Thank God We have a guard gate!

Dom said:
The other Irvine-y driving habit I shake my head at is... So many turn arrows here have 2 lanes turning. If you know you are going right immediately following the turn, why the heck would you select the left lane, only to try to cross several lanes of traffic after completing the turn? Pick the turn lane that puts you where you need to be, not the furthest point from it.

I have seen this myself as well. My guess is, they are trying to get into the shortest left hand turn lane, and figure they'll just cut in later on to get into the lane they really want. Trying to cut the line. Everyone here thinks their time is too valulable...

Here are my thoughts:
If someone is following you, don't drive to your house location. (Gated or not) Now that guy knows where you live.
You should of driven to a police station and call the cops before you get to the police station.

you are the one who is confused. we only get to hear one side of the story so whatever she claims about the other guy you have to take a grain of salt.

Just look at her comments about herself:
"And asshole if you're reading this right now my United States marine husband is on the lookout for your old ass with his gun"
"I was just changing lanes fast to get to my turn"
"I wish I had our gun in the car, I would not have hesitated in shooting at him"

We are looking at a maniac female driver that is a danger on the road; not only she cuts people off, but she will also shoot you if you react back.

irvineguy said:
You did not answer my question so I take it as you don't have an answer.

That is because there is no excuse for following someone home just for being cut off. And if there were a hit and run he would have told the security that he is merely trying to exchange information and would have called the cops himself to report the accident!

Facts based on Paris' side of the story:

Paris potentially being a bad driver - reprehensible

Guy following someone home - inexcusable

Don't get it confused.

The California Court Company said:
like I said, maybe she swiped his car? I would go after some one who just did hit and run on me.

irvineguy said:
so this guy deserves to be hunted down and shot by her US marine husband? lol
since we only hear one side of the story, it will be foolish to jump to any conclusions.

fact is that she admitted herself that she "changed her lane pretty fast" and is asking her husband to hunt this guy down.

maybe she accidentally swiped this guy's front bumper and he just wanted her insurance information? 

First off, no one is hunting anyone down I'm sure, she's just guarding her territory which has obviously been invaded, even a dog knows to bark right?

Second, of course we only know 1 side of the story, but all these adverse reactions came from this side of the story. The point here is that people aren't talking about a hit and run here, people are justify this guy's action of following Paris home based on her story that she "cut him off". Seriously?? that justifies following someone home?! Let's put it this way, if you cut someone off, accidental or not, and they followed you home viciously, with 2 kids in the back seat, what would you do?

Irvinecommuter said:
paperboyNC said:
On the East Coast drivers are taught to let cars over - especially if they have their turn signal on. In California drivers seem to think that no one ever has the right to get over and a turn signal means "hurry up and block their way".

Not sure why the California drivers are offended so easily.

I don't know about East Coast but I think people spent a lot of time in their cars in California.  Traffic and everyday life stresses result in a lot of anxiety and anger.

Its  only going to get worse. Surface street traffic is getting worse by the day as they continue to overbuild in Irvine. I can't imagine Irvine Blvd, Sand Canyon and Jeffrey when they finish building out Cypress Village, Northwood Paseo, Orchard Hills, Great Park, and Portola Springs.

The population is reaching a critical mass where they NEED a better public transport system within Irvine (not buses that come every 45 minutes) to relieve the traffic congestion and resultant road rage excesses.

JustSayin said:
like I said, maybe she swiped his car? I would go after some one who just did hit and run on me.

irvineguy said:
so this guy deserves to be hunted down and shot by her US marine husband? lol
since we only hear one side of the story, it will be foolish to jump to any conclusions.

fact is that she admitted herself that she "changed her lane pretty fast" and is asking her husband to hunt this guy down.

maybe she accidentally swiped this guy's front bumper and he just wanted her insurance information? 

First off, no one is hunting anyone down I'm sure, she's just guarding her territory which has obviously been invaded, even a dog knows to bark right?

Second, of course we only know 1 side of the story, but all these adverse reactions came from this side of the story. The point here is that people aren't talking about a hit and run here, people are justify this guy's action of following Paris home based on her story that she "cut him off". Seriously?? that justifies following someone home?! Let's put it this way, if you cut someone off, accidental or not, and they followed you home viciously, with 2 kids in the back seat, what would you do?

Then you would deserve the Marine's boot up your ass and Paris' .357 pointed at your head.

If you follow someone to their home for some minor property damage, then you deserve everything you get.

I am pretty sure that's not how it works...and if it is, that's really troublesome. 

you are the one who is confused. we only get to hear one side of the story so whatever she claims about the other guy you have to take a grain of salt.

"And asshole if you're reading this right now my United States marine husband is on the lookout for your old ass with his gun"
"I wish I had our gun in the car, I would not have hesitated in shooting at him"

We are looking at a maniac female driver that is a danger on the road; not only she cuts people off, but she will also shoot you if you react back.

Which is why this whole thread is head scratching. It seems like her actions last night were to protect her two small kids sitting in the back. If that's the case, then why post about it on here with baiting comments to the guy driver.  It would seem to me the original poster is in a lose lose situation here if the guy does read this forum. He would know a heck of a lot more about her than she does about him. The whole thing seems dumb and a weak attempt to "prove" why guard gates are "good".

nyc to oc said:
Dom said:
The other Irvine-y driving habit I shake my head at is... So many turn arrows here have 2 lanes turning. If you know you are going right immediately following the turn, why the heck would you select the left lane, only to try to cross several lanes of traffic after completing the turn? Pick the turn lane that puts you where you need to be, not the furthest point from it.

