Petaluma or Marin ?

Builder's warranty is only for one year anyway, and many of the upgrades homeowners do with outside contractors does not void that warranty.  It really depends on the upgrades.

Thing like  shower tiles, tub surround, should be done through the builder.  It actually cost more and very messy do it afterward.  If the 3red party contractor didn't do it right and caused a leak, you are on the hook for repair bill.  If there's a leak that is caused by the builder but you have 3rd party do the tile work, builder can denied the repair since there's work done by others and it's hard to prove who cause the damage. 

Speaking of Petaluma:

Does anyone know if one has to place the garbage cans all the way across the motor court to the street or will the truck pick it up from next to your garage(assuming these trucks can backup). If you live at end of motor court, I would hate to push it past other homes to the street.

Parking for guests- looks like no designated parking areas for guests like in piedmont....only street parking. Is this something to consider?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Speaking of Petaluma:

Does anyone know if one has to place the garbage cans all the way across the motor court to the street or will the truck pick it up from next to your garage(assuming these trucks can backup). If you live at end of motor court, I would hate to push it past other homes to the street.

Parking for guests- looks like no designated parking areas for guests like in piedmont....only street parking. Is this something to consider?

Like paydawg said, you have to push your trash can out to the street

I live in the stonegate equivalent of Petaluma, parking on the street won't be an issue for you.  There's always spaces you can parallel park at.  Most people park cars inside their garages

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Most people park cars inside their garages

Do most people actually park in their garages?  Most motorcourt villages I see have a ton of cars parked outside and maybe 1 car in their garage, but most are full of junk.

akkord said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
Most people park cars inside their garages

Do most people actually park in their garages?  Most motorcourt villages I see have a ton of cars parked outside and maybe 1 car in their garage, but most are full of junk.

Maybe it's a stonegate thing, but on my street, most park their cars inside the garage.  People generally have decent/new cars on my street so they are probably want to keep it outside.  The problem with most motor court style are the condo attached products in my opinion...where there's probably 4-5 people living in a 2 bedroom (students sharing rooms etc), not the sfr/Petaluma kind. 

If you know your way around stonegate, drive around and look at the difference in outside parking space with san mateo properties and then go across the other end of stonegate and look at the santa clara/santa maria properties.  It's very different IMO  I've never not been able to get street parking when I need it randomly

what is San Mateo and Santa Barbara?  Which one is attached and which one is the "Petaluma" equivalent?

Off top of my head,

Petaluma = San Mateo
Helena = cambria
Avalon reminds me of santa clara
Delano reminds me of a larger sq ft santa maria

I wasn't in the market for anything bigger than san mateo so not sure the marin equivalent.  The rest on sale for stonegate are true sfr 1million+

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Off top of my head,

Petaluma = San Mateo
Helena = cambria
Avalon reminds me of santa clara
Delano reminds me of a larger sq ft santa maria

I wasn't in the market for anything bigger than san mateo so not sure the marin equivalent.  The rest on sale for stonegate are true sfr 1million+

way...too...many.....Northern....Cali....city....names.....getting.....confused.....

Thanks to the TI members for answering my questions.

I guess I have to make quite some compromises when buying Petaluma. Where I currently live at an attached condo, I just have to place the cans outside my garage. As mentioned in other threads,  you buy in Irvine for a reason and you have to be prepared to make compromises  given the high prices for a new construction.

Piedmont that way is better but comes with a price that is 150-175K more than  Petaluma plan 3.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Thanks to the TI members for answering my questions.

I guess I have to make quite some compromises when buying Petaluma. Where I currently live at an attached condo, I just have to place the cans outside my garage. As mentioned in other threads,  you buy in Irvine for a reason and you have to be prepared to make compromises  given the high prices for a new construction.

Piedmont that way is better but comes with a price that is 150-175K more than  Petaluma plan 3.

You seem to be very hung up on the trash cans.  Attached condos like my old Caserta in Cypress village was the same way, you just leave the cans out the garage so it's not a new construction thing

Just a gut feeling, but you seem like you want true sfr but worried about the pricing and the compromises you would make for new construction

Maybe a older resale in Irvine might be more suitable, usually hoa less than $100 and some without MR as well...I haven't looked enough to confirm if the ones below have MR but they shouldn't...I believe Eastwood is 1.4% in comparison

4102 manzanita
7 Perryville
4022 escudero dr
13782 andele way
5101 yearling ave

All below $900k and you can put your can in the front
Most are zoned for Irvine high, so if you needed Northwood, ignore my post

Good luck! I wonder how trellis court in cypress village sets up their cans...  :-\

Thank you SoclosetoIrvine for suggesting some resale homes. For me, new construction is first preference.  I get that putting cans out is once a week thing, I may get used to it😀

The new neighbourhood of Eastwood is the biggest draw for me.

are there any properties in PS comparable to Petaluma or Helena, that you would suggest to buy.

Wait on Petaluma is never ending and Helena is completely sold out apart from couple of 770+.

We are considering PS. May be Indigo. Plan 3 comes for 700+.

Whats ur thoughts on this?

Back