30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

Paris -- that is unbelievably rude of that guy and completely inappropriate. I'm sorry you are dealing with such a rude individual. This really isn't about you but about him. One of the best things you can say if he suggests you lose weight is, "Let's do it together!"

Unfortunately, I have had several toxic people plus one irrational, mentally ill parent in my life so I know how you feel. I really enjoy Marie Dubuque's channel on Youtube. She gives some great advice on how to deal with irrational people. I'm not much into "self-help" but she is a life coach, just fyi. Here are a few that deal with the situation you find yourself in. (Warning: her videos are addicting.) She is good at offering strategies. One big point is that it's best to have a plan before you encounter that person again. I hope this helps!

I'd love to join the challenge however I am leaving on my week-long cruise on April 4. Somehow, I don't think 24/7 room service and buffets will be conducive to weight loss. Although, I have been trying (and failing) since January. Maybe I will join you guys when I get back.

I am in!
the goal is to drop my body fat from 10% to 8% in 30 days. ultimate goal is able to do 20 straight unassisted pull ups and bench press 1.5x my body weight.

SoCal said:
Paris -- that is unbelievably rude of that guy and completely inappropriate. I'm sorry you are dealing with such a rude individual. This really isn't about you but about him. One of the best things you can say if he suggests you lose weight is, "Let's do it together!"

Unfortunately, I have had several toxic people plus one irrational, mentally ill parent in my life so I know how you feel. I really enjoy Marie Dubuque's channel on Youtube. She gives some great advice on how to deal with irrational people. I'm not much into "self-help" but she is a life coach, just fyi. Here are a few that deal with the situation you find yourself in. (Warning: her videos are addicting.) She is good at offering strategies. One big point is that it's best to have a plan before you encounter that person again. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the support guys - at first I thought "am I being irrational or overly sensitive" but nice to know it is totally inappropriate.

The background to this story is that this is my husband's brother from another mother - they grew up together and I don 't want to come between that close bond. And that he's our business partner in a large business so very intertwined relationship there. And in our younger days I was "the girl interest" between these 2 friends - thank God I chose my husband over him - best choice of my life. So now I don 't know why he's like that. Is it because we're all so comfortable with each other he feels like he can be brutally honest? He's alway commenting on my appearance in some way - whether it's what I'm wearing, or how I look. Why is it any if his business??? I guess I'm too fat for him now although just 10 years ago he was sending me valentine's day cards.  ::)

Anyway thought it'd be interesting to bring up that background. SoCal thanks for the video link - I will definitely check it out because I know I'll be dealing with this crap again soon.

But onto better things - it's nice to be on this challenge with others. And SoCal I'm sure you'll be joining us after your cruise but yes you must indulge on that cruise - or else what's the point of a cruise?

Paris - if you still feel down and out, i offer free packages, large ones at that :) to the ladies of TI to help improve their morale, or self esteem, or just want to feel better after a long day :)

IHO Summary:

He's still in love with you and is jealous you didn't choose him so he insults you to make himself feel better that he didn't "win".*

*I have no idea but that's my SoCal Reality Show spin on it.

qwerty said:
Paris - if you still feel down and out, i offer free packages, large ones at that :) to the ladies of TI to help improve their morale, or self esteem, or just want to feel better after a long day :)

Dr. Qwerty teaches - let me help you feel better 101

The California Court Company said:
I am in!
the goal is to drop my body fat from 10% to 8% in 30 days. ultimate goal is able to do 20 straight unassisted pull ups and bench press 1.5x my body weight.

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

good luck. at one point i was 210-220 with about 13% body fat. now i feel like shooting myself :-(

TCCC and Farmie should have a posedown. Socal, Bones and Paris can pick the winner.

Paris said:
SoCal said:

Thanks for the support guys - at first I thought "am I being irrational or overly sensitive" but nice to know it is totally inappropriate.

The background to this story is that this is my husband's brother from another mother - they grew up together and I don 't want to come between that close bond. And that he's our business partner in a large business so very intertwined relationship there. And in our younger days I was "the girl interest" between these 2 friends - thank God I chose my husband over him - best choice of my life. So now I don 't know why he's like that. Is it because we're all so comfortable with each other he feels like he can be brutally honest? He's alway commenting on my appearance in some way - whether it's what I'm wearing, or how I look. Why is it any if his business??? I guess I'm too fat for him now although just 10 years ago he was sending me valentine's day cards.  ::)

Anyway thought it'd be interesting to bring up that background. SoCal thanks for the video link - I will definitely check it out because I know I'll be dealing with this crap again soon.

But onto better things - it's nice to be on this challenge with others. And SoCal I'm sure you'll be joining us after your cruise but yes you must indulge on that cruise - or else what's the point of a cruise?

#doesntSoundRight

Paris - sounds like your husbands pal does have a thing for you. you only tease women you have an interest in sleeping with. the fact that he is a business partner really messes things up.  you should just approach him directly (leave your husband out of it) and let him know how his comments make you feel. he will tone it down after that (hopefully).

qwerty said:
Paris - sounds like your husbands pal does have a thing for you. you only tease women you have an interest in sleeping with. the fact that he is a business partner really messes things up.  you should just approach him directly (leave your husband out of it) and let him know how his comments make you feel. he will tone it down after that (hopefully).

Expect an invoice from Qwerty to arrive in the mail for the consultation fee. Jk

I think you missed a zero. No one can survive a 300 calories diet.

FARMMMMMIE said:
I'm currently eating 300 calories under my TDEE to minimize muscle and strength loss. 

Guess my wording was all screwed up LOL.  I'm not on a 300 calorie diet.  My TDEE is 2300 calories and I'm eating 300 calories less.  So I'm consuming 2000 calories a day. 

Don't think I'll have the strength to post on TI if I was on a 300 calorie diet lol

qwerty said:
I am in!

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

good luck. at one point i was 210-220 with about 13% body fat. now i feel like shooting myself :-(

TCCC and Farmie should have a posedown. Socal, Bones and Paris can pick the winner.

I'm roughly around 15-16%, would love to drop to 11-12% by summer time!

i dont know how you guys sustain that. you must be very dedicated.  the only way i would be that dedicated is if i was still single. the only thing with low body fat right now are my calves :)

is it against some forum rule to pose (semi)nude selfie? plus it might give away my identity.

qwerty said:
I am in!

qwerty said:
i dont know how you guys sustain that. you must be very dedicated.  the only way i would be that dedicated is if i was still single. the only thing with low body fat right now are my calves :)

I'm at 20% right now.  It's super hard for me to get it any lower and takes a ton of dedication and motivation which I'm lacking.  I do want to try to get more ab definition.  But that requires a consistent calorie deficit.

is it against some forum rule to pose (semi)nude selfie? plus it might give away my identity.

qwerty said:
I am in!

That's why I can't do the challenge ;) 

bones said:
qwerty said:

I'm at 20% right now.  It's super hard for me to get it any lower and takes a ton of dedication and motivation which I'm lacking.  I do want to try to get more ab definition.  But that requires a consistent calorie deficit.

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

i think we need to see a selfie of bones from the neck down to protect her identity :)

20% is very good but ill take me some 25-30% any day all day!

qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

i think we need to see a selfie of bones from the neck down to protect her identity :)

Oh wow - those pics are pretty accurate. Yup, that's me with the slight pooch thing (or whatever you want to call it). Yea to get to 15%, I would have to starve.  And no more Ren taiwanese noodles for breakfast.  That's a deal breaker.

Back