30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

I am consuming around 2100 a day.  Had to bump it back up because I was losing weight too fast and the muscle mass was going with it. 

The great thing about lean meat is that you can consume more because its a lot lower in calories.  I stock up on chicken tenderloins, top sirloin, turkey breast and shrimp.

When I cant find a specific item in MFP I piece it together.  Always overestimate on calories :)

1200 calories is pretty low, I would eat like 1-200 under your TDEE and ramp up some workouts!

Day 2 Planned out:

Breakfast: Trader Joes fiber toast(s) and some almond butter.

Postworkout: whey protein (intek)

Lunch: 1 cup of brown rice, 10 ounces of grilled shrimp with some garlic and lighty soy sauce and a cup of steamed broccoli.

Lunch 2: 1/2 cup of white rice, 8 ounces of homemade lean ground turkey meatballs and a cup of steamed broccoli.

Snack: 17 Almonds

Dinner: 1/2 cup of white rice, 10 ounces of baked salmon, squeeze of lemon and 1/4 cup of kale.

Workout: StairMaster.  Will be doing 30 minutes with no holding onto the rails.  Then 20 minutes of triceps and back workouts... dips, rows, pullups...

I got some sandwich thins and fresh deli turkey cold cuts from Albertsons planned out for tomorrow. 

Today was hard, had leftover Luna grill and was really tempted to eat the fluffy rice under my flat cut chicken.  But I toughed it out.  :) 

Got home and carried a 42 pack of water from my car to the kitchen,  what a workout!

FARMMMMMIE said:
Day 2 Planned out:

Breakfast: Trader Joes fiber toast(s) and some almond butter.

Postworkout: whey protein (intek)

Lunch: 1 cup of brown rice, 10 ounces of grilled shrimp with some garlic and lighty soy sauce and a cup of steamed broccoli.

Lunch 2: 1/2 cup of white rice, 8 ounces of homemade lean ground turkey meatballs and a cup of steamed broccoli.

Snack: 17 Almonds

Dinner: 1/2 cup of white rice, 10 ounces of baked salmon, squeeze of lemon and 1/4 cup of kale.

Workout: StairMaster.  Will be doing 30 minutes with no holding onto the rails.  Then 20 minutes of triceps and back workouts... dips, rows, pullups...

Omg Farmmie - yum!! Can we come over for meals with you? Thanks for posting your daily meals - it gives me meal ideas  :) I totally forgot about the turkey meatballs in my freezer until I saw your menu today. I'm trying to stick to my 1200 daily goal because so far in 2 weeks lost 7 lbs just sticking to MFP and that daily goal. I'm sure 50% of that was water weight but I'll take it.

When you hit a plateau, refeed your self with a nice cheat meal and continue as you were. 

The step machine at LA Fitness killed me today.  20 minutes not holding on the bars at an Interval pace killed my quads.  Did dips, pull ups, leg press and some skull crushers too.

Hope everyone's diet is going well!  It's almost beach body season!

qwerty said:
TCCC and Farmie should have a posedown. Socal, Bones and Paris can pick the winner.

Pass. You, Farmie, and Iho. Mix the pics up with a few random ones from the internet then let us guess who's who.

lnc said:
qwerty said:
lnc said:
shrink my waist from 33" to 29".

keep this kind of non-sense to yourself or just PM farmie and TCCC. dont you know how these statements make me and IHO feel? you are just as bad as Paris' tormentor :)

I should have said 29" pant size instead of waist size.  Never actually measure my waist.

And sorry Qwerty, doesn't meant to torment.  I love Taco Bell and other junk food just as much as anyone else but it's just that I'm constantly watch my weight and work out regularly in order to continue my eating habit. 

Dang, that is tiny. By the way, men's sizes don't come in odd numbers. Only even. Are you shopping in junior's or something? I was just at the store tonight buying my kid a bunch of bigger clothes and it made me think about this post. He has graduated to a men's 28" waist now except he is still in elementary school. But he's close to 5'8"! Skinny! He can only wear them with a belt because they are just an inch or so too large to stay on his waist. Unless you are a really petite guy, I think 29" (I think you mean 28) is too small. How tall are you?

Day 3:

Breakfast: Trader Joes fiber toast(s), 3 egg whites and 2 eggs.

Postworkout: Skipping this. Saving Calories and Macros

Lunch: 1 pack of Ramen Noodles pan fried. 8oz 95/5% lean ground beef, fat free cheese.  Ramen Burger!!

