30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

darsh09 said:
Paris, I would recommend Corey Beasley at Innovative Results. He helped my brother lose 60 lbs over the last year and a half.http://innovative-results.com/

Thanks, I'll check him out. Is he pricey? At least a few session to learn form would be nice given I'm always been good with cardio, not so much on the strength training

looks like CrossFit training to me. CrossFit utilizes a variety of training equipments and methods beyond the traditional cardio and weight training.
It is less mundane and the body may react better to variety of exercises.

Any way, the most important factor to fitness is WILL. if you have what it takes mentally, any diet or exercise programs will succeed.

This low calorie rice thing might be helpful. :)

Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Rice like other starch-heavy foods, it has one central flaw: it isn't that good for you. White rice consumption, in particular, has been linked to a higher risk of diabetes. A cup of the cooked grain carries with it roughly 200 calories, most of which comes in the form of starch, which turns into sugar, and often thereafter body fat.

An undergraduate student at the College of Chemical Sciences in Sri Lanka and his mentor have been tinkering with a new way to cook rice that can reduce its calories by as much as 50 percent and even offer a few other added health benefits

What they found is that by adding a lipid (coconut oil in this case, because it's widely used in Sri Lanka) ahead of cooking the rice, and then cooling the rice immediately after it was done, they were able to drastically change its composition?and for the better.

lnc said:
This low calorie rice thing might be helpful. :)

Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Rice like other starch-heavy foods, it has one central flaw: it isn't that good for you. White rice consumption, in particular, has been linked to a higher risk of diabetes. A cup of the cooked grain carries with it roughly 200 calories, most of which comes in the form of starch, which turns into sugar, and often thereafter body fat.

An undergraduate student at the College of Chemical Sciences in Sri Lanka and his mentor have been tinkering with a new way to cook rice that can reduce its calories by as much as 50 percent and even offer a few other added health benefits

What they found is that by adding a lipid (coconut oil in this case, because it's widely used in Sri Lanka) ahead of cooking the rice, and then cooling the rice immediately after it was done, they were able to drastically change its composition?and for the better.

Wow interesting, so do you put cocunut oil into the water when cooking the rice in the rice cooker? And how much cocunut oil? Will have to research this more given rice is a staple food in our family

The California Court Company said:
or Paris can ask DH for helphttp://www.womansday.com/relationships/sex-tips/advice/a1922/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923/

Undressing: 8+ calories total
Massaging: 80+ calories per hour
Having Sex: 144+ calories per half-hour
Giving Oral Sex: 100 calories per half-hour
Using Your Hands: 100 calories per hour
Romantic Dancing: 103 calories per half-hour
Making Out: 238 calories per half-hour

so keep your clothes on!

Will have to pass this info on to the hubs. Where's qwerty - thought he'd be all over this  :)
Only 144 calories burned for sex every half hour??  :eek: I thought it would be much more than that - and who does that for a straight half hour anyway? sounds exhausting

All right, count me in, target 3-5 lbs weight loss,

1)  walk faster to and from school (~30 minutes)
2). No beer
3). No rice
4). No fun

ps9 said:

2). No beer
3). No rice
4). No fun

No beer? No fun?  Tomorrow is April fools. Not today.

ps9 said:

2). No beer
3). No rice
4). No fun

The challenge starts tomorrow.  Hence today you can indulge in Beer and Rice.  Your wife might be more amenable to fun after the weight loss  >:D

1st day of challenge and wife made me a bacon/egg breakfast sandwich.  How can I say no to freshly nuked bacon?

Paris said:
darsh09 said:
Paris, I would recommend Corey Beasley at Innovative Results. He helped my brother lose 60 lbs over the last year and a half.http://innovative-results.com/

Thanks, I'll check him out. Is he pricey? At least a few session to learn form would be nice given I'm always been good with cardio, not so much on the strength training
If price is an issue, you can join 24 hour fitness and do the free goup classes. If 24 hour fitness is over the budget, you can "shadow/follow" a random boot camp at a park. This way you get the boot camp feel, but you get a free work out. I heard helarious stories how people do that.

Going to kick my training/nutrition into a higher gear starting today! Everyone ready?

Breakfast: 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs, turkey bacon and fiber toast.

Postworkout: whey protein (intek)

Lunch: 1 cup of brown rice, 8 ounces of grilled chicken tenderloins, 1/2 cup of sauteed spinach and a coke zero.

Lunch 2: 1/2 cup of brown rice, 4 ounces of grilled chicken tenderloins, 1/2 cup of baked squash/zuchinni.

Snack: Trader Joes Sourcream Puffs

Dinner: 2 cups Spinach salad and 8 ounces of top sirloin steak.

Workout today will be: Full Body routine, Squats, Bench, Rows, OHP, Deadlifts, Curls

FARMMMMMIE said:
Going to kick my training/nutrition into a higher gear starting today! Everyone ready?

Breakfast: 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs, turkey bacon and fiber toast.

Postworkout: whey protein (intek)

Lunch: 1 cup of brown rice, 8 ounces of grilled chicken tenderloins, 1/2 cup of sauteed spinach and a coke zero.

Lunch 2: 1/2 cup of brown rice, 4 ounces of grilled chicken tenderloins, 1/2 cup of baked squash/zuchinni.

Snack: Trader Joes Sourcream Puffs

Dinner: 2 cups Spinach salad and 8 ounces of top sirloin steak.

Workout today will be: Full Body routine, Squats, Bench, Rows, OHP, Deadlifts, Curls

Wow! This looks like a delicious day of meals - steak, cream puffs, lunch 1 and 2! How many calories a day is your goal? Guys have it so much easier getting into shape  :( my daily calorie intake right now is 1200

On day 1 of our challenge anyone have some great tips for weight loss and staying fit? What works for you? Reasonable suggestions - not work out 3 times a day which isn't realistic for most of us. 

And day 1 went out to lunch at R&D kitchen newport with a friend and how do Olof on my spinach Waldorf chicken salad into MFP? Trying to log in my intakes accurately can be.

Back