30 Day Fitness Challenge

MjAxMy1hMTBiYjRlYjU5ZjI2Yzhh.png

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm opposite of you all... mainly cheat meals, an occasional good meal.

FATFOLIFE!

Team IHO! Homer, turned on the work out via YouTube, huffed and puffed at Burpees, quit momentarily, modified and finished half of six weeks to six pack.. But last night elliptical melt was good..400 calories in 35 mins.

How is your workout/ diet?

Chia seeds.. Anyone knows good recipes? Right now, I soak them overnight and leave in the fridge, add to protein drink, or make a slushy with mung beans.

This cauliflower tastes like Lucky Charms.

Because I threw it out and am eating Lucky Charms.

homer_simpson said:
Whats your go to carb? Rice, Bread?  Substitute with brown rice or quinoa. 

This week it's: Expired Valentine's Day cookies from Ralph's bakery I picked up on clearance for a dollar.
If it's a dollar, give it to me.

Next question, please.

I got my first comment today since our 30-Day Binge & Purge Challenge, which I got a head-start on.

Went to do the school pickup - - another parent noticed the recent change. Basically she said I've debloated so quickly that she guessed I must be cutting carbs. Yup, yup! Good guess! I'm glad it is working.  :)

This time around, I'm just sick of doing the math counting calories. Being a carb addict, that system does work great for me. But counting was like a chore and I would have moments of panic when I forgot what my total was and didn't know what I could eat. So, now I'm just being more conscious of carbs especially ones I don't enjoy.

However, I have also stopped taking my thyroid medication (under a doctor's okay, that is.) I should avoid vegetables that interfere with thyroid function such as: soybeans, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, peanuts, brussel sprouts, etc. Gee, what's left?!

SoCal said:
I've been eating so many vegetables the last few days that I'm starting to feel physically ill looking at them.

the human body was not meant to consume vegetables.

SoCal said:
qwerty said:
SoCal said:
I've been eating so many vegetables the last few days that I'm starting to feel physically ill looking at them.

the human body was not meant to consume vegetables.

Lucky Charms, then?

Lucky charms is just fine. Excellent taste. Right now we have lucky charms and trix.

homer_simpson said:
Does anyone want to do a 30 Day Fitness Challenge?
The challenge will begin on March 1st 2013.

OH EM GEE.

I JUST noticed we weren't supposed to begin until March 1!!!  :eek: Somehow I missed that part. I thought we were keeping track since the day the post went up. I was just coming here to suggest we post our official Week 1 results.

Well. We can always pick up then.

It's been 1 week exactly since the challenge was created. I'm down exactly 5 lbs.!

I worked hard to focus on eating very healthy and limiting portion sizes except for Saturday when I decided to give myself a cheat breakfast which turned into an all-day cheat-a-thon. However, I didn't really enjoy it was much as I thought I would. Sunday I was back on track, doing well.

It might be a bad sign when you don't remember the name of the gym where you have a membership.  ???
CZ - did we join 24 Hour Fitness??

Iho: If you could snap your fingers and instantly be at your ideal weight, how much would you have lost?

Homer: How would your body change to meet your ideal vision for yourself if time and maintenance were no matter?

CZ: Which celebrity's body would you most like to have?

Kubert13: Any of the above for you.

At least 50-70 pounds... although I wouldn't mind losing less if I had more muscle than fat.

The funny thing is, the extra weight helps in basketball, I'm harder to move... when I set a pick... you aren't going through it.

h5B61DC2C

Okay, I'm in.  I had started a nice routine of pool laps at LA Fitness 3X a week, then I got the flu.  Now I need to start over.  In the same camp as IHO, needing to shed my comfortably married weight, we had a baby weight, the baby is a toddler weight and the I'm stress at work weight.

nosuchreality said:
Okay, I'm in.  I had started a nice routine of pool laps at LA Fitness 3X a week, then I got the flu.  Now I need to start over.  In the same camp as IHO, needing to shed my comfortably married weight, we had a baby weight, the baby is a toddler weight and the I'm stress at work weight.

You can do it!

SoCal said:
Not feeling so great. I've been eating so many vegetables the last few days that I'm starting to feel physically ill looking at them. Cravings are kicking in for me. I gave in to them yesterday but didn't let it destroy my entire day. Right now I'm eating roasted cauliflower that I made last night (my very favorite veggie dish) but even my normal favorite is making me sick. I'm MAXED out on vegetables. I think I will give myself a break tomorrow. Which brings me to my next question:

Do you give yourself a fat day? If an entire day is too much, do you give yourself a cheat meal randomly or on a scheduled basis?

What diet plan are you guys following?  What kind of carb restriction are you doing?

Previously I did Atkins with great success.  Zone with moderate success (food prep did me in).  South Beach to an utter failure (wrong timing couldn't get the induction done).

Overall now I just try to eat sensibly but snacking is my weakness.  It does no good to have the veggies instead of chow mein with with Panda plate if you then find yourself getting a Cadbury Creme Egg.

As for carbs, have you tried the whole grain substituting?  For mexican, La Tortilla Factory makes high fiber low carb tortillas that I find remarkably tasty and close in taste to the high carb thing.  I know on low carb sites, finding a reasonable bread substitute is literally a multi-million dollar idea.  That said, I think there is a San Diego bakery that does low carb bread and delivers on a weekly run to OC.  (Must go look again).  Or if we have bread junkies in the group (that's me), could trade off a weekly run to La Jolla.

Personally, cooking for the family and dieting is easily 20X harder than doing it yourself, IMHO.  Food boredom is more tolerable and you can more readily distract yourself and remove yourself from temptation.

Oh, looks like the market has changed. Anybody try this stuff?  http://www.julianbakery.com/  Looks like Mother's and Whole Foods carries it.

Oh my 9g fiber per slice,http://www.julianbakery.com/bread-product/carbzero-cinnamon/I see visions of SNL's Colon Blow

I eat the La Factory Tortillas every day.  They sell them at Costco (Big Tortillas) not the small ones.  80 Calories each and very very low carb.  You subtract the dietary fiber from the carb which lowers it even more.

I do Quinoa over white/brown rice now.  I add edamame into the Quinoa with some chicken broth and that's a great side dish paired with Chicken or Turkey.

Back