Petaluma or Marin ?

oc.queries said:
are there any properties in PS comparable to Petaluma or Helena, that you would suggest to buy.

Wait on Petaluma is never ending and Helena is completely sold out apart from couple of 770+.

We are considering PS. May be Indigo. Plan 3 comes for 700+.

Whats ur thoughts on this?
[/quote

I have a friend who bought there. It's a copy of Caserta in cypress village. They said the floor plans are nice. Only complaint is the commute. Said it takes 15 minutes from ps to get on the 5 on sand canyon. Only other negative is if the cemetery comes. Plus might be proximity to portola high for potential future tenants. Good value for the sq ft, but resale isn't as fast as other neighborhoods

Are you budget for legado or trellis court? U can check it out too

Legado started @ 850K. Now I don't know what is the price. That might out of our range.
Petaluma Res 1 below 850K, which we think we can afford.  Our comfort range is below 750K, for which we are not getting any new construction. any suggestions for that?

oc.queries said:
Legado started @ 850K. Now I don't know what is the price. That might out of our range.
Petaluma Res 1 below 850K, which we think we can afford.  Our comfort range is below 750K, for which we are not getting any new construction. any suggestions for that?

WOw just checked around the irvine site.  YOu might be right.  Portola springs is probably the only neighborhood left within your comfort zone for new construction.  Go check out the plans with the family and see if you like any of them.  I think Indigo and Silverleaf look decent though I haven't seen the models or just constantly look for resales in Irvine would be the other option

Helena at 770k is a no no for sure.  There's just no way it can appreciate much more than that...

oc.queries said:
are there any properties in PS comparable to Petaluma or Helena, that you would suggest to buy.

Wait on Petaluma is never ending and Helena is completely sold out apart from couple of 770+.

You said wait is never ending for Petaluma but 2 weeks ago (may be even now) they were a few Residence 1 or 2  plans  available that priority members had passed up.

Regarding traffic issue on SandCanyon, best bet for anyone living in PP/PS/SG/LR is: take 133 toll road in the mornings which is just 0.96 cents toll. And, lets say there are two people in the household going to work, $1.92 every weekday will come out as $40/month which is not bad at all.

oc.queries said:

There are a few properties in GP that are within your price range but the MRs are quite hefty.  If you like Helena, have you checked out Tristania? Square footage and layout is comparable to many of the detached units but this is attached with low MRs.

You can also find something nice for resale locally:

Stonegate East:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/25-Shellbark-92618/home/39976843

Woodbury:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/97-Rinaldi-92620/home/12257346

Good luck with the search, bud!!

Irvinehomeseeker said:
oc.queries said:

You said wait is never ending for Petaluma but 2 weeks ago (may be even now) they were a few Residence 1 or 2  plans  available that priority members had passed up.

Those ones are next to Jeffery. that's the reason we are hesitant to take that too. I visit almost every week.

Even today, we visited them. They are not saying things openly, when asked about # of ppl waiting for Plan 1. They said you are last on the waiting list. We will be informed only, when the previous ones are not interested in the release.

Prototype said:
oc.queries said:

There are a few properties in GP that are within your price range but the MRs are quite hefty.  If you like Helena, have you checked out Tristania? Square footage and layout is comparable to many of the detached units but this is attached with low MRs.

You can also find something nice for resale locally:

Stonegate East:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/25-Shellbark-92618/home/39976843

Woodbury:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/97-Rinaldi-92620/home/12257346

Good luck with the search, bud!!

Thanks Prototype.
Shellbark looks gud. But says Sale pending for last couple of days.
Woodbury sqft is huge.

YellowFever said:
But you won't be breaking even unless you drop almost 40-50% down, so why bother trying?  I've done the math, at 25% down with no upgrades, it's like $4300+ per month, PITI + HOA + Mello.  Also factor in higher interest for rental residence.

Thank you. That's what I'm wondering.

Back