Petaluma or Marin ?

YellowFever said:
irvineempathy said:
Thanks YellowFever.
Looks like you did not read my comments fully... I mentioned 'I just added my name in their interest and trying to get preapproval'.  So, I am aware of the process. 
However, you seem to be dodging my direct question 'why are you not getting a call to book a home even if there are homes unsold from the last release'.

Are you absolutely sure that all six homes in phase 25 were still for sale two days ago????  ;)  Maybe somebody ahead of me took my option. 

And..how do you know what elevation I want and what residence I want?  There are 4 elevation types with 3 residences.  That's 12 possible combinations...

I stopped by in Petaluma sales office today, only one plan 2 from release 25 left, all 3 homes from a previous release backing Jeffrey available
If anyone is interested, you may try

YellowFever said:
irvineempathy said:
I stopped by in Petaluma sales office today, only one plan 2 from release 25 left, all 3 homes from a previous release backing Jeffrey available
If anyone is interested, you may try

Good info!

Well, then, did you tell them you were interested and ready to place a deposit on that one?  It seems like no one on that mythical "1000+ people waiting list" want it.  ;)

Or did they get tired of calling people?

These homes are pushing over $900,000 after upgrades and bullshit... for that kind of money, there are resales that are just as big if not bigger with extra bedroom, driveways and bigger yards all ready to go.

I cannot afford residence 2.  So, have to wait for the next release, but not sure if I should pay $900K (with basic upgrades, landscaping and window treatment) for the next release.  Or should I wait for that magical resale home to show up in my dream? ???

oc.queries said:
Did you happen to ask when is the next release?

Yes, I did.  In 2 weeks I heard but it will be a few thousand dollars more in base price. 
Not sure how long this price increase will go...if I consider the 40 phases planned for Petaluma (now at phase 25), will it be 870K base price for Residence 1 and 900+ for residence 2 and 3 when it finishes?  :eek:

I understand why I need to pay 850K for a detached condo (without driveway)....but dont understand why someone would pay 1 million in a couple of years for the same?  Is inflation expected to go up so much?

How would San Mateo in Stonegate compare with Petaluma in EW 5 years from now?  5 year old home versus 10 year old home with comparable floor plan...

Wow...that is a lot of info, thanks :)

How would San Mateo in Stonegate compare with Petaluma in EW 5 years from now?  5 year old home versus 10 year old home with comparable floor plan...

Petaluma is a detached condo....does that mean the land does not belong to the owner?
I understand it is only one HOA, so the home owner has to take care of the building exterior/roof as well?

irvineempathy said:
Petaluma is a detached condo....does that mean the land does not belong to the owner?
I understand it is only one HOA, so the home owner has to take care of the building exterior/roof as well?

You have to consider Petaluma as a SFR without a driveway and located at a flagpole lot. 

So yes, the owner owns the land and responsible for the structure upkeeps.

lnc said:
irvineempathy said:

You have to consider Petaluma as a SFR without a driveway and located at a flagpole lot. 

So yes, the owner owns the land and responsible for the structure upkeeps.

Thank you

ok , I got pre approval for Petaluma Residence 1.  Should I bite the bullet if I am offered a home in the upcoming phase?  How much room for appreciation do we have (considering there are 14 more phases)?
I really value the opinions in the TI  :)

Back