Thank God We have a guard gate!

JustSayin said:
You've obviously never been to Santa Ana.  (Oops was that shockingly racist?)

Just dont follow people to their homes and you wont have to worry about getting blasted by people who keep guns.

Okay.  But since drive by shootings are okay in Compton, we should follow that rule.

The alternative would be that people don't shoot other people because they're paranoid and just call the police.  I mean...it's a pretty easy rule to follow.  People outside your house, call the police.  People coming into  your house with bad intent, protect yourself. 

But of course, the odds of someone actually coming into your house is extremely tiny and the overwhelming odds are that those people have no intention to harm you personally.  The presence of a gun likely raise the likelihood of someone being shot. 
http://www.the-broad-side.com/guns-for-self-defense-myth-versus-reality

since we don't know the facts, I can make a logical guess

"Don't make excuses for him...I had my signal on and it was obvious I was trying to get to the left turn lane. Plus prior to that he was tailgating me for a mile down culver so he had an agenda."

Paris was driving slowly in the right lane and blocking the traffic; this guy was tired of it so he changed to the next lane and tried to pass her. Then she cut him off and he was pissed. Turning left from Culver to North Park gate is really not that long of a drive so she was only being followed briefly.

bad female driver who is trigger happy...

In the end.. road rage is never worth it.. on both sides.  I have gotten into my share of fist shaking.. but you calm down and realize.. man that is just not worth it.

I agree. I am glad the other guy is not as trigger happy as she is.

jmoney74 said:
In the end.. road rage is never worth it.. on both sides.  I have gotten into my share of fist shaking.. but you calm down and realize.. man that is just not worth it.

jmoney74 said:

fist shaking??? you broke the other guy's noise.

anyway, should we also install a gate in PP to keep other people and ghost out.

Irvinecommuter said:
Didn't mean to thank the comment (was going for the quote button).  Which, by the should a feature.  I should be able to remove my own thank yous.

Instigate doesn't necessary require intent.  A person may do something that he or she did not mean to do but results in an action/response.  You can argue whether it was reasonable for the other person to react in such a strong manner but I think it is reasonable for people to react negatively being cutoff.

Instigate means to provoke or encourage, if she did have her signals on and truly just needed to make the turn, it would be hard to argue that her action was instigating. Once again, we don't know the exact circumstance so calling her the instigator is nothing more than an accusation,
Btw, I gave you a thank you back since you seem to care so much about it.

irvineguy said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Didn't mean to thank the comment (was going for the quote button).  Which, by the should a feature.  I should be able to remove my own thank yous.

Instigate doesn't necessary require intent.  A person may do something that he or she did not mean to do but results in an action/response.  You can argue whether it was reasonable for the other person to react in such a strong manner but I think it is reasonable for people to react negatively being cutoff.

Instigate means to provoke or encourage, if she did have her signals on and truly just needed to make the turn, it would be hard to argue that her action was instigating. Once again, we don't know the exact circumstance so calling her the instigator is nothing more than an accusation,
Btw, I gave you a thank you back since you seem to care so much about it.

Again...instigating is not dependent on intent. 

The California Court Company said:

"Yet, no violence had followed directly from Evers? speeches, and the Court found that Evers? ?emotionally charged rhetoric . . . did not transcend the bounds of protected speech set forth in Brandenburg? Evers? speech did not constitute unprotected incitement of lawless action,989 the Court also cited Watts, thereby implying that Evers? speech also did not constitute a ?true threat."

In the end, Evers was protected by the freedom of speech... which I already knew... so why are you stating the obvious again?

having the signals on does not mean you can change the lane safely; to protect your children does not mean it is OK to shoot a guy who followed and approached toward your car. That would be pretty ironic had that occurred, for her kids to witness their mom as a killer.

irvineguy said:
if she did have her signals on and truly just needed to make the turn, it would be hard to argue that her action was instigating.

having the signals on does not mean you can change the lane safely; to protect your children does not mean it is OK to shoot a guy who followed and approached toward your car. That would be pretty ironic had that occurred, for her kids to witness their mom as a killer.

irvineguy said:
if she did have her signals on and truly just needed to make the turn, it would be hard to argue that her action was instigating.

Seriously?  You are being far to literal for the forum-- she wasnt going to shoot anyone.

well I did not know the broad protection by the first. I learned something new. So please don't let me know who you really are otherwise I will pay you a visit with my gun

irvineguy said:

"Yet, no violence had followed directly from Evers? speeches, and the Court found that Evers? ?emotionally charged rhetoric . . . did not transcend the bounds of protected speech set forth in Brandenburg? Evers? speech did not constitute unprotected incitement of lawless action,989 the Court also cited Watts, thereby implying that Evers? speech also did not constitute a ?true threat."

In the end, Evers was protected by the freedom of speech... which I already knew... so why are you stating the obvious again?

JustSayin said:

irvineguy said:

Seriously?  You are being far to literal for the forum-- she wasnt going to shoot anyone.

Because thank god she had a guard gate!  What if she didn't and drove straight home to her marine corp husband and her gun?

that I agree. Thank God she had a guard gate otherwise who knows this guy might have been blasted to pieces.

Irvine-ite said:
Because thank god she had a guard gate!  What if she didn't and drove straight home to her marine corp husband and her gun?

that I agree. Thank God she had a guard gate otherwise who knows this guy might have been blasted to pieces.

Irvine-ite said:

Guard gate or not, the point is he knows where she lives and what type of car she drives. If he's really crazy and has time, he can come on a random day and wait for her to leave.

Paris said:
I immediately turned into my gated community so he didn't even start to follow me until I was already in my neighborhood. Thank god I realized he was following me so I didn't go near my home so he wouldn't even know what vicinity of the neighborhood I lived in.

He followed you into the gates?

Back