30 Day Fitness Challenge

Cubic Zirconia said:
Thanks SoCal..
BTW, since this is a 30-day challenge, I would love to see IR/ IHO/ Qwerty/ USC and others to join in too.. I have a feeling that it's only me, SoCal and Homer on these fitness threads barring Starlight's guest appearance.

Kubert13 also said he/she is in.

Come on the rest of you fatties! Let's go!! This means you!

Socal - Yep she is.. We'll be eating the same meals.. her portions are probably larger  :p

PS9- What's work?  FCB's do not work!

CZ - That 30 day shred does seem interesting... Let me know when you start and I'll keep the motivation going!!

Any other fatties wanna join in??

SoCal said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
Thanks SoCal..
BTW, since this is a 30-day challenge, I would love to see IR/ IHO/ Qwerty/ USC and others to join in too.. I have a feeling that it's only me, SoCal and Homer on these fitness threads barring Starlight's guest appearance.

Kubert13 also said he/she is in.

Come on the rest of you fatties! Let's go!! This means you!

Yes, I (he) am in.

I appreciate you guys being open about your fitness progress and shortcomings.  It's definitely difficult to keep the "fit" lifestyle with all the time constraints that we have.  My wife and I are part of Equinox (yes, super expensive).  The classes and instructors there are just so impressive that it encourages us to continue to stay fit.

I don't take classes in the gym anymore. The phone rings constantly- between two kids and work, it's not easy to turn it off for an hour sunrise to sunset. Would love to take spinning classes again.. there was a time when I was addicted to spinning and pilates. These days it's hardly 1-2 days of strength training over the weekend, and some cardio on Wednesdays if possible.  If the weather is good, I can at least fit in a late night walk.

Is there anything you guys refuse to give up no matter how healthy the rest of your diet is?

I refuse to give up coffee with creamer. I find that when I get too restrictive, I get derailed. So, I've just succumbed to the fact I have to have it. My diet will never be perfect (like Homer's) but I'm aiming for better than it was.

I am feeling so much better since I cut out a lot of the useless carbs from my diet. These are things I don't even enjoy but eat without thinking about it -- like rice, for example. If you don't crave it, why eat it!? I'm saving myself for only things I HAVE to have. I admit to having some cookies yesterday. Sweets are a problem for me. I don't care about fries or chips but if it's a cookie or brownie then I'm in trouble. I'm definitely not gorging myself, though. I'm doing great most of the time.

I feel SO much less bloated. The scale is dropping rapidly for me now. I'm sure it's just fluid retention but I feel more comfortable.

I also drink Coffee with Cream... but I don't go to town with it...  I use at most 2 tablespoons a day and I use splenda....  <--- probably gonna kill me..

Last few days has been so so for me.  Cleaning up the Lay's taste test has pretty much delayed my fat loss  :p

Starting March 1st I will be more aggressive and focused with leaning up.  I'll be the guy interval training at the local high school track near you!

OK, joined the Talk Irvine group on MFP.

I also can't give up cream/sugar in the coffee.  I usually only use a very small amount of creamer coupled with a mix of sweetener and sugar.  Another one of my pitfalls is definitely pizza.

One thing that I've been working on this year is portion control.  I tend to always eat WAY more than I actually need because my mind thinks it needs more food.

If you don't have time for the gym...

Do this workout!

5359BB78-6E4B-4C9A-86E1-F62F1206F232-17773-0000126C6C3F6D61_zps3aa4d2b9.jpg

Cubic Zirconia said:
Kulbert: I have successfully moved my kids to this pizza from the overly cheesy/fatty ones: Palermo's margherita from Costco's frozen section.http://www.palermospizza.com/primo-thin/margherita-nutrition.html

Cool!  I've also taken to making my own pizzas at home with whole wheat thin muffins or using dough, pepperonis, cheese and pizza sauce.  It's a lot healthier, plus tastes really good when it comes out correctly.

But...man...do I miss those Costco-brand pizzas.  I particularly miss them when there is a Costco coupon for $3 off a whole take-and-bake pizza.

Also, Papa John's is also another guilty pleasure.  Especially since PJ is doing a promotion in conjunction with Lakers games...

MmmmMmmm. I'm at Daphne's in F.R. for lunch. I love gyro and fire roasted vegetables. I wish they had warned me first but they put pita bread with mine. I don't like bread except for this and Indian naan. I don't know what I'm going to do about that... Pray for me.

Ok, I couldn't wait till March to kick start :)
Starting today, slow carbs are back! Made a very spicy bowl of sprouted mung beans for lunch, ate with Fage. Feels good not to give in to rice!

Not feeling so great. I've been eating so many vegetables the last few days that I'm starting to feel physically ill looking at them. Cravings are kicking in for me. I gave in to them yesterday but didn't let it destroy my entire day. Right now I'm eating roasted cauliflower that I made last night (my very favorite veggie dish) but even my normal favorite is making me sick. I'm MAXED out on vegetables. I think I will give myself a break tomorrow. Which brings me to my next question:

Do you give yourself a fat day? If an entire day is too much, do you give yourself a cheat meal randomly or on a scheduled basis?

You are suppose to mix it up so you don't get sick of one thing.

Whats your go to carb? Rice, Bread?  Substitute with brown rice or quinoa. 

My cheat meals aren't planned.. they just happen.  One cheat meal here and there won't harm your progress.. just dont make it a habit.

Back