embarrassing  :'(

No reason to be embarrassed. It's not just you. Did you know approx. 63% of American adults are overweight or obese? (source) I bet everyone reading this is either overweight / obese themselves or has a loved one who is. It's a national epidemic.

Oh no I'm not embarrassed about that.. I meant I don't want to embarrass all the Talk Irvine men out there with my wash board abs...  :-*

jk.

I once lost 14 lbs within 2 weeks by counting daily calories. I was starving myself. The thought of cookies, which I usually dislike very much, made my mouth water. So I sort of knew, back then, how poor people in Africa were going through. It was 3 years ago. Now I've learned to be my full self.

Started my day off with some HIIT training at the high school track. 

Had some breakfast at 6 and I'm eating my second breakfast right now!

Dieting Healthy eating isn't tough... It's only EATING! :-*

March 1...  why is even the thought of being good making me crave milk chocolate hershey eggs?

Must be the spreadsheets strewn across all my monitors.

Did my morning weigh in to set a start point.    Targeting minus 8 lbs for March 31...

So do I have to download the app to join this thing?

I'm getting close to playing ball again so March 1st is good time to lose all this fat I put on the last 2 months.

Back