Petaluma or Marin ?

How much would be monthly payment difference between Helena plan 3 and Petaluma plan 1?
1. Roughly, $80k more; so, $300 extra for mortgage
2. $800/12 = $66
3. One HOA, -$175
4. $20 extra for insurance
So, roughly, $200 extra per month. Does this look okay or I missed anything?

OCLuvr said:
How much would be monthly payment difference between Helena plan 3 and Petaluma plan 1?
1. Roughly, $80k more; so, $300 extra for mortgage
2. $800/12 = $66
3. One HOA, -$175
4. $20 extra for insurance
So, roughly, $200 extra per month. Does this look okay or I missed anything?

It looks about right to me, though insurance probably won't be $20 more a month, probably closer to $5-10 more/month

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
Are chinese still able to get money out? I thought <1m are having issues

Yes of course. There are other means and methods. Don't believe what you hear about it. I've spoken to plenty of realtors and they have no problems.

Yes you can still get it out. It is just more difficult than it was yesterday.

YellowFever said:
This is corruption at it's finest.

"China's working population ? 770.4 million people ? is the largest in the world"

"less than 2 percent of workers earn enough to pay income tax, according to Goldman Sachs. "  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That means all them workers are evading taxes and hiding their money.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-china-s-middle-class-really-earn-and-spend

The average Chinese consumer spends $7 a day versus the average American spending $97 a day on total expenditures. So living in China allows you to MAXIMIZE your earning/saving potential.

I can vouch for the tax part. Most people here don't pay taxes. If they did, the rates are crazy high.

But your last statement should come with an *. If you make US dollars and live in China, then yes, you are correct. But if you live in china, make chinese salary, then you will have a much lower standard of living compared to the US. Things are wayyyyy more expensive there relative to your wage as a % compared to the US.

Average chinese person makes 3000-3500 rmb or so around where I'm at. a Mcdonalds big mac combo is around 30 rmb.  That's 1% of your monthly income to eat one meal at mcdonalds.

Compared to making US dollars 3000-3500 a month, and eating a big mac combo for $8 (what does it cost nowadays? I've been away for awhile). It's only 0.2 ish %.

Back