Trellis Court at Cypress Village East

These units fall under Irvine High School. I'm a newbie here. Would this be a deal breaker for anyone here? Also, is IHS a good school? I saw the post with the scores and it's at the bottom for Irvine high schools.

Thanks for your feedback.

Fxguy said:
These units fall under Irvine High School. I'm a newbie here. Would this be a deal breaker for anyone here? Also, is IHS a good school? I saw the post with the scores and it's at the bottom for Irvine high schools.

Its both ways. If your kids can handle the tough competiton at Uni and NW then its okay. If not, they can feel the pressure of having good grades and not making the cut to top universities. Its like saying "only if you are an APAAS student, you can become the next CEO of a company"

blueribbon said:
Fxguy said:

Its both ways. If your kids can handle the tough competiton at Uni and NW then its okay. If not, they can feel the pressure of having good grades and not making the cut to top universities. Its like saying "only if you are an APAAS student, you can become the next CEO of a company"

I think the perception of Uni/NW being better schools is greater with parents, no as much with college admissions departments.  Thus the added competition in those schools isn't necessarily better for the majority of students.  Plus, those schools have better measurables mainly b/c of the parents, not because of the faculty or administration at the respective schools. 

However, from a property-value standpoint, that perception has benefitted all the homes zoned to Uni/NW. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
blueribbon said:
Lantana and Trellis Court have the lowest MR so far in Irvine. The regular Cypress village(upto sand canyon) folks pay a bit more for MR compared to these 2 neighborhoods. Sales says they have some bonds which these don't and vice versa.

Yeah, my buyers and I was pleasantly surprised that the MR was only around $2,400/yr.  I think these will sell well because they are nice floor plans with space used very efficiently (standard with CalPac).

I'm happy to update that Mello Roos will actually be only $1,700/yr.  I don't think I've seen any other newer communities with lower MR in Irvine.

Also, one thing to note is the other side of Ridge Valley Road will be the proposed ice rink (where the Ducks will practice) & retail center currently slated as "Base Camp". 

id_rather_be_racing said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
blueribbon said:
Lantana and Trellis Court have the lowest MR so far in Irvine. The regular Cypress village(upto sand canyon) folks pay a bit more for MR compared to these 2 neighborhoods. Sales says they have some bonds which these don't and vice versa.

Yeah, my buyers and I was pleasantly surprised that the MR was only around $2,400/yr.  I think these will sell well because they are nice floor plans with space used very efficiently (standard with CalPac).

I'm happy to update that Mello Roos will actually be only $1,700/yr.  I don't think I've seen any other newer communities with lower MR in Irvine.

Also, one thing to note is the other side of Ridge Valley Road will be the proposed ice rink (where the Ducks will practice) & retail center currently slated as "Base Camp". 

That's really low....definitely a pleasant surprise for buyers.

Place seems pretty tight.. add to the fact that you are in a courtyard with no driveway.  Other than the high ceilings.. it's meh. 

According to the sheet I got, there are two special assessments - CFD's 86-1 for $747/year and 09-1 for $1,700/year. Do these go up by a certain % every year like some of the other places?

Nope, these do not go up as far as I know.  86-1 expires 9/2020 and 09-1 expires in 9/2051.  Of course these can be refi'd, and can be extended.  Don't factor in them dropping off your tax bill, count it as a bonus when they do disappear.  Some dude on TI did a whole thread on MR of Irvine.  He must've been bored. 

CFD 86-1 is deducted from CFD 09-1 due every year, so total MR will not exceed 09-1.  At least for now.

totoros said:

According to the sheet I got, there are two special assessments - CFD's 86-1 for $747/year and 09-1 for $1,700/year. Do these go up by a certain % every year like some of the other places?

Stopped by for a quick visit, the SCE Grid is highly visible and definitely an eyesore.  If I didn't know about Calpacs floor plans, probably would've crossed it off the list immediately if I was in the market for these homes. 

Park with pool and Bbq/shade upon entering neighborhood, pretty standard and expected.  Townhomes will dominate the skyline here.  Not all the clusters for Trellis Court are 4's.  Some are 6's and probably a few choice underwear freedom lots as well.

Typical Calpac sales office with nice staff.  Even the office is efficient compared to other builders.  Plan 1 is pretty good already.  Hard to believe they were able to squeeze in high ceilings in all the floor plans (shame shame to all other builders).  I wouldn't buy a plan 1 because it's missing a bedroom, but then what other 1700 sq ft home has a loft, high ceilings and a decent sized bedroom down?  Not many, especially in Irvine.

Plan 4 was next and easily my favorite.  Wide open layout and has almost everything on my needs list except it enters into a wall.  Question for you guys (IHS), why so many steps and different levels?  The powder room is 3 steps up, the loft is a step down then a step up again as I recall.

Plan 3 is also pretty good, don't like the stacked laundry though.  Plan 2 is best bang for the buck, with 4 bedrooms, but missing loft.

Double HOA and looks like mello is indeed $1700/year.

By studying the floor plans in my brochure the powder off the stairs landing is about the most clever solution to hide the toilet from view off the  main living space.

A vestibule inclusive of the walls that create the arch opening to hide the powder would absolutely be necessary if the powder were at the same level as the living room. The floor area would have consumed 5-1/2'x5-1/2' = 30.25 sf.

30.25sf x $420/sf = $12,705

The stairs landing access to the powder room saved the consumers $12,705.

Would you rather spend it on getting a bigger house like an extra 2' to the entire length of a bedroom. That means a 12' wide bedroom instead of a 10' wide?

The plans are very clever indeed!

ps9 said:
Typical Calpac sales office with nice staff.  Even the office is efficient compared to other builders.  Plan 1 is pretty good already.  Hard to believe they were able to squeeze in high ceilings in all the floor plans (shame shame to all other builders).  I wouldn't buy a plan 1 because it's missing a bedroom, but then what other 1700 sq ft home has a loft, high ceilings and a decent sized bedroom down?  Not many, especially in Irvine.

Plan 4 was next and easily my favorite.  Wide open layout and has almost everything on my needs list except it enters into a wall.  Question for you guys (IHS), why so many steps and different levels?  The powder room is 3 steps up, the loft is a step down then a step up again as I recall.

Plan 3 is also pretty good, don't like the stacked laundry though.  Plan 2 is best bang for the buck, with 4 bedrooms, but missing loft.

Double HOA and looks like mello is indeed $1700/year.

Does it bother anyone else that there's no coat closet, under-the-stairs storage or much of a pantry (except plan 4)?

Cal Pac is known for efficiency and often a coat closet and the 4'x4' space in front of it cause extra footage. When said and done the plan lost 40 sf of space between the closet and the vestibule in front of it. Would you pay $16,800 for a coat closet or $16 for a coat stand from Ikea?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Cal Pac is known for efficiency and often a coat closet and the 4'x4' space in front of it cause extra footage. When said and done the plan lost 40 sf of space between the closet and the vestibule in front of it. Would you pay $16,800 for a coat closet or $16 for a coat stand from Ikea?

Fair enough, but what about storage?  Where would you keep things like extra paper towels, your vacuum cleaner, things like that?  Anyone know if there sufficient room in the garage for built-ins?

lisa429 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Fair enough, but what about storage?  Where would you keep things like extra paper towels, your vacuum cleaner, things like that?  Anyone know if there sufficient room in the garage for built-ins?

Why pay $16,800 for a place to store your vacuum cleaner when you can just leave it next to the front door.  Then you can hang your coat on it and save yourself $16 from having to buy a stand from Ikea.  Right, IHS?  ;D

Back