$150 to participate in TIC "Discussion Group"

So I was told to bring pics and floorplans I like, anyone have good floorplans to share?  I'm looking for a 4 bed 3 bath with upstairs loft and downstairs bed/ den for 2500 sq ft.

Although this is bigger than you requested i really liked the Laguna Altura Cortona Residence 3. basically 4 bedroom and loft with downstairs den/bedroom. They could probably cut some areas and make it work.

http://www.irvinepacific.com/LagunaAltura/Cortona/Floorplans.aspx?snid=73&mid=270

ps99472 said:
So I was told to bring pics and floorplans I like, anyone have good floorplans to share?  I'm looking for a 4 bed 3 bath with upstairs loft and downstairs bed/ den for 2500 sq ft.
Las Ventanas Plan 2 downstairs and Las Ventanas Plan 3 upstairs.

USCTrojanCPA said:
ps99472 said:
Las Ventanas Plan 2 downstairs and Las Ventanas Plan 3 upstairs.

Yes, this is also my ideal floor plan for a 2,000-2,300 sq ft house.

I agree with USC about LV 2/3, but I'll make it easy on TIC, they can use one of their own California Pacific plans, it's even smaller than 2500sft and has a small lot footprint, Portisol Plan 3 in Woodbury (which may be bk-designed):

a4tsgp.jpg

I modified the kitchen to include a walk-in pantry (moved the garage door entry to where the old cabinet pantry was) and they can expand the kitchen/living area to make the space bigger and hit the 2500sft mark that PS9 wants.

Any of the upper bedrooms can be a loft option although I chose BR 4 so you can make it open to below. Some may choose BR 2 to give some separation between the master and the 2 other bedrooms.

Any floorplans you guys have that include a formal dining room?  I'm ok with 3 bed and a loft upstairs and 1bed/den downstairs.

I'll try to keep it recent... this detached condo (which can be used as an SFR) is a good representation of a style of home used often in various Irvine projects, bigger versions of this can be found in Tapestry in Quail Hill, this one is Linden Plan 4, also in QH:

lindenfloorplan4.gif

I was too lazy too copy it and modify it but it's also a small lot footprint and actually gives you a wrap-around yard. You may be able to gain living space by moving the den to the living area ala current TIC homes and having a larger great room area. You could also widen the back half of the footprint to make the master bedroom bigger by moving the master bathroom over a bit.

I assume 3CWG floorplans are out of the question due to the extra width required but they should at least do the tandem ones where the tandem space can be a flex area that is either another bedroom/den/whatever (like they did with Mille Fleurs in Woodbury). Side entry homes would allow space for a 3CWG... but then the house front would be all garage which isn't very pretty.

How bout plan 1 at Jade in Brea?http://www.sheahomes.com/community/jade-blackstone/plans/plan1/

I like how everything branches off from the Kitchen, ideal for families and small kids.  It's a little big, so one of the Bedrooms need to go, probably the one downstairs sticking out next to the Entry.  The morning room is naturally the dining room despite it's name (that's how the model was setup too).  I'll make the study a den with the walkin pantry.  As for the hobby room, I'll use it as a 3rd space garage.  Upstairs we have a loft and  everything can be left unchanged.  Hopefully this can be done around 2500 sq ft (trying to keep it around $800-850k).  So the main thing I like is the kitchen layout, that's where I'll be most of the time and I can keep tabs on everything.  I don't see many of these kitchen command centers in irvine floor plans.  I'll bring this up to them.  So 2500 sq ft, 3 bed 3 bath, den, semi- formal dining area, 3CG, loft upstairs, kitchen command center, on a 5000 lot for $850,000 in Irvine, I would buy in a heartbeat.  If they throw in vaulted ceilings I would buy two.

That's a good floorplan too... the only thing is you can't see the Great Room from the casual dining area.

5000sft lots, 3CGs and vaulted ceilings are all extinct... along with driveways... in Irvine.

I like how the casual dining room is separate from the great room (TV).  I plan to have real dinners with the fam instead of busting out the tv trays or eating on the kitchen counter.  Most modern families don't have time for this anymore, I would like to attempt at least, otherwise I will turn it into an exercise room. 

So 5000 lot not possible?  I'll take 4500 then.  But I think this footprint will be too big, it will end up having a Maricopa backyard (more like a strip). 

Well, when entertaining, it's usually good to have a dining area near the action... so people can transition from eating to lounging easily, the formal dining is for the big dinners.

