Thank God We have a guard gate!

On the East Coast drivers are taught to let cars over - especially if they have their turn signal on. In California drivers seem to think that no one ever has the right to get over and a turn signal means "hurry up and block their way".

Not sure why the California drivers are offended so easily.

paperboyNC said:
On the East Coast drivers are taught to let cars over - especially if they have their turn signal on. In California drivers seem to think that no one ever has the right to get over and a turn signal means "hurry up and block their way".

Not sure why the California drivers are offended so easily.

I don't know about East Coast but I think people spent a lot of time in their cars in California.  Traffic and everyday life stresses result in a lot of anxiety and anger.

I applaud the guy for teaching a bad female driver a lesson. driving a van with two little kids does not mean you own the road and every one has to yield to you.

The PC Response: Oh you poor thing, I'm glad you're okay.

The Reality: You probably cut him off pretty sick.

Lesson to you: Keep your buffer on the road, especially around large men twice your size.

Surprises me that we have so many seemingly intelligent individuals on this board, yet, so many lack even the most basic common sense.
We are not talking about someone trying to teach you a lesson or scare you qwerty-style, we are talking being followed.. HOME! Where you sleep, eat, shit, and raise your kids with complete guards down, a place that obviously does not welcome lunatics of any kind. I would be pretty upset if someone followed my wife home and she didn't call the cops, I would question her instinct to protect the family. I've been on both side of this type of tailgating road rage, but to follow someone home is just crossing the line, and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

so this guy deserves to be hunted down and shot by her US marine husband? lol
since we only hear one side of the story, it will be foolish to jump to any conclusions.

fact is that she admitted herself that she "changed her lane pretty fast" and is asking her husband to hunt this guy down.

maybe she accidentally swiped this guy's front bumper and he just wanted her insurance information? 

irvineguy said:
Surprises me that we have so many seemingly intelligent individuals on this board, yet, so many lack even the most basic common sense.
We are not talking about someone trying to teach you a lesson or scare you qwerty-style, we are talking being followed.. HOME! Where you sleep, eat, shit, and raise your kids with complete guards down, a place that obviously does not welcome lunatics of any kind. I would be pretty upset if someone followed my wife home and she didn't call the cops, I would question her instinct to protect the family. I've been on both side of this type of tailgating road rage, but to follow someone home is just crossing the line, and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

Paris said:
This freak of nature who thought in his deranged mind that I cut him off decided to follow me home tonight. He tailgated me through the resident gate and continued to follow me. I turned right around and went straight to the guard gate and talked to security while calling 911 as he was parked behind me screaming nonsense. I had my 2 young babies in the car - I would have eaten his head!

I had 3 security guards with me within seconds and finally he took off.  He didn't even live in the community! Thank god I had a guard gate.

And asshole if you're reading this right now my United States marine husband is on the lookout for your old ass with his gun and the irvine PD has your license plate so expect a knock on your door tonight!

What is with people in irvine and road rage - unbelievable!! :mad: :eek:

Oh Vow.  this happened yesterday night?  Was there Honking?  Meadowood Gate?

Paris said:
This freak of nature who thought in his deranged mind that I cut him off decided to follow me home tonight. He tailgated me through the resident gate and continued to follow me. I turned right around and went straight to the guard gate and talked to security while calling 911 as he was parked behind me screaming nonsense. I had my 2 young babies in the car - I would have eaten his head!

I had 3 security guards with me within seconds and finally he took off.  He didn't even live in the community! Thank god I had a guard gate.

And asshole if you're reading this right now my United States marine husband is on the lookout for your old ass with his gun and the irvine PD has your license plate so expect a knock on your door tonight!

What is with people in irvine and road rage - unbelievable!! :mad: :eek:

Learn 2 Drive

Paris said:
qwerty said:
Someone cut me off on the 8 freewAy in San diego once. I followed him for like 5 minutes. He switched lanes, I switched lanes. I would flash him with my brights. Then he exited the freeway. I was just having fun trying to teach him a lesson.

So was it you?
And I didn't cut him off, I was just changing lanes fast to get to my turn. I wasn't scared, but my maternal protective instinct was in high gear - I wish I had our gun in the car, I would not have hesitated in shooting at him

It's psychos like you shooting guns at other drivers that's the definition of Road Rage.

The California Court Company said:
since we only hear one side of the story, it will be foolish to jump to any conclusions.

fact is that she admitted herself that she "changed her lane pretty fast" and is asking her husband to hunt this guy down.

maybe she accidentally swiped this guy's front bumper and he just wanted her insurance information? 

First off, no one is hunting anyone down I'm sure, she's just guarding her territory which has obviously been invaded, even a dog knows to bark right?

Second, of course we only know 1 side of the story, but all these adverse reactions came from this side of the story. The point here is that people aren't talking about a hit and run here, people are justify this guy's action of following Paris home based on her story that she "cut him off". Seriously?? that justifies following someone home?! Let's put it this way, if you cut someone off, accidental or not, and they followed you home viciously, with 2 kids in the back seat, what would you do?

like I said, maybe she swiped his car? I would go after some one who just did hit and run on me.

irvineguy said:

First off, no one is hunting anyone down I'm sure, she's just guarding her territory which has obviously been invaded, even a dog knows to bark right?

Second, of course we only know 1 side of the story, but all these adverse reactions came from this side of the story. The point here is that people aren't talking about a hit and run here, people are justify this guy's action of following Paris home based on her story that she "cut him off". Seriously?? that justifies following someone home?! Let's put it this way, if you cut someone off, accidental or not, and they followed you home viciously, with 2 kids in the back seat, what would you do?

irvineguy said:

Isn't it kind of stupid to lead the guy home?  Now he knows where she lives (guard gate and all). The better plan of action in this situation is to drive to the police station.  Or have the driving skills to lose him in irvine traffic.

It is fortunate the guards were there to help, and dude absolutely went off the deep end following you home. That said...

We moved to Irvine (from Garden Grove) a year ago, and the number of drivers here that "change lanes fast to get their turn" here is astounding. So many people don't position themselves ahead of time when it is clear, then transition across lanes at the street or driveway they need to turn on. You know where you are going, plan ahead.

The other Irvine-y driving habit I shake my head at is... So many turn arrows here have 2 lanes turning. If you know you are going right immediately following the turn, why the heck would you select the left lane, only to try to cross several lanes of traffic after completing the turn? Pick the turn lane that puts you where you need to be, not the furthest point from it.

You did not answer my question so I take it as you don't have an answer.

That is because there is no excuse for following someone home just for being cut off. And if there were a hit and run he would have told the security that he is merely trying to exchange information and would have called the cops himself to report the accident!

Facts based on Paris' side of the story:

Paris potentially being a bad driver - reprehensible

Guy following someone home - inexcusable

Don't get it confused.

like I said, maybe she swiped his car? I would go after some one who just did hit and run on me.

irvineguy said:

irvineguy said:

Then you would deserve the Marine's boot up your ass and Paris' .357 pointed at your head.

If you follow someone to their home for some minor property damage, then you deserve everything you get.

Back