Lunch 2:  Skipping lunch 2. Saving Calories and Macros

Snack: Skipping Snack. Saving Calories and Macros

Dinner: 10 oz Tomahawk Pork Chop, Bone Marrow Pot Pie @ Chi Spacca.

Workout: I'll be 1 repping my Squats, Deadlifts today.  I'll freestyle the other exercises.

Lost 2.4 lbs so far (beer weight), caught a cold so my immune system will be kicking it up a notch in calories burned.  Miss my rice.  Not cranky yet.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think my thigh wears a 28".

It's all about that bass.

Seriously. Unless you're a skinny, growing teenager, 28" is unreasonable, imo. I even get worried about my boy being that skinny. I mean, he wears a men's 10.5 shoe (and still has a LOT of growing to left to do!) is probably measuring around a 26 or 27" waist.  His spine looks like a pearl necklace. :( I can't imagine why a grown man / husband / father would want to achieve that but I am going to guess the men on this site are probably on the short or very short side which then might make a little bit of sense.

On another note - One thing I've been surprised about is body issues with guys. I thought only girls had that until I was an adult and my 300# BFF said the day he stepped on the scale and it read 300, he wept. He is dead now (NOT weight related) but when he was alive, he would talk openly about his weight issues. Now even at this age my son is at (elementary), his chunky BFF, has expressed how it's not fair that he plays a lot of sports while my son plays none yet he is heavy while my son looks athletic. It is really sad. During the summer when I take them to do water stuff like water guns in the yard or the pool, he won't take his shirt off like the other boys because he is self-conscious. I think this is absolutely nothing to worry about and it makes me sad that it is holding him back. Life is too short. Who cares. Just enjoy it and don't stress.

Feeling guilty - went to a kids bday party today and ate a piece of bday cake. Completely went over my sugar goal for the day  :-[  Tomorrow will have to cut back BIG time on the sugar. At least had a good workout this am to balance it all out.

Paris said:
Feeling guilty - went to a kids bday party today and ate a piece of bday cake. Completely went over my sugar goal for the day  :-[  Tomorrow will have to cut back BIG time on the sugar. At least had a good workout this am to balance it all out.

Paris, you'll be fine!  Remember to try and win the week and not just the day. 

I had a pretty big cheat meal last night too.  Going to do some cardio and ease up on my caloric intake today!

Happy easter!

Monday and back on it!

Breakfast: Trader Joes fiber toast(s), 3 egg whites and 2 eggs.

Postworkout: Intek Whey Protein

Lunch: Trader Joes whole wheat buns, 2 lean turkey patties, lettuce, tomatoes, baby spinach.

Lunch 2:  Sweet kale salad (cranberries, pumpkin seeds, light dressing).

Snack: 17 mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans).

Dinner: 1 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of squash, 1/2 cup of carrots, 10oz of Salmon.

Workout: Full Body Routine.

so I cannot pose with SoCal written on my abs. may get banned for harassment.

any way, Paris, typical woman consumes 2000 calories a day, at 1200, in theory you are on pace to lose 1.5 lb of fat per week (3500 calories per 1 lb of fat).

However, it seems like your calorie deficit is purely from food and there is a lack of exercise - you will lose muscles which is undesirable.

given the busy schedule you have, you should complement your diet plan with highly efficient full body exercises. I would recommend Kettlebell exercises that can be done at home when kids are asleep.

Starts with the classical 2-hand swing. Kettlebell + HIIT can burn 400 calories over 20 minutes. From the muscle activation picture below, you can see it covers a lot of muscle groups. For chest and arms you can use dumbbells.

MuscleAnatomyKettleBellSwing-300x255.png

So increase your calorie intake by let's say 300 (75g of protein) and burn additional 400 calories through exercise. Your body will look better than way.

for Costco members, there are coupons for Ab Cut CLA and green tea fat burner starting April 9. The April coupon book is almost as good as Janurary's, which also has garcinia cambogia at discount. Out of the 3, I think garcina cambogia helps the most.

I am exercising every day but it's mostly high intensity cardio. I really need to add in more strength training. Thinking about getting a trainer for that to learn good form and learn about the best routine for me to hit all those trouble spots.

Just got done with day 1 of insanity - whew!!- I am so not ready for Shaun T :-[

SoCal said:
I thought only girls had that until I was an adult and my 300# BFF said the day he stepped on the scale and it read 300, he wept. He is dead now (NOT weight related) but when he was alive, he would talk openly about his weight issues.

IHO is dead???

Back