I have seen this myself as well. My guess is, they are trying to get into the shortest left hand turn lane, and figure they'll just cut in later on to get into the lane they really want. Trying to cut the line. Everyone here thinks their time is too valulable...

Part of it is because Irvine street roads at highway speeds.  Most of the major streets have speed limits of 50+ mph (which means people are driving at 60+ mph).  People don't realize how little time they have to react to things and approach a light/intersection at that speed.

I am guilty of it as well but I generally just make U-turns if I miss my destination.

following some one home is one thing; wish she had a gun so she can shoot or asking her husband to bring a gun to find the guy is a whole different level.

Going down a completely different road but this is the reason why I am scare of people owing guns.  People always talk about responsible gun ownership but people are often irresponsible.

Wow, you're even more confused than I thought. I've acknowledged numerous times that we OBVIOUS ONLY KNOW ONE SIDE OF THE STORY, and that we are BASING THIS DISCUSSION ON THIS SIDE OF THE STORY.

your earlier post states:

"I applaud the guy for teaching a bad female driver a lesson. driving a van with two little kids does not mean you own the road and every one has to yield to you."

then you went on to talk a probable hit and run.

Basically, you have your mind made up about Paris as a horrible driver and you are siding with the other driver no matter what, even thought you don't even know his side of the story.

Heck, if you want to go that route, we don't even know if this whole shenanigan even happened.

But you did make your own inferences so let's look at what we have before coming to a conclusion: What we have is that something happened on the road, this guy followed her home, then got kicked out by the security guards. Which, by the way he left the property, we can reasonably deduce that there was no accident and it was pure road rage. What we don't know is what Paris did to cause the road rage, but most importantly, and the point I've been trying so hard to make, is that no matter how much a person pisses you off on the road, DON'T FOLLOW HER HOME.

You would appreciate if others don't follow you home, so why would you support people that do so?

irvineguy said:

That is because there is no excuse for following someone home just for being cut off. And if there were a hit and run he would have told the security that he is merely trying to exchange information and would have called the cops himself to report the accident!

Don't get it confused.

Is Paris's first name Sarah?

Just freakin' relax people.
Do you think she really would have blown the guy's brains out or maybe she was being a little hyperbolic?

I will tell you this.  We all make driving mistakes.
Following someone home is a threatening and deliberate act.
If you threaten someone near their home and get blasted, you got what you deserved.

Irvine-ite said:
Irvineguy - to be fair, he didn't follow her home. He was just following her. She led him home.

Sorry, but that's totally lame.
You're saying he was led, but didnt follow? 
That no makey sense.

JustSayin said:
Is Paris's first name Sarah?

Just freakin' relax people.
Do you think she really would have blown the guy's brains out or maybe she was being a little hyperbolic?

I will tell you this.  We all make driving mistakes.
Following someone home is a threatening and deliberate act.
If you threaten someone near their home and get blasted, you got what you deserved.

Again...that's not how it works.  You don't get to shoot people because they threatened  you near your house.  In fact, you don't get to walk back into your house to get a gun to shoot someone who is threatening you.  Unless there is a klan meeting in front of your house and a burning cross on your lawn, you call the police. 

It's not the Wild Wild West (or Florida).

JustSayin said:
Irvine-ite said:
Irvineguy - to be fair, he didn't follow her home. He was just following her. She led him home.

Sorry, but that's is totally lame.
That no makey sense.

This whole thing is lame. He was wrong to follow her. But some people are making this out to be "oh my god, he's crossing the line because he followed her HOME!!!"

irvineguy said:
Wow, you're even more confused than I thought. I've acknowledged numerous times that we OBVIOUS ONLY KNOW ONE SIDE OF THE STORY, and that we are BASING THIS DISCUSSION ON THIS SIDE OF THE STORY.

your earlier post states:

"I applaud the guy for teaching a bad female driver a lesson. driving a van with two little kids does not mean you own the road and every one has to yield to you."

then you went on to talk a probable hit and run.

Basically, you have your mind made up about Paris as a horrible driver and you are siding with the other driver no matter what, even thought you don't even know his side of the story.

Heck, if you want to go that route, we don't even know if this whole shenanigan even happened.

But you did make your own inferences so let's look at what we have before coming to a conclusion: What we have is that something happened on the road, this guy followed her home, then got kicked out by the security guards. Which, by the way he left the property, we can reasonably deduce that there was no accident and it was pure road rage. What we don't know is what Paris did to cause the road rage, but most importantly, and the point I've been trying so hard to make, is that no matter how much a person pisses you off on the road, DON'T FOLLOW HER HOME.

You would appreciate if others don't follow you home, so why would you support people that do so?

irvineguy said:

Don't get it confused.

I don't think anyone supports people who follow others.  I think it's a situation where both sides have culpability.  One act led to another and another.  It was a good thing that it didn't escalate to the level that it could have.

Irvine-ite said:
JustSayin said:
Irvine-ite said:

That no makey sense.

This whole thing is lame. He was wrong to follow her. But some people are making this out to be "oh my god, he's crossing the line because he followed her HOME!!!"

Somebody got the point, finally.

irvineguy said:
Irvine-ite said:
JustSayin said:
Irvine-ite said:

That no makey sense.

Somebody got the point, finally.

Pretty sure most people got the point..but it somehow became a debate about whether it was okay for people to be shot for road rage. 

Back