$150 to participate in TIC "Discussion Group"

With the reaction of everyone thinking this is terrible, I wonder why TIC is pushing it?  Honestly, you look at the new homes right now and the only ones selling well are LV.  Can they not take the hint?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Are you surprised?  Large home (2,500sf-3,000sf) on a motorcourt = FAIL!!!!
Yes... I'm surprised that TIC is dumb enough to put 2500sft+ (3000sft???) homes on a motorcourt.

It's not like this is San Francisco where land is scarce. Ridiculous.

When Irvine schools start to drop below 700 API because of over crowded classrooms, and it takes you half an hour to get from Irvine Blvd to Alton, and you can't find parking to shop at 99 Ranch, or 85 Degrees, just remember it was TIC who did this to you.

the large house on a motorcourt isnt a new strategy.  they are all over sunnyvale and santa clara and have been around there for last 15 years.

i hope no one buys these and they tear them down.

Nous said:
With the reaction of everyone thinking this is terrible, I wonder why TIC is pushing it?  Honestly, you look at the new homes right now and the only ones selling well are LV.  Can they not take the hint?
Why you ask?  One word....GREED.

@ps:

Did they have driveways like Montecito? Or were they just garage on motorcourt like all the detached condos in Stonegate and LagAlt?

I guess USC is right and it's all about the money.  $_$  I think the worse news is that they review this in 2010 and decided it was the idea to go forward with.  Sounds like nothing has changed since then.

Nous said:
I guess USC is right and it's all about the money.  $_$  I think the worse news is that they review this in 2010 and decided it was the idea to go forward with.  Sounds like nothing has changed since then.
I just hope that perspective buyers vote with their wallet like they did with Laguna Altura.  I guess TIC is wondering how many homes they can jam...errr build on every acre.  At some point, enough is enough. 

irvinehomeowner said:
@ps:

Did they have driveways like Montecito? Or were they just garage on motorcourt like all the detached condos in Stonegate and LagAlt?

They have driveways

USCTrojanCPA said:
Nous said:
I just hope that perspective buyers vote with their wallet like they did with Laguna Altura. 

I don't think prospective buyers had a choice. How many people could even qualify for financing for a Toscana Plan 1?

1%? 0.5% of the population?

ps99472 said:
They have driveways
I'll be honest here... if the price was right, the floorplan was decent and it was in a good location (like near the 405), I would consider it.

We actually didn't mind Montecito II too much other than how expensive they were for the living space/room count you were getting. If Plan 1 had an upstairs laundry and a loft and was a bit lower in price, we would have bought one because of proximity to places in Woodbury (school across the street)... we just didn't like the Woodbury location that much.

But I do think TIC is regressing here. It's not like Maricopa in Stonegate is breaking sales records and they are going to create floorplans subpar to those on a motorcourt? I wonder if they plan to price these LOWER than Maricopa, like mid $600-mid $700k... since those are the same size range and going for high $700k+. Did they give you an indication of price?

ps99472 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Wow... they are even getting worse.

I take it these are going into either Stonegate or Cypress Village.

Boo on TIC.

iPac/TIC rep lady mentioned Stonegate, but I could care less, when she unfolded the site plan motorcourt layout of these undesirable floorplans, I got a little depressed and frustrated.  One guy even asked her straight out, "what are the advantages of these motorcourt layouts?"  She paused (she was a good presenter and this was the only question that made her pause), and said she doesn't know and she said maybe more privacy?  I wanted to leave at that moment, but I already stayed for an hour and didn't want to leave without my money.

What a joke! The real answer as stated by USC, is pure GREED. How can we pack more homes into a smaller area and still call it a detached product?

I am not sure about the demand for 3000sqft sfr homes on motorcourts--it doesn't sound appealing to me but if you price it cheap enough, people will buy it.

All the current TIC products would sell like hotcakes except for two things: 1) PRICE 2) Mello Roos

If TIC was serious about moving products along, they would aggressively move down on their prices and cut the MR fees. But right now they face no local competition until 2013--then Heritage Fields will start having their influence.

TIC should be looking into similar products like Las Ventanas and the old Los Arobles. Give people a traditional detached layout with a backyard, a reasonable price & MR, flexible and open floor plans, and you will have sales success.

I though there was going to be some new homes starting up in 2012 in lake forest on the other side of the airbase to provide some other options also?

irvinehomeowner said:
ps99472 said:
They have driveways
I'll be honest here... if the price was right, the floorplan was decent and it was in a good location (like near the 405), I would consider it.

We actually didn't mind Montecito II too much other than how expensive they were for the living space/room count you were getting. If Plan 1 had an upstairs laundry and a loft and was a bit lower in price, we would have bought one because of proximity to places in Woodbury (school across the street)... we just didn't like the Woodbury location that much.

But I do think TIC is regressing here. It's not like Maricopa in Stonegate is breaking sales records and they are going to create floorplans subpar to those on a motorcourt? I wonder if they plan to price these LOWER than Maricopa, like mid $600-mid $700k... since those are the same size range and going for high $700k+. Did they give you an indication of price?

They polled us on what we think the price would be, $800-850k was the general consesus.  I was way off and said 1 million, don't know why I did that.. (it was getting late And I wanted to get my money and leave). There were two focus groups, one for $700s homes and one for $800s homes, my group was in the second one.  So I believe the target price for these would be starting at low $800s.  Even if the floor plan was better I wouldn't spend that much to live in a motor court. 

ps99472 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ps99472 said:
They have driveways

They polled us on what we think the price would be, $800-850k was the general consesus.  I was way off and said 1 million, don't know why I did that.. (it was getting late And I wanted to get my money and leave). There were two focus groups, one for $700s homes and one for $800s homes, my group was in the second one.  So I believe the target price for these would be starting at low $800s.  Even if the floor plan was better I wouldn't spend that much to live in a motor court.

you should have said $500K.  make TIC price this stuff lower...not higher!

Back