30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

gaogi said:
SoCal said:
I thought only girls had that until I was an adult and my 300# BFF said the day he stepped on the scale and it read 300, he wept. He is dead now (NOT weight related) but when he was alive, he would talk openly about his weight issues.

IHO is dead???
Yeah... I'm just haunting yaliu and HeWhoShallNotBeNamed.

Breakfast: 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs, cottage cheese, 1 slice of toast.

Postworkout: Intek Whey

Lunch: 10oz Rib Eye, 1 cup brown rice and 1 cup Broccoli

Snack: 17 Cashews

Lunch 2: 1 cup of Spinahc, 1/3 cup of Mozarrela cheese, 4 oz of chicken tenderloins

Dinner: ????

regarding guys infatuated with their waist line, it is all about the 6 pack and Adonis belt, and also the swimmer's V shape upper body.

4287653-b5dd885f9b9ac9bb645cf5537a558e3b.jpg

Ok I'm out, did a week with no beer no rice... then spring break hits so there goes my morning walk.  Avoiding rice is pretty much impossible in my daily routine.  That didn't last a week.  I was able to hold out on beer for 10 days though.. and only gave in because of our trip to Seaworld.

ps9 said:
Ok I'm out, did a week with no beer no rice... then spring break hits so there goes my morning walk.  Avoiding rice is pretty much impossible in my daily routine.  That didn't last a week.  I was able to hold out on beer for 10 days though.. and only gave in because of our trip to Seaworld.

You have time for a morning walk? How many hours do you sleep?

despite exercising 2 hrs a day, and only eat complex carb, my body fat % doesn't budge much. Getting below 10% is really really hard. I am going to do zero carb diet for the next 2 weeks to force my body burn fat. Absolutely no carbohydrate except from dark green vegetables. no fruits, no milk....

The California Court Company said:
despite exercising 2 hrs a day, and only eat complex carb, my body fat % doesn't budge much. Getting below 10% is really really hard. I am going to do zero carb diet for the next 2 weeks to force my body burn fat. Absolutely no carbohydrate except from dark green vegetables. no fruits, no milk....

Some of it is genetics man, remember, you are not black :)

The California Court Company said:

10% or less body fat it is very hard to achieve.  And  if you are over 30, it is even harder.  With all the regular work out and dieting, I barely able to maintain between 15% to 20%.  My hat's off to you for the effort, you 10%er. :)

so my body just bid farewell to carbs last night. whole wheat pasta and 1 serving of frozen fruit smoothie.

today's meal
1. breakfast: omelet (10 servings of egg white, 2 whole eggs, 2 slices of American cheese, mushrooms and spinach), 1 cup of unsweetened soy milk from 99 Ranch.
Saved 30% of Omelet for later.

2. morning snack: 1 Oz of peanuts

3. pre-work out: 2 boiled whole eggs

4. lunch: 4 beef meatballs, 4 oz of seasoned chicken breast and 1 cup of Normandy style frozen veggie

5. afternoon snack: left over omelet from breakfast

6. dinner: same as lunch, but replace frozen veggie with spinach salad with ranch dressing and sprinkled with sesame seeds

7. bedtime snack: cottage cheese

carb sources: carrots and ranch dressing..

supplements
1x fish oil, 1x flaxseed oil, 1x multivitamin and 3x Cayenne Extra Hot (100,000 heat unit, 1 per meal)

Morning exercise (15 minutes)
inverted pull ups and push ups

Mid-day workout (80 minutes)
shoulder and back; cardio

Evening exercise (25 minutes)
core (ab wheels, floor exercises..etc)

I also want to build muscle too..so switching my 14 day ketosis induction into CKD (cyclical ketogenic diet) - 6 days of zero carb to induce ketosis and lose fat, and 1 day of carb loading to replenish glycogen. So yes, on the 7th day I will be pouring over the junk food thread to look for things to indulge in  ;)

after I reach my goal of 8% body fat, I guess I will go to TKD (targeted ketogenic diet); only eat carbs before and after weight training.

Losing fat and gaining muscle... almost impossible unless you got some noob gains..

Must be some hardcore cycling..

8% bf is a dream to me... reality is 13%  :-\

Breakfast: 2 orowheat thins with 1 tbsp of cookie butter and some bcaa.

Lunch: 1 cup of white rice, 1 cup of broccoli and 10 oz of turkey meatballs

Snack: bag of pop chips (jalapeno flavored)

Lunch 2: 2 cups of kale and 8oz of salmon

Dinner: 1 cup of white rice, 1 cup of spinach and 12oz of lean ground bison.

For us "mature" guys trying to get under 40% body fat,  :p is lifting heavy weights the only way to gain back enough muscle to burn more calories?  Or can doing own body weight exercises like pushups, etc. be enough?

irvinehusky said:
For us "mature" guys trying to get under 40% body fat,  :p is lifting heavy weights the only way to gain back enough muscle to burn more calories?  Or can doing own body weight exercises like pushups, etc. be enough?
When you get to my girth, "lifting heavy weights" equals "own body weight". :)

irvinehusky said:

If you are a complete noob, body weights like pushups and pull ups will work wonders.  Eventually you'll hit a wall and thats when you can start the weights.

If you want to do it right, I would start off with weights.  Do a full body routine like I do and eat at a caloric deficit.  With the weight lifting it'll help you "keep" as much muscle during your weight/fat loss.  Keep your proteins and carbs high...

irvinehusky said:

i wouldnt go to heavy. just do 3 sets of 10 at 225 three times per week.  that will be good for maintenance.

i should post picture of my calves to make you guys jealous :)

15 fries today, down from 17.

if you start with 40% body fat in a mature age, I would do moderate full body exercises to maintain muscle mass and to prevent any joint and tandem damages. Majority of the weight loss should come from diet - ideally losing 2 lbs a week, like 700 calorie from diet, 300 from exercise per day. Cutting 700 calorie is easy if you just stop eating carbs.

I am not bulking up; just trying to gain lean muscle mass while trying to get body fat into single digit - I will be happy with 1 lb of muscle gain per month.

FARMMMMMIE said:
Losing fat and gaining muscle... almost impossible unless you got some noob gains..

Must be some hardcore cycling..

8% bf is a dream to me... reality is 13%  :-\

Breakfast: 2 orowheat thins with 1 tbsp of cookie butter and some bcaa.

Lunch: 1 cup of white rice, 1 cup of broccoli and 10 oz of turkey meatballs

Snack: bag of pop chips (jalapeno flavored)

Lunch 2: 2 cups of kale and 8oz of salmon

Dinner: 1 cup of white rice, 1 cup of spinach and 12oz of lean ground bison.

Back