If you're going to go up to 2800sft, I modified a Woodbury Rosemoor Plan 3:

2v8fw4h.jpg

I added the mud room access to the garage (used to be outdoor porch) that can also be converted to a huge pantry or home management center. You can also optionally give it access to the dining room. By adding that access, the 3rd bay can be converted to a hobby room, man cave or workout area.

The other change was I removed the huge fireplace in the family room to add more space and flexibility on where you put your TV. Upstairs, I only changed the master bath to the vampire layout (TM BK) like they did in Villa Rosa, this gives both sinks a medicine cabinet. While it may reduce continuous counter space, there is still a vanity area between the two master closets. Any of the upstairs bedrooms can be a loft.

I really like this floorplan because it's one of the few that has TWO downstairs bathrooms. When you have large parties, people don't have to go upstairs when the powder is being used.

IHO, you seem to really like the side entrances, huh?  I dunno, I'm just not a big fan of homes where I can't see the front door from driving on the street.

I actually prefer front doors with porches.

I think the reason why you see these side door executions is to allow more room for the front bedrooms... but if you take any of the recent floorplans in Woodbury or Stonegate that have front doors, they can easily be converted to have the same floorplans as these. TIC just needs to shrink some spaces down a bit. While it is nice to have huge Great Rooms... there comes a point when you are losing functionality over size.

BTW: The QH Linden floorplan is a front door execution.

@akula:

If you turn the front room into a den, that window can serve as a "Christmas Thief" window (and the QH Linden also has it).

Bad news guys, went to the meeting tonight, we were shown floorplans of 2600- 3000sq. ft homes.  But these homes are on a motorcourt like montecito.  Can you imagine a 3000 sq ft  home at the end of a motorcourt?  If you thought the yards at maricopa were small, wait till you see these. 

So all the floorplans (I thought of taking pics of it with my phone when the lady wasn't in the room) are similar in having a huge Great Room (one was 30x29?)  A couple have awkard entries into the kitchen and great room.  There was no foyer experience.  Two of the floorplans have the master bed downstairs.  Most people complained about this.  Unless you're fat, lazy, or old, you don't want a downstairs master bed.  Only one plan has an upstairs laundry.  TIC is really pushing for our feedback on this upstairs bonus room, it is fairly big 20x20 and ask us what we would do with it.  I put down media room/library/play room.  No formal dining room in all of the floorplans, I'm willing to give up the living room, but would prefer a dining room with some privacy.  No 3CG, one floorplan might have room for a tandem 3CG but TIC seems unwilling to budge on this. 

If this is where we are headed for future projects, i will have to go resale for my next home.

Now my biggest concern is the inside of the house, outside not so much (as long as it's not on a motorcourt but of course TIC failed on this).  I still want a entry/foyer experience (vaulted ceiling!) and having the kitchen as the focal point.  Garage entry should be in the foyer close to the stairs and kitchen.  A window at the kitchen sink is nice.  An island that "faces" the Great room is more functional.  I just don't see people paying 900k to live on a motor court, especially with these type of floorplans. 

Overall our feedbacks were negative to the floorplans presented to us.  The nail in the coffin for me was when they told us these are on motorcourts. 

TIC is going to ruin Irvine, mark my words. We'll see how Irvine "public" schools hold up when the population of the city is 520,000 because of all the high density building TIC is doing to make a buck. With all the Chindians running around, it's going to look like mini-Bangalore.

I'm just glad I have my golden parachute ready to deploy fairly soon. Good bye Chindian land, hello white water OC coastline.

irvinehomeowner said:
Wow... they are even getting worse.

I take it these are going into either Stonegate or Cypress Village.

Boo on TIC.
Are you surprised?  Large home (2,500sf-3,000sf) on a motorcourt = FAIL!!!!  The worst part of it is that'll probably price them around $1m which is more FAIL!

irvinehomeowner said:

Boo on TIC.

iPac/TIC rep lady mentioned Stonegate, but I could care less, when she unfolded the site plan motorcourt layout of these undesirable floorplans, I got a little depressed and frustrated.  One guy even asked her straight out, "what are the advantages of these motorcourt layouts?"  She paused (she was a good presenter and this was the only question that made her pause), and said she doesn't know and she said maybe more privacy?  I wanted to leave at that moment, but I already stayed for an hour and didn't want to leave without my money.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Boo on TIC.
Are you surprised?  Large home (2,500sf-3,000sf) on a motorcourt = FAIL!!!!  The worst part of it is that'll probably price them around $1m which is more FAIL!

Sand Canyon is going to look like the 91 freeway during rush hour.

Back