Trellis Court at Cypress Village East

lol

WTTCHMN said:
lisa429 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Cal Pac is known for efficiency and often a coat closet and the 4'x4' space in front of it cause extra footage. When said and done the plan lost 40 sf of space between the closet and the vestibule in front of it. Would you pay $16,800 for a coat closet or $16 for a coat stand from Ikea?

Fair enough, but what about storage?  Where would you keep things like extra paper towels, your vacuum cleaner, things like that?  Anyone know if there sufficient room in the garage for built-ins?

Why pay $16,800 for a place to store your vacuum cleaner when you can just leave it next to the front door.  Then you can hang your coat on it and save yourself $16 from having to buy a stand from Ikea.  Right, IHS?  ;D

The issue is not necessarily one of design, but of valuation. If the "efficient" layout saves $30k with stairwell toilet and no closet, fine. But then the plan 1 price should be less than $850k in my opinion. Cal-Pac raised prices right before opening from high $700s to low $800s. It suggests they simply want to pocket those savings, not pass them on to buyers.

Sounded like supply and demand. When many buyers salivate over the homes the builder becomes bullish. The first week is for gauging the market and visitors reaction before setting the final price for phase one release a week later. These will continue to sell well base on my prediction and will be sold out quickly.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Sounded like supply and demand. When many buyers salivate over the homes the builder becomes bullish. The first week is for gauging the market and visitors reaction before setting the final price for phase one release a week later. These will continue to sell well base on my prediction and will be sold out quickly.

More like a teaser price just to get people interested. Most of us on TI knows how it goes.

#marketing

Don't you know home builders profit is limited to 6% by agreement with the land seller?

jr-batman said:
The issue is not necessarily one of design, but of valuation. If the "efficient" layout saves $30k with stairwell toilet and no closet, fine. But then the plan 1 price should be less than $850k in my opinion. Cal-Pac raised prices right before opening from high $700s to low $800s. It suggests they simply want to pocket those savings, not pass them on to buyers.

Learned something new today, had no idea that was a thing.  Is this specific to Irvine?

Also, I stopped by the sales office to do a frame walk of our unit, and the sales team notified me that Phase 2 would be releasing this Saturday with a slight price bump.  Probably 11 units or so.

Our floorplan luckily does not have the powder room on a slightly elevated floor, and I initially thought not having a coat closet would be inconvenient.  However, I'd rather have the extra space and add extra garage storage near the garage door entrance for similar convenience.  Who wears coats in sunny socal anyways  8)

irvinehomeshopper said:
Don't you know home builders profit is limited to 6% by agreement with the land seller?

jr-batman said:

Smart move. $29 from target you can get a vinyl see thru closet. Most cars driven around Irvine are 14' deep and if you leave a foot between the rear bumper to the roll up door there is a space of 5' from the hood to wall. This is where you should install your closet. Buy a few more so you can relocate your master closet there to make a very happy wife.

id_rather_be_racing said:
Learned something new today, had no idea that was a thing.  Is this specific to Irvine?

Also, I stopped by the sales office to do a frame walk of our unit, and the sales team notified me that Phase 2 would be releasing this Saturday with a slight price bump.  Probably 11 units or so.

Our floorplan luckily does not have the powder room on a slightly elevated floor, and I initially thought not having a coat closet would be inconvenient.  However, I'd rather have the extra space and add extra garage storage near the garage door entrance for similar convenience.  Who wears coats in sunny socal anyways  8)

irvinehomeshopper said:

jr-batman said:

lisa429 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Cal Pac is known for efficiency and often a coat closet and the 4'x4' space in front of it cause extra footage. When said and done the plan lost 40 sf of space between the closet and the vestibule in front of it. Would you pay $16,800 for a coat closet or $16 for a coat stand from Ikea?

Fair enough, but what about storage?  Where would you keep things like extra paper towels, your vacuum cleaner, things like that?  Anyone know if there sufficient room in the garage for built-ins?

I live in jade court which should be similar enough. The garage has plenty of room for built ins along the front and along the side. The side wall can comfortably fit 2' deep cabinets/shelving. I don't think it's even necessary to get extra shelving though. Calpac threw in cabinets wherever they could find room. Like in the laundry room there's a cabinet I didn't even notice until it got pointed out during my walkthrough. I think the trellis courts also have cabinets in the island.

The garage was always going to be my sanctuary, so I've already taken measurements and planned out the cabinets and flooring to order.  Having 2 small cars is going to make our garage seem enormous  ;D.  I've also noticed our garage has a decent-sized nook under the stairwell, which I think almost all the floorplans have.  With some creative storage planning, this could easily store quite a few household supplies. see floorplan here:http://calpacifichomes.com/neighborhoods/trellis-court/floorplans/2r/

irvinehomeshopper said:
Smart move. $29 from target you can get a vinyl see thru closet. Most cars driven around Irvine are 14' deep and if you leave a foot between the rear bumper to the roll up door there is a space of 5' from the hood to wall. This is where you should install your closet. Buy a few more so you can relocate your master closet there to make a very happy wife.

id_rather_be_racing said:

irvinehomeshopper said:

jr-batman said:

Only Plan 2 has the cabinets in the island (which is what we went with).  There's plenty of storage in the kitchen for us, and we never really thought we needed more during the model walkthroughs.

cheetos said:
lisa429 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

I live in jade court which should be similar enough. The garage has plenty of room for built ins along the front and along the side. The side wall can comfortably fit 2' deep cabinets/shelving. I don't think it's even necessary to get extra shelving though. Calpac threw in cabinets wherever they could find room. Like in the laundry room there's a cabinet I didn't even notice until it got pointed out during my walkthrough. I think the trellis courts also have cabinets in the island.

cheetos said:
lisa429 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Good to know Cal Pac is generous with garage space.  We're currently in a Marigold (Irvine Pacific) and there's barely enough room for our two compact cars plus a couple feet in either direction.  Our neighbors with trucks only park one car their garages because they're so small and resort to parking their second cars outside.

I pass by on my drive home.  I'll try to stop by and post a price sheet soon.  I can see why people like it...it's like a woodbury detached courtyard feel but much larger in size.  Woodbury averages around 1300-1400 sq for something similar but it's obvious from outside this is much bigger

Last Saturday was Phase 2 release.  I recall there were 11 homes in this phase, with most of them selling that day.  Base price also slightly increased as well depending on model # (5-10k increase).

Back