Petaluma or Marin ?

firsttimehomebuyer said:
YellowFever said:
oc.queries said:

That's true, there is tax savings... which varies depending on income.

are tax savings available for rental properties ?

Yes assuming you don't hit a certain income point, almost everything is tax savings with rental properties.  Mortgage interest, HOA fees, taxes, repairs, upgrades, some closing costs (when buying/selling), and I assume property management fees as well.  Though will all things you can ask more experienced people or your cpa

Folks, thanks for all the information in this thread.  Debating Silverleaf in PS versus Petaluma plan 1 in EW.  Does location account for 150K price difference for a similar floor plan (Petaluma is slightly better floor plan for sure)? 
Also, is the proximity of cellphone tower for future Petaluma phases going to affect the pricing and sale of Petaluma?

irvineempathy said:
Folks, thanks for all the information in this thread.  Debating Silverleaf in PS versus Petaluma plan 1 in EW.  Does location account for 150K price difference for a similar floor plan (Petaluma is slightly better floor plan for sure)? 
Also, is the proximity of cellphone tower for future Petaluma phases going to affect the pricing and sale of Petaluma?

Someone might buy it and then realize that they live by a cell tower.  ;)

YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
Someone might buy it and then realize that they live by a cell tower.  ;)

That's pretty much how it goes.  To them, pesticides, noise pollution, air pollution, and cell tower are probably like a tiny problem and pales in comparison considering where they're coming from (dirty urban China).

Possibly the cell tower disclosure to them means better reception.  ;)

irvineempathy said:

By looking at the sale pace at Petaluma and EW in general, buyers do willing to pay for the price premium for the home at EW.  And not just the location but also the walkable distance to the elementary school, zone to NW High and lowest MR among all the new developments (except CVE) which make EW quite attractive. 

Regarding to cell tower, I don't think it will have an impact on the current or future sales and pricing.  Petaluma at these two extension lot are close to the cell tower but are not right next to it and a lot of people didn't even notice that there is a cell tower in EW. 

Cell tower are everywhere in Irvine.  There a cell tower on top of the hill inside that gated Lambert Ranch, and that community have one of the highest price appreciation in the area.  There also a cell tower on Jeffrey, located on the JOST right next to Woodbury where some of most expensive home in the Woodbury are located.  Those home (and their prices) near the JOST and cell tower are doing just fine, not affected by it at all.

Just for inversion sake. Better cell phone service may help valuations. Could you imagine being the Irvine Co and making the argument that poor cell phone service at the spectrum is because they don't want cell towers nearby.

Hi Experts, Thanks for the inputs. 

So, it looks like it is safe to jump into the current or next couple of phases in Petaluma...

Lower melloroos, lower HOA (detached condo) and proximity to school/park, good bit of distance from Jeffrey and from cellphone tower (atleast the current phase and next)

Looking at 850K with minor upgrades...pricey but looks like the price will hold good or slightly increase as there are more phases coming up.

Agreed?

Agreed.

You'll probably end up spending more on upgrades after the closing price though. Backyard and window treatments are needed at the very least.

YellowFever said:
we're asian, we don't do window treatments.  We use newspaper.  highly effective and environmentally conscious.

or use the temporary blinds.  ;)  (change when HOA sends final warning notice)

YellowFever said:
BTW, my wife read the entire hazards thread.  She is concerned now about OH.  ;D ;D  But I really like OH I told her and I could see us at Padova too, if we save for 1 more year. But she's very concerned about pesticides... I told her 'But it's for entertainment purposes!!!" ...and then she's rolled her eyes...

Wait until she reads the disclosures for the Groves.  You know it used to be a dump site too, right?

WTTCHMN said:
YellowFever said:
BTW, my wife read the entire hazards thread.  She is concerned now about OH.  ;D ;D  But I really like OH I told her and I could see us at Padova too, if we save for 1 more year. But she's very concerned about pesticides... I told her 'But it's for entertainment purposes!!!" ...and then she's rolled her eyes...

Wait until she reads the disclosures for the Groves.  You know it used to be a dump site too, right?

Sounds like a game changer....for EW.

OH is fine, https://oehha.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=4560cfbce7c745c299b2d0cbb07044f5

it's green like palos verdes, rossmoor, arcadia and san marino...

oc landfill info:http://www.oclandfills.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=60359

YellowFever said:

YellowFever said:
WTTCHMN said:

No I did not!  I was born and raised in the LBC where Tupac grew up... I've been in OC for just about a decade.  Landfill is okay as long as they've sealed it up and no gases/liquids permeate.  Most baseball fields were all previously landfills anyways.
If landfill is okay, come to PS1/LR  ;)

Back