New High School Boundaries

Yes, This city loves yellow and beige.

White, brown and black are not on the approved stucco color palette.

abosch00 said:
i love how all threads eventually turn into a bitchfest about race and culture.  TI everybody!

adventurous said:
There must be something totally wrong with me, but I have a solid 80%-90% response from Asians.

Are you ugly?
People generally feel ugly folks are more approachable.

SoCal said:
adventurous said:
There must be something totally wrong with me, but I have a solid 80%-90% response from Asians.

Are you ugly?
A-ha.

That's why so many people ask me for directions or help finding something in a store.

adventurous said:
SoCal said:
adventurous said:

Are you ugly?

Geez.... I am handsome. :)

Ok. Just checking. Btw, there's nothing wrong with being ugly. Ugly people need love, too. In case any ugly people are reading this {{Hugs to the ugs}}

irvinehomeowner said:
That's why so many people ask me for directions or help finding something in a store.

Oh, okay, "Quasimoto", whatever you say! Do you honestly believe you're ugly?? You can't fool me. I've seen you. Believe me, I do know ugly when I see it, but you are absolutely NOT ugly! Please consider that my opinion is objective while your self-image is skewed. I don't "know" you & have no reason to lie to you -- you are an attractive man! Accept it, "Gramps!" I am a reasonable human-being with good vision. And if I think that, just imagine how many others do. You see? Please have a little more self-confidence!

bones said:
jmoney74 said:
yes the Asians just don't say hi.. not their thing.  When I move in to my house.. I'm going to keep saying hi until they say hi back or just move out after being annoyed.

Don't worry jmoney. Me say hi to you.

It's more fun just to keep saying hi to see their reactions.  ;)

As someone who has taught high level courses at a UC school, I am proud to report that kids from Irvine are just as dumb as kids from Victorville...I don't care what SAT scores say, I have students from Irvine in upper division courses that cannot construct basic sentences and think it is appropriate to use txt speak on midterm and final exams. 

It just isn't Asians these days.  White people too! Maybe they are being "Asian Washed" as Haoweng would put it.

Whenever I am in public and walk by someone one on one, I get this overwhelming feeling that I need to greet them especially if it's on a narrow sidewalk. On walks with my wife, I always greet people and she always laughs when they stand me up and not acknowledge me.

One trip to Tokyo I would always wake up first and take a solo walk around a nice large park.  During my walks, I would always smile and greet people when I walked past them.  The results were pretty much scattered. 

One trip in Hong Kong, I had a realization.  There are just TOO many people to say hi to.  People just go about their activities going from point A to point B lost in the thousands of others walking around. 

I think people are generalizing a bit too much.  Given the right circumstances, I am pretty sure most people will acknowledge a greeting.  Unless your appearance is "iffy" and the other person's mentality is if I can't see them, they can't see me.

These boundaries look good for 5P and GP homes. I thought some of the future GP homes (ones more south) were going to SVSD schools. These boundaries have them IUSD

Coleman said:
I think people are generalizing a bit too much.  Given the right circumstances, I am pretty sure most people will acknowledge a greeting.  Unless your appearance is "iffy" and the other person's mentality is if I can't see them, they can't see me.

There is quite a bit of generalization and stereotyping but there's always some truth behind it all. 

Also there's not much time for the "right circumstances" because people are just passing by most of the time ... unless you run into the same person every day in the neighborhood.  Even then I do notice the older aZn folks tend to go out of their way to ignore most greetings compared to the younger aZn crowd.  It's like against their belief to acknowledge someone without a proper introduction from a trusted friend, which I believe is the case with some cultures.

Back